Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Kamui Black Clear Vs. Regular Kamui black..
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Kamui Black Clear Vs. Regular Kamui black..
Old
  (#1)
RoadAgent
AzB Silver Member
RoadAgent has much to be proud ofRoadAgent has much to be proud ofRoadAgent has much to be proud ofRoadAgent has much to be proud ofRoadAgent has much to be proud ofRoadAgent has much to be proud ofRoadAgent has much to be proud ofRoadAgent has much to be proud ofRoadAgent has much to be proud of

vCash: 500

Kamui Black Clear Vs. Regular Kamui black.. - 02-16-2015, 03:13 PM

I have always played with a Regular Kamui black med. Whats your opinion on the Kamui black clear? Or what tip do you feel may be better?

Old
  (#2)
cbi1000
It is what it is...
cbi1000 has a reputation beyond reputecbi1000 has a reputation beyond reputecbi1000 has a reputation beyond reputecbi1000 has a reputation beyond reputecbi1000 has a reputation beyond reputecbi1000 has a reputation beyond reputecbi1000 has a reputation beyond reputecbi1000 has a reputation beyond reputecbi1000 has a reputation beyond reputecbi1000 has a reputation beyond reputecbi1000 has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2015, 03:14 PM

Same exact tip, only difference is the clear has a clear pad. Both will play the same.

Old
  (#3)
RoadAgent
AzB Silver Member
RoadAgent has much to be proud ofRoadAgent has much to be proud ofRoadAgent has much to be proud ofRoadAgent has much to be proud ofRoadAgent has much to be proud ofRoadAgent has much to be proud ofRoadAgent has much to be proud ofRoadAgent has much to be proud ofRoadAgent has much to be proud of

02-16-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbi1000 View Post
Same exact tip, only difference is the clear has a clear pad. Both will play the same.
That's what I figured just wondering if the clear area on the glue side actually made a bit of difference... Any better tips out there?

Old
  (#4)
devorator
Ipoolmyheart@thetable
devorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond reputedevorator has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2015, 03:25 PM

Try Kamui Clear Brown M or G2 medium. You might switch for one of these...

Chris Neacsu

JBaxter 60'' Duff/Hybrid shaft
Breaktime Billiards
Zan Hybrid MAX

EMAIL ME!

Old
  (#5)
Wolven
AzB Silver Member
Wolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadAgent View Post
That's what I figured just wondering if the clear area on the glue side actually made a bit of difference... Any better tips out there?
G2's are better than Kamui, without a doubt.

I will have to try KI-Tech, hear very good things about those, same with milk duds.

A good triangle is hard to beat.

--------------------------------------------------
Playing cue: Mezz/WD700 &/or Predator/314^2

Old
  (#6)
RoadAgent
AzB Silver Member

02-16-2015, 03:28 PM

thanks guys!

Old
  (#7)
cpcntr
AzB Bronze Member
cpcntr has a reputation beyond reputecpcntr has a reputation beyond reputecpcntr has a reputation beyond reputecpcntr has a reputation beyond reputecpcntr has a reputation beyond reputecpcntr has a reputation beyond reputecpcntr has a reputation beyond reputecpcntr has a reputation beyond reputecpcntr has a reputation beyond reputecpcntr has a reputation beyond reputecpcntr has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2015, 03:40 PM

Both are crap actually.
Clear tip has been engineered by kamui for russian pyramid cues which usually don't have any ferrule and requires a fibre pads to be installed. I can't imagine any reasons to install clear tip to a pool cue with ferrule (mb only for ob1/ob2 with wood laminated ferrule), only marketing stuff to sell more tips.

Joss 04 + OB+ Pro

Old
  (#8)
HurdyGurdy
AzB Silver Member
HurdyGurdy has a reputation beyond reputeHurdyGurdy has a reputation beyond reputeHurdyGurdy has a reputation beyond reputeHurdyGurdy has a reputation beyond reputeHurdyGurdy has a reputation beyond reputeHurdyGurdy has a reputation beyond reputeHurdyGurdy has a reputation beyond reputeHurdyGurdy has a reputation beyond reputeHurdyGurdy has a reputation beyond reputeHurdyGurdy has a reputation beyond reputeHurdyGurdy has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadAgent View Post
For the price, Ultra-skins are my tip of choice.

Old
  (#9)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-16-2015, 06:30 PM

Kamui has mentioned that the Clear Pad was to Dummy Proof installations, for those of us that obviously don't know how to Prep a tip properly for an install.

A lame excuse if that is all that you are doing. Just another Marketing Ploy to try and keep your head above water in the ever changing Tip and billiard market in general.

All that is basically happening is that you are gluing a hard piece of material, on top of another piece of hard material, (your ferrule).

I haven't tried one but common sense would tell you that you won't see or feel a huge difference that will jump out at you either way.

You ferrule is 3/4" long. Now it is 25/32nds. Or 50/64ths.

They do look pretty sexy tho. I will give them that much.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Last edited by Blue Hog ridr; 02-16-2015 at 06:33 PM.

Old
  (#10)
buddha162
AzB Silver Member
buddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

02-16-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hog ridr View Post
Kamui has mentioned that the Clear Pad was to Dummy Proof installations, for those of us that obviously don't know how to Prep a tip properly for an install.

A lame excuse if that is all that you are doing. Just another Marketing Ploy to try and keep your head above water in the ever changing Tip and billiard market in general.
Trust me, people fk up an install all the time. Tips don't have to pop off to play like shit.

The marketing angle is a joke, I agree, but the pad does make the install clown-proof.

my cooking/fishing/pool youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVD...VWp8Ufw/videos

Old
  (#11)
buddha162
AzB Silver Member
buddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

02-16-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcntr View Post
Clear tip has been engineered by kamui for russian pyramid cues which usually don't have any ferrule and requires a fibre pads to be installed.
Yeah, you're spewing total nonsense.

It's to eliminate glue wicking into an improperly prepped tip, that's all. You might argue whether that's necessary, but that's exactly what it does, nothing more nothing less.

my cooking/fishing/pool youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVD...VWp8Ufw/videos

Kamui Clear Black
Old
  (#12)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Kamui Clear Black - 02-16-2015, 07:13 PM

All my cues had Kamui Black medium tips I had installed 2 years ago and today there's not a Kamui Black tip on any of my cues.........switched to Kamui Clear Black and went down in hardness from medium to soft and super soft.......only way to go with Kamui Clear Black....no glazing problem and the tips play better.....actually far better....than anything else. My Prewitt cue came with original Moori brown tips so naturally I kept those on my cue's shafts otherwise were it not for being original Moori tips, that cue would have Kamui Clear Black in a soft and super soft hardness.....don't be mislead by the anti-Kamui morons on the Forum either. Contact Shooter08 (Tom) who's the Kamui dealer I purchased all my Kamui Clear Black tips from.

Matt B.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (9-6-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon '85 Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Old
  (#13)
GaryB
AzB Silver Member
GaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2015, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafongoul View Post
All my cues had Kamui Black medium tips I had installed 2 years ago and today there's not a Kamui Black tip on any of my cues.........switched to Kamui Clear Black and went down in hardness from medium to soft and super soft.......only way to go with Kamui Clear Black....no glazing problem and the tips play better.....actually far better....than anything else. My Prewitt cue came with original Moori brown tips so naturally I kept those on my cue's shafts otherwise were it not for being original Moori tips, that cue would have Kamui Clear Black in a soft and super soft hardness.....don't be mislead by the anti-Kamui morons on the Forum either. Contact Shooter08 (Tom) who's the Kamui dealer I purchased all my Kamui Clear Black tips from.

Matt B.
My cue maker put a Kamui Clear SS on a cue of mine as he wanted me to try it out. I don't claim to be an expert but I absolutely love it. Several months and no glazing.

Old
  (#14)
scsuxci
AzB Silver Member
scsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond repute

02-18-2015, 06:56 PM

To me there is a big difference. When I play with the Clears it seems no matter
where I hit the CB it feels like middle ball. There just a truly solid hitting tip and even
more so with the clear pad.
I've played with Kamui browns as well and the Clear brown mediums hit
outstanding as well.

Old
  (#15)
Ty-Tanic
Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Ty-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond repute

02-18-2015, 07:24 PM

I have always loved the kamui tips and have only played with them and can't tell any difference between the regular and the clear tips. I just like the clear ones because of the looks. There is a big difference between the brown and the black tips tho. But if your looking to try something different go with the Ki-Tech tips.

Pechauer JP-10 cue
Pechauer Plus Lite Shaft
Kamui Black SS Tip
Kamui 1.21 Chalk

“Thus so wretched is man that he would weary even without any cause for weariness... and so frivolous is he that, though full of a thousand reasons for weariness, the least thing, such as playing billiards or hitting a ball, is sufficient enough to amuse him.” Mr. Blaise Pascal

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: