FS: New Old Stock Raschig Pool Balls

stroke_it

Registered
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
New in box, full 16 ball set of vintage Raschig pool balls from West Germany. Mint, never used.

$550 shipped CONUS or Canada.

Raschig.jpg

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I know that these are very respected and sought after balls. However, I have searched and cannot find any information as to why they are so good. I may have interest be can you please advise what are the advantages of these balls?

Thanks in advance. I look forward to learning.

Sincerely,
Phil

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Phil.....I always heard the tolerances were the tightest....but funny thing is no one could tell me just how much better the tolerances were.......just that supposedly Raschig was the most exacting when it comes to production.........hope you learn something because like you, I've heard Raschig was the best but never quite understood why.

Matt B.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Thanks for the link.....interesting explanation.

"These Balls Are Lighter Than The Cellulose Equivalent And Have Superb Coloring And A More Translucent Appearance, 5.6 ozs compared to 6.0 ozs from Aramiths, and they are a tad smaller, 57mm, compared to 57.15mm. This made them play a little different."

WPA rules specify that the pool ball can vary in size from the standard of 2 1/4" up to .005" or .127mm and the weight variation can be as much as a 1/2 ounce ( 5 1/2 ozs - 6 ozs.) . There were other differences noted in the description but overall, it sounds like this might be the golden fleece for pool ball brands.......just sayin'.

Matt B.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
I have the below Raschig 9b set (not for sale) and can attest they play magnificently.

The NOS full set for sale in this thread is a rare find, indeed.

best,
brian kc

Attachments

• Rachig-balls.jpg
    Rachig-balls.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 736

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I know the color sequence (numbers) of pool balls after playing the game for 55 years.
This is a gorgeous set and I've heard nothing but great things about Raschig.

Matt B.

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Open to offers on these balls. I'm also willing to ship these before payment to members with good itrader and rep.

Don't do that.
Use pay pal and protect yourself and the buyer.
There have been a number of horror stories on here from people that have done that.