Runde 14 cocobolo and maple 4 point / 4 veneer

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Runde 14 cocobolo and maple 4 point / 4 veneer - $850

Recently picked this up and it's a really fantastic cue, plays great and has a great feel. Only reason I'm selling is that I just do not get along with a leather wrap it turns out, and it's a touch on the light side for my taste. Thankfully I have a slightly heavier linen wrapped Runde on order :)

Butt is 14.65oz, cocobolo into birdseye, leather wrap, 5/16x14 joint, 4 point/4 veneer (natural, blue, orange, black). Does have one tiny finish nick in the butt sleeve, shown in the last photo. Dead straight!

Shaft 1 - 4oz, 12.92mm, Wizard tip, unsure of ferrule material (I think they're micarta), light play, dead straight both on and off the butt.

Shaft 2 - 3.95oz, 12.98mm, Wizard tip, unsure of ferrule material, unplayed. Has very slight taper roll by itself and has a bit of a wobble on the butt. Needs a joint facing and then I think it'll be a good fitting shaft. ***Update - shaft 2 has now been fixed, I just had the joint faced by Schon and it's a perfect fit and rolls great on the butt now, still has slight taper roll, but otherwise is good to go!***

Balance Point - 19.5-19.6"

Take a look at the pictures, it's really a beautiful cue and I sort of hate to let it go but I really need a linen wrap to be comfortable at the table and I'm not one to collect cues.

SOLD

No trades unless you have a similar Runde with a linen wrap. Will ship very securely in a spare beater case (has small hole in top, so not something you can use, but great for safe shipping)

8c957562-8025-41ba-ac8d-1ac70d89130f.jpg

Forearm.jpg

Veneers.jpg

Joint.jpg

ShaftJoint.jpg

Tips.jpg

Hoppe.jpg

This one shows the tiny little finish ding in the butt sleeve-
Ding.jpg

Last edited:

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Giving serious thought to keeping this and trying to adapt to the leather wrap...it just hits so nice....but I'll bump it up for now. Would love a Runde with linen wrap if anybody has one!

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Bumping this back up now that the second shaft has been fixed and is ready to go (see description).

The Captain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say KEEP THE STICK!!!! You love it, love the look, love the way it plays.... That's hard to come by. Have a reputable cuemaker such as Erwin, Putnam, etc... change the wrap for you. Its fairly inexpensive to change and put a nice linen wrap on. Any color you'd lilke

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
wrap called textured wrap with Scott Erwin

I agree with " The Captain " as I sent my 2014 Runde down to Scott Erwin and had him put on a black textured wrap. I love the cue now. Sorry I don't have a good photo of how the cue looks with the wrap. Sorry for sending several photo's.
The last photo is shown with the Erwin black textured wrap as he calls it.

I removed the photo's I posted, if you want me to send them to you, please let me know.
Since this is your post, I didn't want to leave them there.
Chuck

Last edited: