A problem solved...thanks Jacoby!

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For a while now I've had almost my ideal playing setup. Couple years ago I picked up a Gilbert jump/break that I love and is great for breaking and long jump shots. A year ago I got my perfect playing cue in my custom ordered Runde. And after a long search I finally found a Chuck Fields case available. Almost perfect!!

Only thing missing was a dedicated jump cue. I had a Jacoby once that was unmatched for short and tight jump shots. Have tried a lot and never found one I like better for tight jumps. But my Fields case has two small pockets so no room for a jump butt. Today, while visiting Jacoby cues I asked if they could add a second joint to a jump butt for me. Not only could they, but they did it same day for me while I was there!!

So happy to have a true jump cue that fits in my case. Now my set is 100% complete!

(They did suggest rings would help prevent chipping, but it would take longer and I couldn't have had it today. I don't mind a little chipping over time on a jump butt so I went without).

0D78964F-58DD-4FDA-A28E-EF816D6CFD54.jpg

517327D2-D86F-4064-90B6-7114568C4A91.jpg

RCLane

Cue Buyer Of What I Like
Silver Member
Those Guys Are Probably The Most Professional And Thoughtful Cue Builders, I Have Ever Dealt With. Plus, The Quality I Can Always Expect It. Because I Have Always Gotten Great Quality Products & No I Am Not A Dealer.....I Just Believe The World Should Know Great People And Great Work When It Is.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those Guys Are Probably The Most Professional And Thoughtful Cue Builders, I Have Ever Dealt With. Plus, The Quality I Can Always Expect It. Because I Have Always Gotten Great Quality Products & No I Am Not A Dealer.....I Just Believe The World Should Know Great People And Great Work When It Is.

Agreed! They make a great playing cue and do so with true professionalism. I have had a playing cue from them as well and it was great. My friend has two and uses one as his main cue. We go up there at least once a year to check things out and always have a great time visiting the shop/showroom and playing on their old 10' table.

RCLane

Cue Buyer Of What I Like
Silver Member
Agreed! They make a great playing cue and do so with true professionalism. I have had a playing cue from them as well and it was great. My friend has two and uses one as his main cue. We go up there at least once a year to check things out and always have a great time visiting the shop/showroom and playing on their old 10' table.
Exactly, I have only called them on the phone. However, they're so nice. They will be very patient and will try to help in almost anyway they possible can. I always love my Jacoby Cues. Because they build quality and they do it consistently. I love their products. I've owned over a Dozen Cues & Jump Cus Combined and now I am done to 3. Because of my health I can no longer play. My Friend/Brother we go back 20 years he was with me when i bought this Jacoby With Malachite and Mother of Pearl....he is buying because I've owned about 15 years and I need the money for medical bills. However, I know i can trist him to take care of it and to always keep it.
9fc5be1681278e1d6e2192108db234fe.jpg
44c2b22523716cf85239930d51d49fea.jpg
7b7d9535e61d0c3da5e1419f160e0b3d.jpg
b8ce73645fb246b02c5813c8b9610151.jpg
bdae9a5f82abd04622a71f5330b408e7.jpg
2406aa9bf9d1105b562780e5e39d15b2.jpg

Cue on the left is the Jacoby. I've never seen another one. With these Materials used in it. Like this one.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a good looking cue, I love green in cues! My Runde has green veneers and this Jacoby jump is green stained even though it looks black in these pics.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone tried their break cue?
I think it's called Edge, but I'm not sure.

RCLane

Cue Buyer Of What I Like
Silver Member
That's a good looking cue, I love green in cues! My Runde has green veneers and this Jacoby jump is green stained even though it looks black in these pics.
I like that cue...its neat

RCLane

Cue Buyer Of What I Like
Silver Member
I haven't. Although, I have not heard any bad about them...Have you searched the threads here about that type of cue.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Actually broke with an Edge for the first time while at their shop today. It's interesting, the butt has a "barrel taper" so it's really fat in the handle section. Breaks great though, very solid hit, it's stiff and feels like there isn't any wasted energy.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually broke with an Edge for the first time while at their shop today. It's interesting, the butt has a "barrel taper" so it's really fat in the handle section. Breaks great though, very solid hit, it's stiff and feels like there isn't any wasted energy.

Thanks for that.
I've heard good things but have never tried one.