Sponsorship for SVB

mrmickd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has Shane Van Boening changed sponsors? I thought I caught a short blurb about that.

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
Looks like he has given up pool and started ice fishing full time.

American Eagle as a possible sponsor.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear he is a pretty good fisherman. Probably better than his lousy pool skills.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
He is a crazy MF, he goes ice fishing with no pull-over, tent, no shack, nothing. just a coat, a auger and some poles. this year he got fancy and got some pop-ups.

SVB is the Dion Sanders of pool... LOL

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
He is a crazy MF, he goes ice fishing with no pull-over, tent, no shack, nothing. just a coat, a auger and some poles. this year he got fancy and got some pop-ups.

He just needs to put out an album and you're right. "Cowboy Songs from The South Dakota Kid" I now own copyright and trademark to that name. He needs to cut me in when it takes down the Grammys

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
He just needs to put out an album and you're right. "Cowboy Songs from The South Dakota Kid" I now own copyright and trademark to that name. He needs to cut me in when it takes down the Grammys

I'll tell'em!

SVB is a bit of a fish hound though. He get's after it. The other day on FB, he said he went to his truck and when he turned around two bald eagles swooped in, and stole some fish from his pile!!!!!!!!! CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I'll tell'em!

SVB is a bit of a fish hound though. He get's after it. The other day on FB, he said he went to his truck and when he turned around two bald eagles swooped in, and stole some fish from his pile!!!!!!!!! CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

He needs to train those b!tches to follow him around. How baller would it be to roll into the Mosconi Cup arena with a bald eagle on each shoulder? Merica damnit.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I heard he's now sponsored by Trojan Magnum condoms and Paul Mitchell hair spray.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
He's the new spokesman for the George Foreman grill.

images

Banks

Banned

That's how we did it in Maine back in the 80's with a friend, but we did use the pop rigs. I don't see how anyone could sit there jigging for hours. Never did get a lake trout.. sunsubeeches.

With all of the time he spends in Vegas, how's about Coppertone?

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
and to clarify my post & position -

we had the RARE opportunity to meet Shane @ Day 0/SUN in front of the Mirage volcano @ photoshoot w/ JP Parmetier & another good-looking Euro.

last night, KK9 asked me: SO WHAT'S YOUR BEST MOMENT OF MOSCONI?

to which i immediately replied: MEETING SHANE VAN BOENING

(no offense everyone else!)

we were, out front/streetside @ Strip. with Team USA. we had walked that long-ass walk from front door, around, and down, to street - with Earl. it was one of the most interesting 10-min walks of my life....

and there we were. suddenly surrounded by ALL OF TEAM USA. overwhelming! Johnny. Shane. Earl. Dennis. Rodney. Buddy rolled-in. cameras going. pictures flashing. passers-by stopping & asking. VOLCANO IN THE BACKGROUND W/ BEATLES CIRQUE DISPLAYED.

and when it was over, and i could slip in & meagerly ask for a favor from all, for my 13yr old pool player's DEC 6 birthday (who was not allowed to be @ Mosconi!)

SHANE was standing next to me.

i looked @ him & smiled. hesitated. (yea, yea, i know - what a CONCEPT coming from ME!) and then extended my hand and said: WOW. SHANE VAN BOENING.... IT IS AN HONOR, TO FINALLY, MEET YOU.

(yea, yea - i know!)

Shane cracked that half-smile....

i explained that i had a Mirage notepad (to PROVE i was THERE), adn would he please do me the courtesey of giving me his autograph, for my son's birthday? (cause my son will sh1t his pants when i get back w/ it from you - his all-time favorite) Shane had already signed it. and then he said:

DOES YOUR SON PLAY POOL?
WHAT'S HIS NAME? GREY?

he added:
Happy Birthday Grey
Shane Van Boening
Mosconi 2013

my son took the pad of autographs from all (thank you all, again!), and i didn't jpg 1st, cause i was an idiot. but suffice it to say - it was REAL. real COOL!!!!

PS - Shane's hair looked spectacular, thanks to Paul Mitchell!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane spends a lot of time with fans and especially the kids that play. He was one of the few pros in Vegas this summer during the 8-Ball, 10-Ball and One Pocket tournaments that spent time with the kids that were there for the BEF Jr Nationals. It's great that he signed a birthday greeting for your son!

My son met SVB a few times already at other events and each time he can't wait to see him again. That's my son on the right (note the AZBilliards patch ;) ) while Shane goes over some aiming and kicking questions from the kids.

995171_655827971096521_579549067_n.jpg

and to clarify my post & position -

we had the RARE opportunity to meet Shane @ Day 0/SUN in front of the Mirage volcano @ photoshoot w/ JP Parmetier & another good-looking Euro.

last night, KK9 asked me: SO WHAT'S YOUR BEST MOMENT OF MOSCONI?

to which i immediately replied: MEETING SHANE VAN BOENING

(no offense everyone else!)

we were, out front/streetside @ Strip. with Team USA. we had walked that long-ass walk from front door, around, and down, to street - with Earl. it was one of the most interesting 10-min walks of my life....

and there we were. suddenly surrounded by ALL OF TEAM USA. overwhelming! Johnny. Shane. Earl. Dennis. Rodney. Buddy rolled-in. cameras going. pictures flashing. passers-by stopping & asking. VOLCANO IN THE BACKGROUND W/ BEATLES CIRQUE DISPLAYED.

and when it was over, and i could slip in & meagerly ask for a favor from all, for my 13yr old pool player's DEC 6 birthday (who was not allowed to be @ Mosconi!)

SHANE was standing next to me.

i looked @ him & smiled. hesitated. (yea, yea, i know - what a CONCEPT coming from ME!) and then extended my hand and said: WOW. SHANE VAN BOENING.... IT IS AN HONOR, TO FINALLY, MEET YOU.

(yea, yea - i know!)

Shane cracked that half-smile....

i explained that i had a Mirage notepad (to PROVE i was THERE), adn would he please do me the courtesey of giving me his autograph, for my son's birthday? (cause my son will sh1t his pants when i get back w/ it from you - his all-time favorite) Shane had already signed it. and then he said:

DOES YOUR SON PLAY POOL?
WHAT'S HIS NAME? GREY?

he added:
Happy Birthday Grey
Shane Van Boening
Mosconi 2013

my son took the pad of autographs from all (thank you all, again!), and i didn't jpg 1st, cause i was an idiot. but suffice it to say - it was REAL. real COOL!!!!

PS - Shane's hair looked spectacular, thanks to Paul Mitchell!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
He likes fishing. I knew he was a good guy.

Might have to invite him up north for a weekend.

My Bud had some Indian dogs pack up on him one day fishing close to the Rez and steal his fish.

You guys have Bald Eagles, we have Indian Dogs.

Cool that Shane does that. I don't know how many other players that do that sort of thing, but Shane is good for pool.

Last edited:

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
You know it's weird, I've never even thought to ask Shane for an autograph. I'm not particularly close to him, but he's always just been Shane to me. Not SVB the world beater. Next time I see him, I'm going to have him sign my ice fishing rod!

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Fishing tournament payouts make pool tournament payouts look like children's lunch money.

Top prize is usually around $100,000 (although entry fees are often $2,000+). Plus sponsoring companies throw in extra if the winner uses their products. For example, Bass Pro Shops throws in an extra $7,000 if you won the event using one of their three boat brands or a Mercury engine.

And there are so many tournaments you could participate in a $50,000+ top prize event every week and not even scratch the surface. But you can run up some big expenses hauling a boat, gear and 2 people around the country.

Ice fishing tournament payouts are much less...lacks the big sponsors and are usually of interest only to local fisherman.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to see svb sponsored by azb, but it ain't my money.
I just believe you have to see all the free publicity to the target marketees that would be directly impacteed.

Yes, that was a song. Sing it, sister.

Or the eagles...that would be cool.