Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Shafts for Meuccis how are the hits different?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Shafts for Meuccis how are the hits different?
Old
  (#1)
South_Florida
AzB Silver Member
South_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Shafts for Meuccis how are the hits different? - 03-19-2014, 12:27 PM

I got a Meucci because I remebered liking the softer hit. Well now I have it and don't really like it. I have played with a Helmstetter forever and that feels a whole lot better to me when I compare. I shot with other peoples meuccis, so don't remember how they were setup and why I thought I liked them. They could have even been low end.

My HP-1 came with a Black Dot shaft & Lepro tip. So I am wondering if I am looking for more of a hit like my Helmstetter gives me, (why not just use the helmstetter I know but I would like more than one cue that I like to shoot with) will replacing the shaft get me there? If so, what would be the best option? I have not researched these except for the price on budgetcues and am wondering what the difference in the hit will come with each shaft.

Black Dot - I have
Red Dot - $163
Meucci Ultimate Weapon - $220
Predator 314 - $250
Predator Z - $250
OB-1 - $229
OB-2 - $229

Thanks!

Helmstetter 87-9
Meucci HP-1
9 Foot Gandy Queen Anne Leg Champagne
Simonis 860 - Simonis Green

Old
  (#2)
poolguy4u
AzB Silver Member
poolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by South_Florida View Post
I got a Meucci because I remebered liking the softer hit. Well now I have it and don't really like it. I have played with a Helmstetter forever and that feels a whole lot better to me when I compare. I shot with other peoples meuccis, so don't remember how they were setup and why I thought I liked them. They could have even been low end.

My HP-1 came with a Black Dot shaft & Lepro tip. So I am wondering if I am looking for more of a hit like my Helmstetter gives me, (why not just use the helmstetter I know but I would like more than one cue that I like to shoot with) will replacing the shaft get me there? If so, what would be the best option? I have not researched these except for the price on budgetcues and am wondering what the difference in the hit will come with each shaft.

Black Dot - I have
Red Dot - $163
Meucci Ultimate Weapon - $220
Predator 314 - $250
Predator Z - $250
OB-1 - $229
OB-2 - $229

Thanks!
I don't like the black dot shafts. You need an older 12.75-13mm Meucci shaft without the silly dots.
You don't need to spend those ridiculous prices for a shaft either.
For those prices, you can buy a new Meucci with a new shaft.

If you want to buy a good shaft...I recommend the McDermott I-3 shaft.

Old
  (#3)
South_Florida
AzB Silver Member
South_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond reputeSouth_Florida has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2014, 01:18 PM

Exactly the direction I was looking for, I do not like this Black Dot shaft at all, thanks!!!

Helmstetter 87-9
Meucci HP-1

Old
  (#4)
cbrand
AzB Silver Member
cbrand has a reputation beyond reputecbrand has a reputation beyond reputecbrand has a reputation beyond reputecbrand has a reputation beyond reputecbrand has a reputation beyond reputecbrand has a reputation beyond reputecbrand has a reputation beyond reputecbrand has a reputation beyond reputecbrand has a reputation beyond reputecbrand has a reputation beyond reputecbrand has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2014, 01:36 PM

I have a no dot shaft I can either trade for your black dot or i can sell the whole cue for 130

Old
  (#5)
South_Florida
AzB Silver Member

03-19-2014, 01:48 PM

I will probably keep it for masse purposes and look into the i3. Maybe if I wind up getting a McDermott all together I will want to sell the cue with the black dot.

Thanks for the offer!

Helmstetter 87-9
Meucci HP-1

Old
  (#6)
South_Florida
AzB Silver Member

03-20-2014, 10:50 AM

I liked what I read on that i3 and ordered one, thanks!

Helmstetter 87-9
Meucci HP-1

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: