What is YOUR shot?

PoolSponge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, so over the years I have been fortunate enough to have had, as I am sure most have, those nights of extreme boredom where a bunch of talented players are standing around a table full of balls not wanting to play when one player says, "try this shot". They then proceed to hit a shot you would have never thought of previously. Over the years and many, many, many, of these sorts of evenings (or very early mornings) I have been fortunate enough to learn a few really cool shots.

So here is my question: if all of AZ were in a room together and you were given one "cool" shot to show the group, what would it be?

Bastian

Sleepy
Silver Member
I put two balls frozen together in the middle of the head rail.. beat them down so they stay put. Then put the 8-ball between and on top of them, up on top of the rail.
Bring the cue ball to the other head of the table and bet someone a beer that you can hit the 8 without the cue ball leaving the table.

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
Put an object ball and the cueball about a half a ball off the long rail and lined up in a straight line and bank the object ball straight back. It is a very impressive shot to see, but its not real hard to execute.

Southpaw

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bastian said:
I put two balls frozen together in the middle of the head rail.. beat them down so they stay put. Then put the 8-ball between and on top of them, up on top of the rail.
Bring the cue ball to the other head of the table and bet someone a beer that you can hit the 8 without the cue ball leaving the table.

LOL, and everyone would already tell you they know how to do that shot! Just shoot the cue, and slap your hand on the table. LOL

The 8 will roll out and the cue should hit it!

How about putting a cue stick across the rails of the table and bet someone you can roll the cue ball under them! (Make sure the cue ball can roll freely under the whole table before you bet someone though!)

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
These are three shots I like to hit...although I wouldn't say they rival a Mike Massey show or anything. They are just fun to stroke. The shot on the 2 is shot such that the CB hooks before it hits the end rail and travels down table for position on the 9. It looks impossible to NOT hit the end rail but you can. The shot on the 3 is really valuable if you play golf.

CueTable Help

CueTable Help

CueTable Help

Last edited:

Fragged

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bastian said:

....OK Sir, a decision has been rendered. If such a group convenes, you will not be permitted to speak. :)

klockdoc

ughhhhhhhhhh
Silver Member
My Favorite Shot

Here is one of my favorite shots. The angle is not enough to go around the table, but, is enough so you can't draw straight back and catch the side rail to spin down with low inside.

You elevate the cue to straight up and down. Aim the cue ball at the right edge of the object ball using the english shown. 8 goes in the side and english brings the cue ball straight down the table for the 9..,..:D

CueTable Help

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 balls frozen to each other and the rail a diamond and a half from the side pocket. Time shot in the side.

CueTable Help

I made this shot 10-12 times in a row once.
Chuck

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
This is one of my favorites, the "90 degree" cut ... of course it is not 90 degrees by the time the small masse runs its course. Then try the 94 degree (cueball A) and 98 degree (cue ball B , and I'm guessing at the angles even though one can measure way cool things with the CueTable, thanks again WEI ).

CueTable Help

And one I saw Stephano Pelinga shoot in a trick shot competition, thought it quite cool and straightforward to setup, so I practiced it immediately after :) You can make the 2 in the corner if you wet the 1-2 contact point.

CueTable Help

Dave

blackeee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
try putting th OB on the THIRD diamond on the short rail and the CB about 4 inches left of the head spot and cut that one in. I've made a few bones with that shot.

PoolSponge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jdr said:
Is this shot rail first?

No this shot is played as a straight pot on the ball. You stroke this shot very similar to the shot where you have a ball hanging over the side and hit it with inside to hit the rail short of the side and slide straight up that rail into the end pocket. Same stroke just outside not inside. The stronger you hit this shot the cooler it gets. You can warp the CB so it goes out past the blockers and doesn't hit another rail just turns and slides straight to the bottom rail.

memikey

Never Has Been
Silver Member
RiverCity said:
2 balls frozen to each other and the rail a diamond and a half from the side pocket. Time shot in the side.

CueTable Help

I made this shot 10-12 times in a row once.
Chuck

Oi!! That's my only shot!!:)

I'm not very good at any others:eek:

BazookaJoe

Destroyer of stickers
Silver Member
Not much for trick shots, but here's a sporty bank I made last week playing cheap one hole.

CueTable Help

I forgot to add the cueball that shows english
Shot with low left