WTB: Airport-friendly cue case holder...

jdelcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know...those pouches that you can store your entire 2x4 cue case in and is supposed to be airport-friendly or somethin' like that? I'm flying out to DCC tomorrow from Ft. Lauderdale and need one of these early morning before I head out at around noon! Otherwise, my case is gonna get all messed up....

Anyone know if they sell them at the airport, by any chance? Or of any place between Miami and Fort Lauderdale that sells them? Or maybe there's someone in this area who wants to sell me one? Or does anyone have a good idea for a makeshift substitute (i'll be visiting a UPS Store to send out my sold Andy Gilbert J/B tomorrow morning, too)? Lol.

Thanks in advance!!
 
I travel a couple hundred days a year, the best option I have found which saves money and allows you to pack clothes. I bought a Easton bat bag, my cue case fits in the zipper pouch area on the bottom of the bag (where the baseball bats usually go) and I can still pack clothes in it in the upper portion. The bag is made of a heavy nylon/canvas and protects my case very well plus it is easy access. They cost about 35 dollars. I have tried many bags and this works the best for me. If you want to spend alot of money $300 or more you can buy a Longoni hard case which has a canvas cover to it.
 
YEAH! Porper travel cases...
But where can I get one in such short notice??? It's gotta be a store between Miami and Fort Lauderdale... :(
 
OH! Bat bag!! That's an option...
I could find those a lot easier around here...

What kind of cue case do you use and put in there?
 
Use the bat bag and go to Wal Mart or Target and get some bubble wrap
to qrap the case. Just a little added assurance in case your bag gets knocked off the conveyor belt. You won't believe how hard the bags get hit down there in baggage handling.
 
jdelcue@emory.e said:
OH! Bat bag!! That's an option...
I could find those a lot easier around here...

What kind of cue case do you use and put in there?
I have a Talisman 2 X 4 which is bigger than a standard Porper 2 x 4 and it fits perfectly. Unless you have an unusally large cue case the bat bag works perfect.
 
Great idea...

AZ9BALLER said:
I travel a couple hundred days a year, the best option I have found which saves money and allows you to pack clothes. I bought a Easton bat bag, my cue case fits in the zipper pouch area on the bottom of the bag (where the baseball bats usually go) and I can still pack clothes in it in the upper portion. The bag is made of a heavy nylon/canvas and protects my case very well plus it is easy access. They cost about 35 dollars. I have tried many bags and this works the best for me. If you want to spend alot of money $300 or more you can buy a Longoni hard case which has a canvas cover to it.

Darn, I played softball for almost 25 years and had several of these bags over that time. I would never have thought of it for this purpose, but that is a super idea, and it is perfect for what you describe. And to think I went out and bought heavy metal ATA cases. And I thought you got smarter as you got older!!:rolleyes:
Joe
 
Back
Top