TIP CLIPZ - Product Review - KEEP YOUR CASE CLEAN

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
We sent out about a dozen "test" packages to see how folks like TIP CLIPZ by Magic Chalk. Should have gotten them by last Saturday.

Each TIP CLIPZ is specially designed and the TIP CLIP will NOT fall off in your case. They have a patented "clip" that grabs on to the ferrule without scratching it.

The benefits of TIP CLIPZ;

1. Keep your case clean
2. Keep your cues clean
3. Stop wiping chalk on your case towel or carpeting
4. Prevent tips from drying out when shafts are in storage

So, please POST your reviews in this thread so we can see them all, and prevent a dozen separate threads on the same topic.

Attachments

• TipSavers04.jpg
    TipSavers04.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,516
Last edited:

DCS_SF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Magi Chalk Tip Clipz Review

I received these to try out today from ChicagoRJ, and I actually get excited about little gadgets like this. They come in two sizes, 12.7mm-14mm, and under 12.7mm. They are advertised with the benefits of:
No more chalk in your case
No more wiping your tip on the carpet (I'll add your towel to that)
No more additional scuffing/wear.

Pf1gNtol.jpg

You can see above the smaller size has a rubber shim to make it fit smaller diameter cues.

idUqDl3l.jpg

From top to bottom: 12.5mm, 13mm, 14mm. You can see the shim sticks out a bit on the top 12.5mm cue. In my JB rugged case this is not an issue, but I could see them getting caught on different or very full cases. With how well they grip I'm pretty confident you'd be hard pressed to pull them off in the shaft removal process though.

They fit very snugly with the largest 14mm cue being the most difficult to add and remove. This may become a little better over time. IMHO they fit appropriately snug, and I don't have a complaint because fitting tightly is better than falling off in the case.

NOTE: I would even say that the larger size without the shim will work just fine for a 12.5mm shaft. I tried it out and it fit well, any smaller though and I would go with the shimmed version. I will be using the shimmed version on my 12.5mm shafts though but if I were to get some more, I likely will get the larger size.

4T5rElJl.jpg

Using them without wiping the chalk (which is why I wanted them) shows they may need easy cleaning from time to time. I don't think this will be a huge problem though long term. I was fully chalking before adding and removing them several times in this picture.

I do have some concerns about buildup marring the ferrule but I will have to wait and see how they perform after more use. I will update if this does become an issue, but I suspect it should be fine.

Xq9Aa6Vl.jpg

Here you can see why one might want these.
The chalk may rub off on the case when inserting shafts even after wiping them down. The edges of my brown case get a bit dingy. I imagine the bottom of the case is even worse. These should prevent anymore of this!

icK13Eil.jpg

They fit snugly and I have zero concern for them coming off in the case when removing my shafts as they are on there very well.

These are great for long term care of your cues and case. Nice product if you are perhaps a bit OCD and/or simply want to take care of your cues and your case!

Thanks for letting me try them out ChicagoRJ, good stuff. :thumbup:

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Thanks for the review DCS :grin: As some folks might notice, the name is not the same on the packages I sent you. TIP CLIPZ was not the original name, went through two others before coming up with TIP CLIPZ.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, I never get chalk down inside my case linings. I put my shafts in the case with the joint downward and the tips pointing upward.

I guess it is like toilet paper rolls in the bathroom. Some like it hanging over the roll and some like it under the roll.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, I never get chalk down inside my case linings. I put my shafts in the case with the joint downward and the tips pointing upward.

I guess it is like toilet paper rolls in the bathroom. Some like it hanging over the roll and some like it under the roll.

My shafts only go in tip side down.

DCS_SF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have done both. With tips up you still get chalk on the inside of the case. I also like tips down because I can identify the shafts by the joint protectors, and also I worry that will carelessly ding the tops of shafts with a butt. Still possible tips down but it won't be where I will feel it as much.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
My shafts only go in tip side down.

I"m with you. I like to know what shaft is which, and just easier to put a away. Plus, for those that do "joint down" first, wouldn't it be nice to grab your cue without a handful of chalk ;)

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rec'd my set of tip clipz yesterday in the same packaging as posted above.

It's a very simple product to use and since I have been accused a few times of ocd-like behavior, these might be just the thing for me. I appreciate not getting chalk inside my case.

I tried them on 2 shafts, one 12.75 and the other about 13mm and they slid on snug and made me feel like I def would not be having to turn my case upside down to retrieve them due to falling off the shafts. These should stay put, nicely.

Overall, I think they are a good idea for those who like to keep things clean. It is a convenient product.

The funniest ever back to back episodes of Samm Diep's "What's In The Case" that I watched featured Efren then Ralf Souquet. What a hilarious study in contrasts these two legends are.

I'll post the links so you guys can enjoy, Efren the absolute minimalist, a beat down piece of chalk, a scuffer, and airline Fragile sticker stuck directly onto his gorgeous Justis case. :eek:

Then Ralf, with everything imaginable for pool and just perfect, even sanitary toilet seat covers for the hotels. And, yes, he even had tip covers iirc, his Dad made them for him. :wink:

I will give RJ's tip clipz a thumbs up. :thumbup:

here's the links:

Efren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkzOLqtcUjM

Ralf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42yd7Q4hu_w

best,
brian kc

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't like them, can't get any draw and I keep miscueing. They don't hold chalk very well either. :)

Reactions: KRJ

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got mine a few days ago, I was able to clean noticeable chalk stains in my case so I can give this item a fair shake.

For some odd reason my tip always make contact with the upper part of the tube/cloth when I put my shaft away.
The
Right off the bat I placed the tip clipz over the tip and still dragged it across the floor! Thinking I was just wiping the chalk off the tip.

After a few days went by of regular playing I have noticed that the normal area's that catch the chalk no longer have chalk marks where they would normally be.

Double thumbs up !! I also got some Magic chalk (unexpected) the only other chalk I ever used was masters and predator, i like this chalk a whole lot better.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
I"m with you. I like to know what shaft is which, and just easier to put a away. Plus, for those that do "joint down" first, wouldn't it be nice to grab your cue without a handful of chalk ;)

A hand full of chalk? How much chalk are you using?

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got mine earlier this week and hadn't had a chance to "take them out" until last night. My thought so far is it's a great, simple idea that seems to work in my limited usage. Here are my thoughts.
No binding going in or coming out of my InStroke 2x4 tips down.
They go on easy and come off easy but are tight enough that I don't believe they'll ever come off in your case. Certainly won't damage your ferrule no matter what the material because they're pretty soft.
I could see them maybe gathering a little chalk inside the clip after a while (maybe) but I would think all you'd have to do is tap them out on something or wipe out with a damp cloth.
I just put mine in my pants pocket last night while playing, otherwise I'm certain if I set them down I'd have forgotten them. At least until I get use to putting them on before putting the cue away.
I like the idea and think you will see them catching on. Never liked the thought of grinding my tip on the grungy bar room carpet to clean it off, so these should work for me.
Thanks for the nice addition of the Magic Chalk cubes. Haven't tried it yet but I have "pre-flag" and newer Master to do a head to head with in the coming days.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Just got mine earlier this week and hadn't had a chance to "take them out" until last night. My thought so far is it's a great, simple idea that seems to work in my limited usage. Here are my thoughts.
No binding going in or coming out of my InStroke 2x4 tips down.
They go on easy and come off easy but are tight enough that I don't believe they'll ever come off in your case. Certainly won't damage your ferrule no matter what the material because they're pretty soft.
I could see them maybe gathering a little chalk inside the clip after a while (maybe) but I would think all you'd have to do is tap them out on something or wipe out with a damp cloth.
I just put mine in my pants pocket last night while playing, otherwise I'm certain if I set them down I'd have forgotten them. At least until I get use to putting them on before putting the cue away.
I like the idea and think you will see them catching on. Never liked the thought of grinding my tip on the grungy bar room carpet to clean it off, so these should work for me.
Thanks for the nice addition of the Magic Chalk cubes. Haven't tried it yet but I have "pre-flag" and newer Master to do a head to head with in the coming days.

Thanks for the review. I put the clips next to my cue holder, so I won't forget them. Or if I'm not using my cue holder, I just throw them in an empty box of chalk ;)

The MC was just a gift for taking the time to do this, enjoy. No need to review the chalk on here, don't want this to turn into "chalk wars" again ;)

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the review. I put the clips next to my cue holder, so I won't forget them. Or if I'm not using my cue holder, I just throw them in an empty box of chalk ;)

The MC was just a gift for taking the time to do this, enjoy. No need to review the chalk on here, don't want this to turn into "chalk wars" again ;)

Yup, well aware of the chalk threads, just was going to be my own comparison:smile:

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been reading on the forum about these Tip Clipz but I've only seen external photos. Are you too proprietary at this point for internal pictures?
Apparently they have some sort of clip at the ferrule to keep them from falling off easily; what about a shaft without a ferrule (Revo), do you see any issues or same regardless? If I knew more about the internal view it could be self explanatory but I understand if that isn't prudent.

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RJ was kind enough to send me a package of tip clips to try out.

They fit well and will not fall off in your case.I tend to wipe off my tips with a paper towel after wiping off my shafts. I do not use the rooms carpet as I find that practice disrespectful.

They will certainly help keep my case cleaner.

A simple idea,but very well executed.

I intend to purchase more when available.

The included chalk was a very nice touch. I have been using it for awhile and love it.

Many thanks RJ

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got hands on mine tonight, I think it was hidden behind another package in the mail area and I missed it until now so apologies for the delay.

Looking forward to giving them a try but even just test fitting them they slide on easy and hold firm! No worries about them coming off I'd say, which is nice! Will update after this weekend when I can run them through a few trips to the tables.

Thanks for the chalk too, new wrapper looks nice!