Trick Shot Magic
Old
  (#1)
FASTEDDIE427
BUSTIN' BALLS SINCE '86
FASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Trick Shot Magic - 11-19-2013, 09:51 PM

I was looking at the lineup for this years trick shot magic and I couldn't help but notice one of the best Americans from last year IS NOT on the team this year.

CUE - JOSS
BREAKS - PLAYERS BREAK / JUMP
CASES - STERLING WAVE 2 X 3

POOL IS NOT A MATTER OF LIFE OR DEATH HELL NO ITS FAR MORE IMPORTANT

Old
  (#2)
The Renfro
www.outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-19-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE427 View Post
I was looking at the lineup for this years trick shot magic and I couldn't help but notice one of the best Americans from last year IS NOT on the team this year.
The whole trick shot gig is pretty much political now.... Ask some of the older artists about the situation and you will be sickened by their responses...

Artistic Pool should take it's place imho...

Chris

"I don't see the same way you do. So sit there and use your perfect vision to watch while I use my aiming system to run out"
The Renfro

Outsville.com

Old
  (#3)
FASTEDDIE427
BUSTIN' BALLS SINCE '86
FASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond repute

11-20-2013, 06:35 AM

Andy Segal = Trick Shot Mafia Don

CUE - JOSS

Old
  (#4)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

11-20-2013, 07:13 AM

Chris...Artistic pool is the generic term for any kind of trick shots, pool or 3-cushion. Trick Shot Magic is a particular television event that is an invitational, just like the Challenge of Champions, another Matt Braun production. Artistic pool is alive and well. There are several events run all year round, that are open to anyone.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renfro View Post
The whole trick shot gig is pretty much political now.... Ask some of the older artists about the situation and you will be sickened by their responses...

Artistic Pool should take it's place imho...

Chris

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#5)
The Renfro
www.outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute

11-20-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
Chris...Artistic pool is the generic term for any kind of trick shots, pool or 3-cushion. Trick Shot Magic is a particular television event that is an invitational, just like the Challenge of Champions, another Matt Braun production. Artistic pool is alive and well. There are several events run all year round, that are open to anyone.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com
was trying to refer to the genre where they have a set of shots for each discipline of Masse, Draw, jump etc. http://artisticpool.org/game/shots/

The bouncing rubber balls into cups x number of times while jumping up and down on one foot while rubbing your tummy and patting your head and stroking something simple made otherwise by all the gyrations has got to go....

"I don't see the same way you do. So sit there and use your perfect vision to watch while I use my aiming system to run out"
The Renfro

Outsville.com

Old
  (#6)
Cdryden
Pool Addict
Cdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond repute

11-20-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
was trying to refer to the genre where they have a set of shots for each discipline of Masse, Draw, jump etc. http://artisticpool.org/game/shots/

The bouncing rubber balls into cups x number of times while jumping up and down on one foot while rubbing your tummy and patting your head and stroking something simple made otherwise by all the gyrations has got to go....
I got to admit that the prop type shots are not my favorite, but for non players it is interesting. It's funny how that works but I grantee you that people who do not play will stop to watch someone shooting a jump shot into a miniature basketball goal before they will watch two guys actually playing a game. It's the gateway drug of pool.

Seriously though, how many players got involved in pool because they saw a trick shot show at a pool hall of tv show. I know I was one of them!

Trick Shots 1

Trick Shots 2

My Blog Page: CRAZY ABOUT POOL

The cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation.- McKenna

Old
  (#7)
StraightPoolIU
Brent
StraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

11-20-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:

I agree with this. I would also throw in all the shots where you have to do something simple multiple times in x number of seconds and any shot that involves holding more than 1 cue at a time as things that seem gimmicky and cheesy.

"No bar, no bowling alley, no pinball machines. Just pool. Nothin else."

Old
  (#8)
leto1776
AzB Gold Member
leto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond reputeleto1776 has a reputation beyond repute

11-20-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE427 View Post
Why not just say the player's name,instead of being vague?

Chuck Stephenson
Joss fan

Old
  (#9)
FASTEDDIE427
BUSTIN' BALLS SINCE '86

11-20-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leto1776 View Post
Why not just say the player's name,instead of being vague?
Do i need to say it...

CUE - JOSS

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: