Sad News About Cuemaker Anne Mayes

9balllvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although all details are not known at this time, the word has been sent that cue maker Anne Mayes (Annie O of AO Custom Cues) has passed away today. Here is a recent article about a benefit that the pool community in Texas pulled together for Anne and it tells a little more about her diagnosed illness.

http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.cfm?storynum=4798

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I met her several times around Houston. Always smiling. Always happy. Rest in peace Annie.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
This is very sad news. Annie was a fighter - all the way until the end. I will keep her family in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Deeply saddened. I first met Annie O at WPBA San Diego in 2002, and we hit it off immediately. Great, fun loving gal, who really loved our sport and the people in it. Though we had occasional E-mail contact, I only saw her three times since. I'm glad I had the privilege of knowing her, and wish to express my condolences to her family and friends.

The world of pool has lost a charismatic, colorful character, but those of us who knew her will always remember Annie's light touch and her infectious smile.

John Barton

My heart goes out to Anne's family and friends. I never met her in person but she was a huge supporter of my business and we never got around to the horse trading we were going to do.

Rest in peace Anne.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man this is terrible, while I didnt know of her from what i read she was great. Seems like every week pool is losing someone, my condolences to her family and friends.

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
I just received an email from a friend and she said Annie sent her an email yesterday morning (she passed away at 630 that evening), saying she was at peace. I am so glad.

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Tiger Condolences

All of us at Tiger Products wish to extend our condolences to Annie's family and friends. Very sad news indeed.

If I am not mistaken, Annie was one of the very few cuemaking women in the world. An inspiration to many.

She will be missed.

robertno1pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anne Mayes Passing

I am deeply sadden to hear this.

Anne was a great cue maker, pool teacher, and friend.

I will miss that spark in her eye when I would question her about some aspect of making cues and she enthusiastically enjoyed educating me.

The outpouring of support in the recent fund raiser from many is evidence of her greatness. I am glad I was able to attend.

My prayers for her family and friend.
She will be missed.

TripXQ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Annie

We are all deeply saddened at the news of Annie's passing. Triple Cross Cues sends our sympathy to her family and close friends. God had a special need to call her home so soon. The best people leave the deepest sorrow. Wish I could have known her better.
Tom Gedris, Triple Cross Cues

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is sad news. I never met her but I have hit some balls with some of her cues and I always heard nice things said about her. She will be missed.