Bob Owen - Classic Bushka Style Beauty

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi all,

Up for sale is a gorgeous Bushka style cue by Bob Owen. I purchased this cue from deanoc and he said that the green material in the butt sleeve is actually from George Balabushka's old personal stock. It hits beautifully (like all of Bob's cues) and the craftsmanship is top notch.

It's hard to see this one go, but other ventures need to be funded.

Butt: 15.38 oz
Shaft 1: 4.48 oz
Shaft 2: 4.23 oz

Shaft 1 is new and un-hit, though there is a little chalk dust on the tip from the bottom of my case.
Shaft 2 was played with for about a dozen racks, then was re-tipped, cleaned and polished by Eddie Cohen. It is in like-new condition.

SOLD

Bob Owen-1.jpg

Bob Owen-2.jpg

Bob Owen-3.jpg

Bob Owen-4.jpg

Bob Owen-5.jpg

Cheers,

Mike

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
I had someone on Az give me the green acrylic that
he believed was from George

I was so excited that I sent it to bob owen

what you see needs no semantic embellishment

Bob is great and his cues are great and this one is one of
my favorites

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 95.5%
21   1   0
Great cue

Beautiful cue, I have a very similar one from him in mother of pearl.

Last edited:

jack 195

Banned
Rating - 25%
1   3   0
That's a nice cue.
3rd photo down, see the smooth bevel where forearm base meets with the string,
Gus Szambotti did it exactly the same way.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
Aw mickey ,it's not the price

Its just until the right guy sees it

That cue is a Jim Dandy A#1 delux

The perfect wrap,the perfect straight grain maple, Balabushkas own green acrylic
that everyone loves so much ,and mother of pearl inlays

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Amazed this is still here. Best looking cue for sale at the moment....well, except for the big B Szamboti that was posted....but yeah, good company there! If I had any good reason to pick up a new cue I’d be all over this one.

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Amazed this is still here. Best looking cue for sale at the moment....well, except for the big B Szamboti that was posted....but yeah, good company there! If I had any good reason to pick up a new cue I’d be all over this one.

C'mon Slide... Just sell a couple putters right quick and this beauty will be on its way to you in no time! ;)

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Another price drop...

Surprised there isn't more action on this one. It ticks a lot of the boxes that people usually like around here. The ferrules are the good stuff, too.

Please don't make me set up a Facebook account just to post this for sale over there... and it would just be a shame to move it to eBay. I've resisted social media for this long. Take a modern classic off of this curmudgeons hands. You won't be disappointed.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
C'mon Slide... Just sell a couple putters right quick and this beauty will be on its way to you in no time! ;)

Ha, I wish! My extra DH89 has my initials on it. I do have an XF 23 f/2 I need to sell, but that doesn’t get me very far.

Still...this cue is stunning and priced really nice! Someone needs to snag it and play the crap out of it.

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Beauty

Hi Mikey

That's one beauty of a cue. The rings add a lot.

I just got another Owen from Dean with the same vibrant green veneers.

It wasn't until Bob informed me that the shafts are his LD shafts, that I realized they weren't standard maple shafts. They play just like my 314-2 shaft; which I really like.

Just mentioning because you may also have Bob's LD shafts.

Anyway

Great looking cue.

GLWS

Dave

PS: Slide-I'm sure you're still enjoying that case-I miss it mucho!