1963 Ginacue *** 1 of first 10 made with COA

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
This is a rare 1963 Titlist Ginacue has a signed Certificate Of Authenticity from Mr.Gutierrez stating it is one of his first 10 cues built. It has the engraved script making this cue in original condition a GREAT piece of billiard history.

Specs:

Butt weighs 16.4 oz and shaft weighs 3.6 oz for a total weight of 20.0 oz playing weight.

Each piece is 28 1/2" long and cue is 57" together, the shaft is a full 12.75 MM+ (measured on the ivory ferrule and on the wood just behind ivory to give true specs) and rolls fairly true for being 44 years old. It has a slight roll out (1/16"), I'm stating this so there is no mis-representation, butt also has about the same roll out, cue rolls great together.

This Ginacue has original finish and what appears to be the original white with green speck irish linen. The shaft has a very nice patina ivory ferrule and Morri medium tip with a red pad. Cue hits very solid as most full spliced titlist cue do. Butt sleeve has the layered veneers Earnie is so well known for in his early cues. The scroll script Ginacue can easliy bee seen in the yellowed phenolic butt sleeve made from billiard balls. This cue is a rare one of a kind piece of early history from Earnie Gutierrez called a "4 prong Happy Butt".

I'm not sure how many owners this cue has had, but I do know I bought it from Mr. Popolizio a couple years ago and it has been stored in a Whitten case at a constant 70 degrees year round. I have hit maybe 10 racks of balls with this cue just to keep it in playing condition.

Price: $3,250 plus shipping and insurance.

Payment by Postal Money Order or Cashier's check only.

Thank you,

John Marshall

P6200058.jpg

P6200057.jpg

P6200056-2.jpg

P6200056.jpg

P6200055.jpg

P6200054.jpg

GinacueletterofAuth.jpg

Last edited:

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Guy,

Thanks for the lead. I sent ibuycues a PM, and have yet to hear back from him. This cue is chalk full of early Ginacue history. (<:

John