Jerry Rauenzahn Cue Review...

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Well, I received my Jerry Rauenzahn cue today, a little short of 5 months after placing the order and EXACTLY when he said I would. It's a 60" (30-30 split) 20 oz full splice Brazilian into straight grain maple Brunswick 26 1/2 tribute cue. It has black/green/orange/natural veneers on the points and around the abalone wedge, an ivory Hoppe ring, bumperless. It also has abalone notched diamonds and dots in the points, ala the Mosconi Balabushka. Two shafts (one Juma and one Melanine) with Pooldawg8 milkduds. I took it immediately to the room I play at and shot for about three hours on both shafts. The hit is medium/stiff, not unlike my Schon. Balance is slightly foward (it has a SS 5/16x14 joint). As you can see from the pictures (which do it NO justice), the points are dead even at all points inside and out. There are no discernible glue lines anywhere...this is the tightest, best pulled off full splice I've ever seen in person. The elephant ear wrap is perfect, matches the color of the Braz perfectly and feels just right in terms of pliability and texture. The cue has excellent feedback, nice solid feel and a nice tone from the wood. Easily as good a hitting cue as I've ever tried. The action is livelier than my Schon, the cue puts a lot of English on the ball. The extended pro taper I asked Jerry to put on the shafts really juice the CB nice. I put my Gulyassy SPTX on it and it hit just as good.

Very satisfied customer here, I'll be using this as my player from here on out! I may try to get some better photos this weekend, if I'm not too busy playing it.

Attachments

• DSC04774.jpg
    DSC04774.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,313
  • MVC-147F.JPG
    MVC-147F.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,241
  • MVC-148F.JPG
    MVC-148F.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 1,229
  • MVC-149F.JPG
    MVC-149F.JPG