Help with "S" Cue Logo

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I think this has come up before, but does anyone recognize this "S" logo in script? There is a pic of the joint too. Even though it has a nylon insert, it's not a Huebler. I'm trying to help a friend with it.

Thanks,

Chris

Attachments

• IM000756.jpg
    IM000756.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,577
  • IM000757.jpg
    IM000757.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,250

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
stanford ??? stanforth???
buddy of mine had a stanford/th cue he used as a break cue

J&D CUSTOMS

JL Cues
Silver Member
Stratford put out cues with that logo. They were on the cheaper side , but remember that s.
Hope this helps

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
J&D CUSTOMS said:
Stratford put out cues with that logo. They were on the cheaper side , but remember that s.
Hope this helps
yep, that's it. Stratford. i was close , :D

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
BHQ said:
yep, that's it. Stratford. i was close , :D

check the case...
Samsonite..... i was waaaay offf...

lol.. little dumb and dumber humor there.. i couldnt resist..lol..

chris

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Varney Cues said:
Joey don't lie...You KNOW its an early Searing.:D

Well, I told my friend it was a Stratford and he rejected it. I tried...

Chris

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
TATE said:
Well, I told my friend it was a Stratford and he rejected it. I tried...

Chris
Kinda like those "custom" pool tables your friend has that has woodscrews under the rails. They swear it's custom made Cooper.
Tell him that S stands for Salabushka.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
TATE said:
I think this has come up before, but does anyone recognize this "S" logo in script? There is a pic of the joint too. Even though it has a nylon insert, it's not a Huebler. I'm trying to help a friend with it.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris I do know,I can also tell you who to send pics to for a model I.D. Its a very well made cue made for only one year under that name. The company consisted of a couple three good cue makers that spent a bit more time drinking beer, than making cues as I was told. they started in 1975, and went out of buisness in 1976.......Pm sent.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
The cue is a "Slade" I don't recall off hand the "Boss" was, But Clay Ethridge (Now owner of Showcase Billiards)was one of the cue makers, as well as Nick Wright, Who has been with Showcase from its inception.
One of the problems with the company,although the cues were first rate,was that there was a strip bar a block away! PT'S show club. Its still there in englwood colorado in fact.
If anyone knows the who started it, and who the other guy was, (there were four guys?? I think) feel free to chime in.Or I'll ask clay next time I see him if not.

-Jay-

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
jayman said:
The cue is a "Slade" I don't recall off hand the "Boss" was, But Clay Ethridge (Now owner of Showcase Billiards)was one of the cue makers, as well as Nick Wright, Who has been with Showcase from its inception.
One of the problems with the company,although the cues were first rate,was that there was a strip bar a block away! PT'S show club. Its still there in englwood colorado in fact.
If anyone knows the who started it, and who the other guy was, (there were four guys?? I think) feel free to chime in.Or I'll ask clay next time I see him if not.

-Jay-

Jay,

I truly appreciate the help. My friend has been racking his brain on this one and it's always frustrating to not be able to ID a cue. In this case he was convinced it wasn't an import, but I wasn't.

Thanks again!

Chris