John Schmidt vs. James Walden

Handsumm

Banned
Although I do like John Schmidt, I would not be surprised if Walden upset the reigning champ in this one.

Anyone wanna give me odds on this match? I will Take James if given 3/2 or better odds

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Wouldn't surprise

me either. Gabe and JJ have aleady lost, and so has Earl, former champs.
James is a grinder and a tough player.

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
When do they match up?
If it is me to you on them and they play. what is 3/2?
I put up 50 and you 25?

Last edited:

Robertduke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PROG8R said:
When fo they match up?
I put up 50 and you 25?

I was going to say something but Im not a knocker..

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PROG8R said:
When fo they match up?
I put up 50 and you 25?

Well,,,,,,,,,he did ask for 3/2,,,,,,,,,,,OR BETTER, LOL.

bignasty

"I already did it"
Silver Member
odds

PROG8R said:
When fo they match up?
I put up 50 and you 25?
you put up 30 and if you win you get 20 and they put up 20 and if they win you give them 30!schmidt is minus 150 on the money line!

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
bignasty said:
you put up 30 and if you win you get 20 and they put up 20 and if they win you give them 30!schmidt is minus 150 on the money line!

Well if that is the case, you have action!
Only if they have not played yet, it is late for me and I am sedated so I might have to rely on my AZ bretheren to keep it straight. OK?
You want it, then all you have to do is say ok before they match and you got it. I am in for 30$ with you. I am going to have to caount on our brother hood here to keep it straight because my back is OB right now and I am ready for bed. Just let me know.
BTW this is only for one person that wants WALDEN, I am off to bed the first one to take it before they play is on. I will have to check in the morning.

Last edited:

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
Well, I am pleased that no one took me up on this.

In other action, longtime road player James Walden scored a dominating 11-1 win over defending champion John Schmidt. :eek:
That isn't an upset, that was an ASS WHOOPIN!!

stick8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
james walden

Ant photos of james?? must be one hell player, to beat john 11-1, i dont know him but that score inpressed me!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

ginsu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stick8 said:
Ant photos of james?? must be one hell player, to beat john 11-1, i dont know him but that score inpressed me!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Very, very near the top of cash players in the country.

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
As I said in the other thread...no one on the planet has to beat Walden. Not to take anything away from John, but Walden plays great. JMO.

Southpaw

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How sweet it is

Congratulaions mister James Waldon. Felt James didn't get his recognition at the olathe 10-ball shoot out. az posters don't forget James I hope Danny Harriman sends Schmidt packing as well in there action challenge

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
James Walden

stick8 said:

James was probably one of the best two or three big money cash 9-ball and 1 pocket player from 1990 - 2000, he booked very few losers and very, very, very many winners. I was lucky enough to live in Okalhoma City during that period and made several nice scores betting on the side when James was in action.:D :D :D He is still a force to be reckoned with but does not get nearly as much play as he did before poker started putting a dent in much of the pool action.

-don

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
> I'm not taking anything away from John,he is a great player period. I guess it was over a year ago when someone was asking about James' speed,and people thought I was NUTS when I said anyone under Johnny Archer's speed need not apply playing 9 or 10-ball,and pretty damn close to Cliff's one-hole level. Looks like I was closer to the truth than the consensus said.

I'm with Rib again on this one,the ONLY way I bet against James playing JS is in 14.1,PERIOD. I think James has a more solid,repeatable game. John may run oodles of balls playing 14.1,but I think his slightly unorthodox mechanics might fail him in a 12 hour session against James,while James will simply play as good or better for longer. Tommy D.

bb81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thecoats said:
James was probably one of the best two or three big money cash 9-ball and 1 pocket player from 1990 - 2000, he booked very few losers and very, very, very many winners. I was lucky enough to live in Okalhoma City during that period and made several nice scores betting on the side when James was in action.:D :D :D He is still a force to be reckoned with but does not get nearly as much play as he did before poker started putting a dent in much of the pool action.

-don

I've lived in Oklahoma my whole life, and the one players name that is constantly said when it comes to playing pool, is James Walden. I've known James for sometime. I can honestly say that he may be the strongest money player in the country. About 2 years ago in Olathe, KS. during a mini-tournament, I watched him break and run 7 on Chad Vilmont racing to 9 on a bar box, for the finals. Everytime I see James play, it never fails that I'm truly impressed with how well he plays. I hope that James wins and finally gets the respect, that I think, he deserves.

Snap'em off brother, we're all cheering for ya back home!

T-dog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bb81 said:
About 2 years ago in Olathe, KS. during a mini-tournament, I watched him break and run 7 on Chad Vilmont racing to 9 on a bar box, for the finals.

I was there and must say it was a sight to see.