What Is Wrong With People?

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On advice from the girlfriends boss at work we went for an evening meal at a pub in the middle of nowhere miles from where we live. What an err, entertaining night...

We get there and the first thing I notice is a couple of pool tables through the window. We ordered a few drinks and my girlfriend says do you fancy a game, so we had a quick game. Sat down at our table to order some food, had the meal, went and sat at the bar for a few drinks and hot chatting to the lovely old lady that owned the pub...i really nice evening. Then 6 big bouncer looking type guys walk in with their cases. Looked at the owner and she just said its league night. So we had a couple more drinks and these lads hadn't even got their cues out of their cases yet so we went over and started playing on one of the tables. We got half way through the game and one of them pipes up "you gunna be long on there, we've got some practice to get in". I said nah, just finish this game and its all yours. We finished the game and went back to the bar.

An hour or so passed and the other team entered the pub. The matches got under way and we could hear them all having a laugh and a bit of banter between teams. But it all changed rather quickly. All I heard was "keep your mouth shut, you little fat b*****d". I just though oh god, these guys are taking it a bit seriously aren't they! Well, all hell broke loose verbally. All I heard was shouting and swearing from about 10 different people and "touching ball" kept being said, not quite sure why. Then I just heard a glass smash and a cry of "arghhh". Some poor guy had a pint glass smashed over his head over a league match! Wtf? Well s**t hit the fan and they started fighting. At this point me and the mrs decided to bigger off and jumped in the car and headed off home.

What is wrong with people? I've never seen anything like that before over a league match! They should be ashamed of themselves.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Your suprised? Really
people shoot people over who gets in what position in 3somes
people stab family members over disagrements of opinion toward a football game or color of shirts

ever watch the news?
Sum peps just straight cray cray
plus the size of the guys your describe wouldn't suprise me of a little testosterone rage

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your suprised? Really
people shoot people over who gets in what position in 3somes
people stab family members over disagrements of opinion toward a football game or color of shirts

ever watch the news?
Sum peps just straight cray cray
plus the size of the guys your describe wouldn't suprise me of a little testosterone rage
Yes, but fortunately I'm not from America, the land of I gots me a gun, might aswel shoot somebody.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Sorry, but I fail to see the problem.

That the pub was in the middle of nowhere?

Other than that, it sounds like a typical league night. :D

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That just about perfectly fits what i think every night out in England is probably like.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, but I fail to see the problem.

That the pub was in the middle of nowhere?

Other than that, it sounds like a typical league night. :D
Lol

I just can't imagine ever getting my self in that situation over a game of pool. Think the other guy was right. Testosterone + dim wits + beer + league = s**t getting real.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, you're from the land of "let's riot and kill because my football team lost."
I suppose just as there are football hooligans there are pool hooligans. I'd just never seen any until the night in question.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On advice from the girlfriends boss at work we went for an evening meal at a pub in the middle of nowhere miles from where we live. What an err, entertaining night...

We get there and the first thing I notice is a couple of pool tables through the window. We ordered a few drinks and my girlfriend says do you fancy a game, so we had a quick game. Sat down at our table to order some food, had the meal, went and sat at the bar for a few drinks and hot chatting to the lovely old lady that owned the pub...i really nice evening. Then 6 big bouncer looking type guys walk in with their cases. Looked at the owner and she just said its league night. So we had a couple more drinks and these lads hadn't even got their cues out of their cases yet so we went over and started playing on one of the tables. We got half way through the game and one of them pipes up "you gunna be long on there, we've got some practice to get in". I said nah, just finish this game and its all yours. We finished the game and went back to the bar.

An hour or so passed and the other team entered the pub. The matches got under way and we could hear them all having a laugh and a bit of banter between teams. But it all changed rather quickly. All I heard was "keep your mouth shut, you little fat b*****d". I just though oh god, these guys are taking it a bit seriously aren't they! Well, all hell broke loose verbally. All I heard was shouting and swearing from about 10 different people and "touching ball" kept being said, not quite sure why. Then I just heard a glass smash and a cry of "arghhh". Some poor guy had a pint glass smashed over his head over a league match! Wtf? Well s**t hit the fan and they started fighting. At this point me and the mrs decided to bigger off and jumped in the car and headed off home.

What is wrong with people? I've never seen anything like that before over a league match! They should be ashamed of themselves.

Why in Grassington and other English towns are stones used to build walls and houses? In America wood and bricks are used.

Pool + alcohol = fights

OLD NO 9

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Figured Darren might be in England early for Mosconi Cup but didn't realize Lee was there too.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sadly, this is pretty common bar behavior and always has been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jodacus

Shoot...don't talk
Silver Member
Who was it that said "An armed society is a polite society."

Most of us have seen fights over pool.

Who here have seen fights break out over darts?

Tell us about it!

Joe

PS make sure it is pool related. lol