Need help ID' IDing Cue "Mike Massey by Meucci"

BigRigTom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a vintage cue purchased by my friend.
Meucci fans are sorta hard to figure aren't they?
Anyone remember this model or have any ID information on it or similar cues.

Danny's-Mike-Massey-Meucci-1.gif

Danny's-Mike-Massey-Meucci-2.gif

Danny's-Mike-Massey-Meucci-3.gif

I played with this one a little and it hits great!
It does NOT have a red dot or a black bulls eye shaft and the tip looks different than anything I have seen before, of course the tip and shaft do not necessarily need to be the originals but they do combine to make a sweet feel.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tom...As I mentioned on CCB, Tate is very knowledgeable about Meucci cues and many others. He lives very near you, and posted just a couple of days ago. He may be out of town or something. PM him, and I'm sure you'll get a response when he gets back.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

BigRigTom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Massey by Meucci

Thanks again Scott,
I have communicated with Tate via PM.
Even tho he is in Hawaii, he was gracious enought to respond and he doesn't remember this line either.

Any info from anyone would be appreciated.
I have also ask Meucci in Mississippi to help but I know they will probably be rather slow to respond if they do at all.....

We haven't given up hope yet though.

stevel

Lomax Custom Cues
Silver Member
"Mike Massey by Meucci"

This cue is an 80-2. It was also one of the cues in the 84 line of the Meucci cues (84-2).
I have a large collection of Meucci Cues and know just about all of the Models. I hope this helps.

Steve

Last edited:

BigRigTom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stevel said:
This cue is an 80-2. It was also one of the cues in the 84 line of the Meucci cues (84-2).
I have a large collection of Meucci Cues and know just about all of the Models. I hope this helps.

Steve

Thanks Steve,
This is a great help and I will pass the info on to my friend.
You are the only one so far that has recogonized it and I'm amazed that you even know the model #. Any idea what the original suggested retail price was at that time?

Does the 84-2 mean that the cue line is from the year 1984?
and does that also mean that a Meucci cue with a model # of 97-?? is from the year 1997?