RIP - John Robinson

Birk1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AZB Community

I just heard today that John Robinson (the cuemaker we all know from Playing off the Rail) passed away yesterday.

http://www.robinsoncues.com/index.html

He was an amazing artist and built a legacy of craftsmanship and honesty around the industry. I true loss to all of us has occurred.

please keep his family in your prayers

Ryan

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AZB Community

I just heard today that John Robinson (the cuemaker we all know from Playing off the Rail) passed away yesterday.

http://www.robinsoncues.com/index.html

He was an amazing artist and built a legacy of craftsmanship and honesty around the industry. I true loss to all of us has occurred.

please keep his family in your prayers

Ryan

So sorry for the loss to his family and loved ones. May he RIP.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad news. Met John in the sixties when he first started making cues. Real nice guy.

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
That's sad to hear. My condolences go out to his family. I had the opportunity
to shoot one of his cues when we had it in stock at the pro shop I worked for.
John's cues offered a solid hit with his unique joint design. And he offered unique designs with his cues. With his inlays in stainless steel joints, his cues
were easily identified across the pool room just as easily as Ginacues & Tad cues. I never could afford to add his cue to my collection but I would still
love to have a Robinson cue sometime. Someday....

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never had the privilege or pleasure of knowing John.

May he pass thru the gates of paradise an hour before the devil notices he's gone and be remembered
fondly by all whom knew him and admired by everyone for his cue-making as well.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is very sad news. I have known John and sold his cues since the early 90's. We would talk on the phone about 4 times a year, but only met once in person at his home while passing through AZ, but we haven't talked since 2008. He was a very nice and talented man that will be missed.

In September of 2015 I saw his nephew, Lenny, and we talked about John. Dang things happen quickly. Sorry Lenny!

My sincere condolences to John's family and friends. RIP John! A very unique cue maker.

Dave

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I know a few owners of Robinson cues who will remember John with every shot they make. He leaves behind a great reputation and a lot of proud owners of his cues.

Jdale

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Met John in the early sixties, when he was living in Hayward.
He layed carpet in the daytime and was making cues at night.
John made 3 cues for me back then.
RIP John

Dale