Any opinions on Mezz Cues

greeneyes_ocean

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I just wanted to ask for some of your opinions on these cues. I've heard lots of good things but wanted to hear from you AZers :)
Thank you for your time.

Vass

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 98.6%
69   1   0
i played with a mezz for about 3 years. no complaints the cue hit good and took couple of stressful hits and stayed straight and still hit good. i still have my heart set on a mezz ta-3

mr2_serious

BRUTE FORCE BABY!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
They play like a schon but with a softer hit. The hit is also super solid. If you get one with the metal joint it is only a thin metal sleeve wrapped around wood similar to a schuler.

Last edited:

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
greeneyes_ocean said:
thank you.
I might be buying one soon.

Vass

I don't think you will regret buying one. I have owned three. Do allow youself to explore it for a while once you get it.

They are very well built and good player cue.

The high end Mezz cue are name Exceed. You might want to check that out. Put on with a medium moori and it ping nicely.;)

Im still looking for one Exceed EXD model. EXD is a dual core cue unlike mine which is quadro core and it play real stiff and control is excellent. Dual core play just nice, like some SW cue.

They have standard shaft, Hybrid pro and hybrid pro 2 shaft for you to choose from.

Hybrid pro is somewhere between a 314 and a standard shaft.Hybrid pro2 is something like a 314 but allow you to draw back sharper or narrower.

I play with a standard shaft and it make nice sound to my ear.

Most mezz comes with UJ joint which is a 5/16-14. and it is tight when you screw and unscrew it.

My cue comes with a Wavy joint. It is something between a radial 3/8-8 and a 3/8-10.

Mezz also comes with an extension which can be very helpful at time.
I hope this help.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
The first one I was given to mate a Predator shaft to, the ss joint collar fell off in my hand. The cue was brand new. That was enough for me.

kamdaswani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
good stuff

tried 3 of the new series 2 weeks ago .. and was very impressed...

the new hybrid shafts can do some pretty incredible stuff.. way ahead of the predators, in my opinion.... ( and i do own a predator )

if you go for one of the higher end ones, you will not be disappointed ...

their break cue is another story.... too damn short for my liking...

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
KJ Cues said:
The first one I was given to mate a Predator shaft to, the ss joint collar fell off in my hand. The cue was brand new. That was enough for me.

What the reason to mate it? the predator shaft can go directly in to a Mezz cue. They have the same size joint collar.

Roppongi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I played with a discontinued zz-01 (hybrid I shaft) for more than 5 years....the cue hit stiff and real great. I don't think you would go wrong with mezz as a production cue. :)

vin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have hit with the new mezz jump cue last night and it was great. im planning to buy that piece of jump cue and im starting to save money right now :D

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Mezz

Their power break cue is also a solid breaker. Good pricing for what you get. I haven't had the chance to shoot with any of their other cues but I have also heard nothing but good things about them. I really like their ZZ-10 model!

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
vin said:
i have hit with the new mezz jump cue last night and it was great. im planning to buy that piece of jump cue and im starting to save money right now :D

I haven't tried one yet. But I seen Efren Reyes jumping with one during the WPC 2007.

Im happy with my Fisher jump cue. If I do get a chance to try one and if it is good i might go for it.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 98.6%
69   1   0
icem3n said:
What the reason to mate it? the predator shaft can go directly in to a Mezz cue. They have the same size joint collar.

yeah that's what i had on my mezz. they make a predator shaft that matches with the mezz perfectly. they even have a line of cues that come with the 314 standard

rocitop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
icem3n said:

Will a standard 314-2 shaft with 5/16 x 14 threads, directly from Predator, fit the Mezz?

Thanks

vin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
icem3n said:
I haven't tried one yet. But I seen Efren Reyes jumping with one during the WPC 2007.

Im happy with my Fisher jump cue. If I do get a chance to try one and if it is good i might go for it.
if thats what you saw... i guess you havent seen the shaft to shaft in action yet :D

heres a picture of the whole cue
11202007146.jpg

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
hi

I bought MEZZ model EC-N with standard shaft and with "old style" joint, not metal one.

Its very good cue, well made and with very good hit. I never used Schon but its way better playing cue than Viking, McDermott and Joss (these are the ones my teammates are using and this is my opinion).

If there is complaint that would be that they can not go lower than 18.5oz (I like 18oz).

I got mine for around $280 with tax included.

Roppongi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
poolplayer2093 said:
yeah that's what i had on my mezz. they make a predator shaft that matches with the mezz perfectly. they even have a line of cues that come with the 314 standard

the first of that was the ZZ series that i had. but i figured out that their hybrid shafts hit beeter, imho, than the 314 shafts

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Taken from somebody that used to buy custom cues from the states and sell them here in Japan. I no longer sell custom cues anymore because they just don't sell as well anymore. One of the reasons the Japanese custom cue market has slowed down (not stopped) is because the great quality that Mezz and Adam are putting out these days. The Mezz Exceed series, and the Adam Musashi line are made as well as/or better than many well known custom cue makers. The only thing that stopped me from buying a Mezz Exceed was that because they are not a custom cue, there was always a chance that I'd run into someone with exactly the same cue I have............................and that's unacceptable!!!
dave