LTB Wrapless, full splice, ivory joint, bumperless cue

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
OK like the title says, I would like to try a new (to me) cue. All the specs must be met for me put down my Scruggs and make a purchase and play with something else.

Full splice, multiple veneers not necessary, can be fancy sneaky pete or just plain..
Ivory joint. could be flat faced or sleeved.
Wrapless; simply, no wrap of any kind.
Bumperless: not much to add here
Lightweight: 19 oz or less

Not looking for fancy with lots of inserts or fancy rings, looking for a playing cue, not something I want to hang on a wall and admire.

I am open to many makers but some of the makers I would lean to are;
Scruggs, Howard, Olney, Prewitt, Murray, Tasc, Bender, Hercek, Capone, Ed Young, Omega DPK, RC3, Mobley, Mason H.

I am not mentioning some other popular makers simply because I have never seen a cue with the specs I listed above . All the above specs have to be met for me to consider making a purchase. My price range you ask? Somewhat a wide range based on some of the makers listed above. I am not hopeful of finding a cue like this, so if someone wants to recommend a cue maker for these specs, I am open to suggestions.

The only cue I can offer in partial trade is a Kevin Varney full splice with Predator 314-2 shaft.

PM or email to zenqra@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Kidwill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Thanks for the nod justin, but mines got a leather wrap on it. It just looks like its wrap less because of how clean Ned does his wraps.

Thanks

Will

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
OK like the title says, I would like to try a new (to me) cue. All the specs must be met for me put down my Scruggs and make a purchase and play with something else.Please don't bother if only 4 of 5 items are met.

Full splice, multiple veneers not necessary, can be fancy sneaky pete or just plain..
Ivory joint. could be flat faced or sleeved.
Wrapless; simply, no wrap of any kind.
Bumperless: not much to add here
Lightweight: 19 oz or less

Not looking for fancy with lots of inserts or fancy rings, looking for a playing cue, not something I want to hang on a wall and admire.

I am open to many makers but some of the makers I would lean to are;
Scruggs, Howard, Olney, Prewitt, Murray, Tasc, Bender, Hercek, Capone, Ed Young, Omega DPK, RC3, Mobley, Mason H.

I am not mentioning some other popular makers simply because I have never seen a cue with the specs I listed above . All the above specs have to be met for me to consider making a purchase. My price range you ask? Somewhat a wide range based on some of the makers listed above. I am not hopeful of finding a cue like this, so if someone wants to recommend a cue maker for these specs, I am open to suggestions.

The only cue I can offer in partial trade is a Kevin Varney full splice with Predator 314-2 shaft.

PM or email to zenqra@yahoo.com
Hello, i kinda get u as i'm pretty specific in getting what i want and i share a love for wrapless cue like you.
U might wanna consider a Keith Josey, solid stiff hit w low deflection , wrapless , full-splice , weight according to ur choice, however u may have to work around the law regarding Ivory as Josey's may not be willing to ship them outta Savannah.

Good luck in finding what u want !

playdoubles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
try this...

... ask the member "customcue", he has several Prather blanks finished by Murrell this year. I have met him at the tournament here in Germany, that Johnny Archer has played in.

I've seen some of his cues and they are wrapless, veneered, bumperless...

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
Try a sneakie. Maybe have Bob Frey build one for you.

Tim didn't build full splice Cues. He did sneakie conversions. He did titlist conversions but he never had a set up to do that. He had the ability to and would have just needed a table saw. He didn't like the big banana you could be left with using one long piece of wood rather than 3 to build the Cue's butt.
So for sure he did not make full splice Cues. He could and new how to. Anything built like that could get away for itself he would say. The big banana.
Good luck,

Nick :)