Reload this Page "Hawaiian" Brian Hashimoto
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
"Hawaiian" Brian Hashimoto
Old
  (#1)
CueCaps
80% - I'm never Purfect..

CueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

"Hawaiian" Brian Hashimoto - 12-07-2007, 10:10 AM

Brian's Personal Tad Kohara Cue is for sale. You can view the post in the AZ "For Sale" Forum.
Just letting AZ er's know that "Hawaiian" Brian is alive and well. You can find him at Hawaiian Brian's Billiards in Honolulu, Hawaii...ALOHA

http://www.cuecaps.com/index.html

"Never shoot a Passing Shot on the ball before Key Ball" - Alton
"People go to work , waiting for two things: Lunch time and Quitting time. - Alton "
"People go to the job for the job, not to do the job." - Alton

Last edited by CueCaps; 04-12-2008 at 03:16 PM.

Old
  (#2)
jrhendy
AzB Silver Member
jrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1400

12-07-2007, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CueCaps
Brian's Personal Tad Kohara Cue is for sale. You can view the post in the AZ "For Sale" Forum.
Just letting AZ er's know that "Hawaiian" Brian is alive and well. You can find him at Hawaiian Brian's Billiards in Honolulu, Hawaii...ALOHA
If I had half the money back that Brian beat me out of using that cue over the years I could probably could buy the cue. It is a beauty. John Henderson

Old
  (#3)
CueCaps

CueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhendy
If I had half the money back that Brian beat me out of using that cue over the years I could probably could buy the cue. It is a beauty. John Henderson
That's funny....But guess what?..you're apart of his history too.

"People go to work , waiting for two things: Lunch time and Quitting time. - Alton "

Old
  (#4)
olauzon
HANK THE TANK
olauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-07-2007, 10:22 AM

saw that beauty earlier. good to hear brian is well. (dig his stance in that pic - who needs a mech bridge anyway)

Old
  (#5)
CueCaps

12-07-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olauzon
saw that beauty earlier. good to hear brian is well. (dig his stance in that pic - who needs a mech bridge anyway)
You are very observent...Brian's climbin' table....Foul...Sometimes when he plays certain guys here, They play "Climb Table". Usually the older guys play that way here.

Old
  (#6)
olauzon
HANK THE TANK
olauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond reputeolauzon has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CueCaps
You are very observent...Brian's climbin' table....Foul...Sometimes when he plays certain guys here, They play "Climb Table". Usually the older guys play that way here.
i ditto that option with certain players too (as long as they crawl back down themselves (and we're not on my table)). and he's not old, he's, should i say, thick. still prefers to crawl up there.

thanks for the picture

Aloha - very nice cue
Old
  (#7)
HollyWood
AzB Silver Member
HollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond reputeHollyWood has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15000

Red face Aloha - very nice cue - 12-07-2007, 10:35 AM

ALOHA- Good morning to you sir: I have met brian, Aki,and a few of the regulars.All pro's visiting came to the big island to hawaiian Brians. I still wear some tee shirts, and use powder from brians-hawaiian brians. I thank you for posting about his health. Fan from the ol days with and without rodney. I still have 2 of the szamboti posters from the 99 and 2000 collections(lucky and powerhouse billiards) If I might ask do you know if the goverment has loosened up on lucky's shops. I will find you and aki when I return. It would be the best place to retire bar none. That is one fine tad kohara good luck with the sale. mark

Old
  (#8)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

12-08-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhendy
Hey, John, what was the guys name at the LA room that HB played out of? He always wore a hat, had a large stomach, nice guy, he was either a backer or stake horse or a bouncer? Not sure if he owned the room or managed it, also what was that pool rooms name?

Old
  (#9)
jrhendy
AzB Silver Member
jrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond repute

12-08-2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive
Hey, John, what was the guys name at the LA room that HB played out of? He always wore a hat, had a large stomach, nice guy, he was either a backer or stake horse or a bouncer? Not sure if he owned the room or managed it, also what was that pool rooms name?
That was Lou, he ran the place. Used to steer me around and would never take a nickel. Of course I always lost it and a little more back to Brian & Lou was in. Last I heard he went to Las Vegas. John

Old
  (#10)
jrhendy
AzB Silver Member

12-08-2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:
It was House of Billiards, Sixth & Western. Got pretty rough before they had to close it. John

Old
  (#11)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

12-08-2007, 01:25 PM

Quote:
That was the House Of Billiards on 6th St. We always used to just call it 6th St.
The man you are referring to is Lou! He was the manager and bouncer as well if that was required.

Old
  (#12)
dabarbr
AzB Silver Member
dabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond reputedabarbr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 250

12-08-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert
That was the House Of Billiards on 6th St. We always used to just call it 6th St.
The man you are referring to is Lou! He was the manager and bouncer as well if that was required.
We always referred it to the place at sixth and Western. Lou has lately been seen at Baker's Billiards in Fontana. Quite a nice guy.

Old
  (#13)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

12-08-2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabarbr
We always referred it to the place at sixth and Western. Lou has lately been seen at Baker's Billiards in Fontana. Quite a nice guy.
You're right! Sixth and Western it was. Getting old is a *****!

Old
  (#14)
Ron Conley
AzB Bronze Member
Ron Conley has much to be proud ofRon Conley has much to be proud ofRon Conley has much to be proud ofRon Conley has much to be proud ofRon Conley has much to be proud ofRon Conley has much to be proud ofRon Conley has much to be proud ofRon Conley has much to be proud ofRon Conley has much to be proud of

12-08-2007, 03:59 PM

I played a 24 hour session in the mid 70's someplace in Orange County with that cue. I was getting 8-7 playing one handed one pocket from Tommy Martin aka Fat Tommy. Won a thousand, met Brian the next day at 6th and Western think I gave him a $100. One of the very few times I got the best of Tommy. Hope that doesn't hurt the value of the cue. By the way Lou is the nuts.

Old
  (#15)
jrhendy
AzB Silver Member

12-08-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conley
I played a 24 hour session in the mid 70's someplace in Orange County with that cue. I was getting 8-7 playing one handed one pocket from Tommy Martin aka Fat Tommy. Won a thousand, met Brian the next day at 6th and Western think I gave him a $100. One of the very few times I got the best of Tommy. Hope that doesn't hurt the value of the cue. By the way Lou is the nuts.
Tommy used to play one handed pretty sporty, so you could play. I used to play some one handed one pocket with Scrawny Ronnie and others in Bellflower at the Billiard Palace in the 70's. I never played Tommy, can't remember why, just never came up.

My neighbors brother knows Tommy well and told me last spring that Tommy was doing well and to say hello. You are right about Lou. He always treated me right. John Henderson

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: