Stans latest videos

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
This is a pretty big deal IMHO. For the first time we have been given a perspective to look for when down on the shot. If you don't land perfectly when moving into CCB (manual CTE), you can look at this perspective and tweak to the perfect alignment. Then pivot and shoot as usual. I wish I knew about this a long time ago! CTE knowledge is always evolving, Stan has not slowed up his study.

Timothy Rose

Silver Member
This is a pretty big deal IMHO. For the first time we have been given a perspective to look for when down on the shot. If you don't land perfectly when moving into CCB (manual CTE), you can look at this perspective and tweak to the perfect alignment. Then pivot and shoot as usual. I wish I knew about this a long time ago! CTE knowledge is always evolving, Stan has not slowed up his study.

will have a look at the video and check back then...

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyCSgUtLKdk

I am undecided on whether to like the vid or not ...need to give it some thought and figure out if this a step back.

It took me a bit to think it through. Think of this. Use manual CTE. Line up a 30 degree perception (B) inside. You know the first step, moving cue straight in on the left or right side of CCB by 1/2 tip. Once you are there with head directly down the cue shaft, shift your eyes over top of CCB from there. The CTEL perception should be on the edge of the OB. If its not perfect, tweak it by rotating around the CB slightly (keeping your head directed down the cue.) Then proceed to pivot to CCB and shoot. You will be looking at an angled cue at this point, which is correct. Trust it and shoot it, straight stroke. 15 degree perceptions work the same, except the CTEL is one tick outside of the OB quarter. Watch that first video a couple times.

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It took me a bit to think it through. Think of this. Use manual CTE. Line up a 30 degree perception (B) inside. You know the first step, moving cue straight in on the left or right side of CCB by 1/2 tip. Once you are there with head directly down the cue shaft, shift your eyes over top of CCB from there. The CTEL perception should be on the edge of the OB. If its not perfect, tweak it by rotating around the CB slightly (keeping your head directed down the cue.) Then proceed to pivot to CCB and shoot. You will be looking at an angled cue at this point, which is correct. Trust it and shoot it, straight stroke. 15 degree perceptions work the same, except the CTEL is one tick outside of the OB quarter. Watch that first video a couple times.

I wonder how it works with the 45 degree perception which is a single line perception.

Have you tried that?

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member

Hi Mohrt,
I viewed Stan's you tube video a few days ago and I was wondering "how do you know if you have to tweek or not" as this is done standing up before you go down on the shot.
Reading your post made good sense as what to do and has answered a couple of questions I had regarding 'tweaking".So many thanks for that.
Also Stan has done an awesome job with his Youtube support videos which are available to anyone for free. What a champion. :smile:
Cheers

Last edited:

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
Ok,
I've been playing around with Stan's "tweaking" technique and it's a definite win.
Upon reviewing Stan's tweaking video I now understand what he's doing.
Stan's adjusting his visuals slightly while he's down on the shot.
From the time I was on the table playing around with this technique I'd have to say that this is a devastating technique.
Cheers :smile:

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
I wonder how it works with the 45 degree perception which is a single line perception.

Have you tried that?

Yes. The one liners require a slight head shift so you can sight down the edge of the ball parallel to CTEL.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
Ok,

I've been playing around with Stan's "tweaking" technique and it's a definite win.

Upon reviewing Stan's tweaking video I now understand what he's doing.

Stan's adjusting his visuals slightly while he's down on the shot.

From the time I was on the table playing around with this technique I'd have to say that this is a devastating technique.

Cheers :smile:

That's what I thought. Most shots I'm spot on, but now I can be lazier at ball address and dial it in at full stance. :)

oldmanatc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been pivoting my whole body similar to traditional BHE and sighting down the cue for manual pivots. For pro1 i find it to be natural movements to drop into or sweep into position, but once again I am sighting down the cue. I realize this is wrong I guess I'm going to have to retrain myself to do it the correct way.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
It isn't wrong for pro one. This full circle stuff takes us back to manual basics.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It isn't wrong for pro one. This full circle stuff takes us back to manual basics.

Agreed, but I do not believe Pro One to be for beginners. Can they do it? Sure, but not with much success. I would be a testament to that and it was more so on my inside pivots then outside.

I believe every new CTE user should start with manual to get the visuals, approach, pivoting and stance down. It is after doing that and doing it over and over and over again that you can move into doing the visuals and then combine the approach and pivot as one while you get into the stance.

oldmanatc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am still new to CTE. My shot making has improved pretty dramatically even using pro1. I surprise myself quite a bit with some if the shots im making. I start a new session of league on Monday and plan on just pivoting for all my shots. I still have a long way to go with practice before i start using pro1 for anything competitive.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
I used manual pivots for over a year before moving onto pro one. Nothing wrong with that. Pro one sweeps can be used either for moving directly to the visuals or the 1/2 tip pre pivot.

hboat333

Registered
I really like CTE. I don't really 'get' sweeps so I always pivot. And from day one I've pretty much 'tweaked' or even found the visuals when I was down on my shot. Maybe not the best for fundamentals, but it is the way it made sense to me....

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
I really like CTE. I don't really 'get' sweeps so I always pivot. And from day one I've pretty much 'tweaked' or even found the visuals when I was down on my shot. Maybe not the best for fundamentals, but it is the way it made sense to me....

I had some trouble with them early on, until I understood one thing that helped. Here is what it was for me.

When you are standing behind the CB on the visual, imagine a string from CCB to your nose. This is the CCB line. Now depending on if you are doing a left or right pivot, you are going to end up laying your cue down next to (parallel to) that line offset by 1/2 tip. That is the important part. Now that you know exactly where the cue is going, it is just a matter of getting it there. Beginners are taught to move the cue straight in along that line. However it is more natural to just bring the cue in from the side and put it there. So a sweep is basically moving your body and cue appropriately to place the cue on that offset. If you are right handed, a right pivot will be essentially bending over. A left sweep will require a slight turn of the shoulder. I also start out with my body off to the left further on a left sweep so I'll be out of the way for the pivot.

Pro One is sweeping to the post-pivot position. That position is easy to get to once you know the pre pivot position. Either one can be done: sweep to pre pivot or sweep to post pivot. I like pre pivot so I can check the visuals at full stance.

Last edited: