Alex challenges anyone to 100k match?

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
I don't have facebook but have been told that Christopher Clark announced on facebook that Alex will play anyone race to 100 9 ball on the spot for 100k. Can anyone confirm?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Alex confirms.....

image.jpeg

mattkenefick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's start a GoFundMe page to raise $100,000 and raffle off the position to one of the funders

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Major Breaking News from Face Bro.....

Alex Pagulayan has just personally asked me to post this challenge here .

Alex will play " ANY PLAYER IN THE WORLD " a race to 100 Nine Ball , Nine on the spot for 100k USD

Updated revision , in order to attract more attention and players Alex is willing to play a home and home 50k each but 100k must be posted

I'm thinking there must be some millionaire that wants to bring Wu to the table

Lets spread the word , please pm me with serious enquiries and offers only ty .

I'd like to add Alex is one of the most humble human beings on the planet , obviously Alex is running good as of late and feels great about his game and we all know he loves action and is a tremendous ambassador to the sport .

How about you Shane VanBoening ?

Group who has the best chance to beat Alex ?

Alan Sword John Mars Jayson Shaw Sky Woodward

Manny Stamatakis Christopher C Wilson Joanne Ashton Monte Thayer E.j. Glode Ozzy Reynolds Shane Sinnott Ed Liddawi Mika Immonen John White

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He could win, but I think he would be an underdog against SVB, Orcullo, and probably Wu and Ko Pin Yi.

He would of course be favored against anybody in one pocket though

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Umm.. I don't know about the US, but 9 on the spot is the standard...
World Championship, EuroTour, US Open, World Pool Masters, World Cup of Pool, Mosconi Cup, China Open ect ALL events is 9 on the spot. Honestly, I don't know why you are all surprised...

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Major Breaking News from Face Bro.....

Alex Pagulayan has just personally asked me to post this challenge here .

Alex will play " ANY PLAYER IN THE WORLD " a race to 100 Nine Ball , Nine on the spot for 100k USD

Updated revision , in order to attract more attention and players Alex is willing to play a home and home 50k each but 100k must be posted

I'm thinking there must be some millionaire that wants to bring Wu to the table

Lets spread the word , please pm me with serious enquiries and offers only ty .

I'd like to add Alex is one of the most humble human beings on the planet , obviously Alex is running good as of late and feels great about his game and we all know he loves action and is a tremendous ambassador to the sport .

How about you Shane VanBoening ?

Group who has the best chance to beat Alex ?

Alan Sword John Mars Jayson Shaw Sky Woodward

Manny Stamatakis Christopher C Wilson Joanne Ashton Monte Thayer E.j. Glode Ozzy Reynolds Shane Sinnott Ed Liddawi Mika Immonen John White
The color of money match betwwen earl and efren is by far the best match I have watched. The money on the line is a big part of that but also the players involved and watching how well they play when they have time to get fully in stroke.

I hope this happens and can't wait to find out who he will be playing.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
So what is Alex 's angle with the 9 on the spot? More tactical games?

Nullify break advantages.

If Alex is playing a lot and shooting well the break is the only thing that makes him an underdog. His TAR losses to SVB were due Alex having an inconsistent break and SVB packaging him to death. Alex ran balls better, played better tactical games, kicked better, but SVB hammered him with packages while Alex could simply not keep control of the table due to dry breaks.

I live Wu's game but a dead serious Alex in a huge high pressure money match? I am not sure I wanna bet against that... actually I know I don't.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Nullify break advantages.

If Alex is playing a lot and shooting well the break is the only thing that makes him an underdog. His TAR losses to SVB were due Alex having an inconsistent break and SVB packaging him to death. Alex ran balls better, played better tactical games, kicked better, but SVB hammered him with packages while Alex could simply not keep control of the table due to dry breaks.

I live Wu's game but a dead serious Alex in a huge high pressure money match? I am not sure I wanna bet against that... actually I know I don't.

I agree. I don't think anybody will play him that way, at least not at 9 ball for 100K. People betting that large want to feel like they have some advantage. Nobody has to like playing Alex a long race at 9 ball and certainly not with the 9 on the spot.

In 10 ball there would be several who would step up. It's also possible Alex has figured out the break with the 9 on the spot. Maybe there is a repeatable wired rack ball if you hit it a certain way or he can make the 1 ball in the side on a soft break. They would probably need to have a "no soft break" rule.

Last edited:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He would have to have a backer, right? It is very unlikely that pool players have $100k laying around or in the bank

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9 on spot is common and the standard these days in majors
They say Shane is the Master of the Long Race and "unbeatable" and willl take on anyone
So obviously , Shane has to be first up v Alex
It will be Horse v Lion
And I will not be surprised if someone is "lionfcuked" in the process :grin-square::grin-square: