Diamond Pro - black marks on balls

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since owning my table, I'm constantly picking up black smudges on the balls. I can only assume it's somehow :confused: resulting from contact with the leather pocket backs as the balls enter the pockets. If this is the culprit, is there any way to eliminate?

Hal2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black marks on balls

I had the same issue with my new Diamond Pro table. The diamond guy said it was the die of the black leather coming off and he did not know how to stop it.
Then I talked with Glen (Realkingcobra on AZ) . In my opinion, the best table mechanic in the country.
He suggested to use Kiwi black shoe polish on the pockets. Then use mink oil or saddle soap.
I did both and my new Brunswick Centenial Balls are markless.

Let me know if it works for you. And give a special thanks to Glen.

Best Regards,
Hal in Ohio

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. The pockets on my Pro are dark brown so I'm guessing that would be the polish color to apply. At any rate, I'll give Glen's method a try; the marks drive me nuts! I'm constantly interupting my practice to remove the marks.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
rikdee said:
Thanks. The pockets on my Pro are dark brown so I'm guessing that would be the polish color to apply. At any rate, I'll give Glen's method a try; the marks drive me nuts! I'm constantly interupting my practice to remove the marks.

So.... did it work?

Thanks, Jim (those marks drive me nuts also)

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I used a vigorous application of saddle soap. Took a bit of the brown off but gives the table a bit of character. Black marks 99% eliminated.

_Rick