Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Video - ???? - Mike Sigel vs Allen Hopkins

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Video - ???? - Mike Sigel vs Allen Hopkins
Old
  (#1)
Scaramouche
AzB Silver Member
Scaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Video - ???? - Mike Sigel vs Allen Hopkins - 12-30-2007, 06:13 AM

???? ?Semi
Mike Sigel vs Allen Hopkins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5CDlidoEF8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVAJ3kNUQk

Presumably there will be more to come

Born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad

Old
  (#2)
Matt_24
AzB Silver Member
Matt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

12-30-2007, 08:29 AM

Mike was at his best then. I have those DVDs - Jay Helfert produced them I believe. That is when Mike was unbeatable in the finals.

Old
  (#3)
worriedbeef
The Voice of Reason
worriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

12-30-2007, 09:46 AM

i never realised allen had a huge beard back in the day. he looks like buddy hall!

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life I know you'll be a sun, in somebody else's sky but why, why, why can't it be mine?"

Old
  (#4)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

12-30-2007, 09:56 AM

I did produce those shows. There were three total matches we shot that day. It was the final day at the December 1987 Sands Regency Open. First match was Hopkins vs. Rosas, this was the second and Sigel vs. David Howard was the finals.

I hired a local video production crew to film it and we spent a day or two prepping them for the match. My good friend Nick Pawl was the director, and he knew pool! Pat Fleming and I did the commentary. This is the show that got Pat interested in taping pool matches. The next big tournament was the Rack'em Up Classic in South Carolina in January, and Pat called me and asked if I wanted to fly back there and tape the final day with him. I chose not to and he did it without me. The rest is history...and Accu-Stats Video Productions!

Twenty years later and I'm trying to get a job with Pat doing commentary.

Old
  (#5)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

12-30-2007, 10:04 AM

If you look carefully, you can see Pat and I at the far left side of the podium. What a great view we had to do commentary! Now they stick me in a booth a mile away from the table or in a studio watching monitors. Go figure!

The only guy who still gets it right is Pat Fleming with his Accu-Stats tapes. We always have a good look at the table and the players.

Old
  (#6)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people

12-30-2007, 10:13 AM

The other voices you hear are David Howard talking to T.D. Doug Klisch, who are sitting next to us.

I think that's Walter Glass referring.

The Next Two Clips
Old
  (#7)
Scaramouche
AzB Silver Member
Scaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond repute

The Next Two Clips - 01-01-2008, 06:46 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDvbs7m3ZR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HctY9UODOY0

Old
  (#8)
mosconiac
Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
mosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 624

01-01-2008, 04:21 PM

Parts 5&6 just went up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ljDtugUB5U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12qRIDUlCY8

As always, thanks for pointing these out Scaramouche!

Interesting story Jay. I knew you were taping matches before anyone, but I had no idea you had a hand in getting Pat into it.

Primary Cue: Barry Szamboti (Pic1/Pic2)
Break Cue: Predator BK2
Case: Jack Justis (Pic)
Table: Kim Steel 9' (Pic)
Hannah: She Chalks Before Every Shot (Pic/Vid1/Vid2)

Old
  (#9)
Gerry
AzB Silver Member
Gerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond repute

01-01-2008, 06:31 PM

I am going to be like Jay in the furure!!! Jay, you have been EVERYWHERE and know all humans in the pool world! I have a cool old 1 pocket match you were "MC'in" with Danny D, and Ronnie Allen for the big cheese! the played on a beautiful old table that was fast as baby oil on marble down hill! I watched that match like 20 times before I ever saw you posting here! I finally put the face with the name

keep up the good work!

No short term memory and no expectation!=Dead stroke!

Old
  (#10)
poolaholic2010
one pocket addict no cure
poolaholic2010 has a reputation beyond reputepoolaholic2010 has a reputation beyond reputepoolaholic2010 has a reputation beyond reputepoolaholic2010 has a reputation beyond reputepoolaholic2010 has a reputation beyond reputepoolaholic2010 has a reputation beyond reputepoolaholic2010 has a reputation beyond reputepoolaholic2010 has a reputation beyond reputepoolaholic2010 has a reputation beyond reputepoolaholic2010 has a reputation beyond reputepoolaholic2010 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 250

12-31-2010, 04:18 AM

what happened to this match? iv tried to find it online and can't find it nowhere

its up to you whether or not my kids eat this week-Jack Hynes

Old
  (#11)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people

12-31-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolaholic2010 View Post
what happened to this match? iv tried to find it online and can't find it nowhere
You can get copies of all three of these matches on my website, jayhelfert.com. I do own the rights to these matches, but it seems impossible to stop people from putting them on youtube. It's a lot nicer to watch them on your big screen TV though!

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order Pool Wars

Old
  (#12)
oldzilla
Accustats Affiliate
oldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1050

12-31-2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
I did produce those shows. There were three total matches we shot that day. It was the final day at the December 1987 Sands Regency Open. First match was Hopkins vs. Rosas, this was the second and Sigel vs. David Howard was the finals.

I hired a local video production crew to film it and we spent a day or two prepping them for the match. My good friend Nick Pawl was the director, and he knew pool! Pat Fleming and I did the commentary. This is the show that got Pat interested in taping pool matches. The next big tournament was the Rack'em Up Classic in South Carolina in January, and Pat called me and asked if I wanted to fly back there and tape the final day with him. I chose not to and he did it without me. The rest is history...and Accu-Stats Video Productions!

Twenty years later and I'm trying to get a job with Pat doing commentary.
Hey Jay, I'll put in a good word for ya !

Happy New Year

Coming Next On Pay-Per-View
November 6-9, 2014
Accu-Stats Make It Happen 8-ball Invitational

http://www.accu-stats.com/liveppv.html

http://www.accu-stats.com/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.accu-stats.com/liveppv.html

http://www.accu-stats.com/

Game Show ustream channel below.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/accu-stats-on-location

Old
  (#13)
Scaramouche
AzB Silver Member

12-31-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
I do own the rights to these matches, but it seems impossible to stop people from putting them on youtube. !
Always glad to help you protect your stuff by tipping you off when it shows up on youtube.
After I've watched it, of course.

It's the BBC knocking snooker off youtube that annoys me.
A nonprofit organization shouldn't be so vindictive.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: