your thoughts on joe tuckers rack secrets.

maxeypad2007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually yes, but I think it could be more comprehensive...especially on the topic of "loading the rack"

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
His info on 9-ball racks is ESSENTIAL for any 9-ball player. It definitely works. Please don't tell anyone in my league . . . ;)

Bigkahuna

It's Good For Your Game!
Silver Member
Sshhhh

Don't tell any of your freinds if you get it. They will use it on you.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
cubc said:
It makes a huge difference that is for sure.

What kind of secrets does he cover? Surely it isn't cheating.....is it? I only ask because it seems that there is only one way to rack the balls, tight.

PoolSponge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the DVD and I first watched it a long time ago. In my honest opinion the 8 ball portion is ok but the 9 ball portion is invaluable. Since adding that knowledge to my game I give up less 9 ball breaks and have dramatically improved my balls on the break percentage. I strongly believe that if you take your game even semi-seriously you must have this knowledge without question. So much so that at some local events I have begun to draw a crowd just to watch me break. My break is nothing crazy, most of the time I hit the pack 60% but my regularity of making that wing ball is so high that many players are in awe. Most are waiting for their copy of the DVD to arrive.

Only ERO's

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Racking Secrets

easy-e said:
What kind of secrets does he cover? Surely it isn't cheating.....is it? I only ask because it seems that there is only one way to rack the balls, tight.

I own the DVD and have watched it a few times. The DVD is a great reference for information to help you read a rack and based on the rack to pocket a ball. Yes, the DVD does explain about a "mud" rack but this is to allow one to watch for when you are given one. I believe that Joe is thinking that the higher level player will be the one to order the DVD and based on that, they would not need to give a mud rack.

The other product that Joe mentions in the DVD is the Break Rak. I also own one of these and the only thing bad I can say about it is the harm done to the table based on continuous breaking on the cloth. I might have to consider putting something under the cue ball due to the burning I get from the break. They are both great products and I think have shown quite of bit more consistency and improvement in my game.

I played about a 4 hour session with somebody on my Diamond last night. After about 3 hours, the guy looked at me and asked how many times did I make the corner ball (playing 9-ball). I looked back and said that it was almost every time and if I didn't, I was coming up dry. I was making the corner ball very consistently and also bringing the 1-ball up to the upper corner pocket with my cue ball in the middle of the table. It makes the break and runs that much easier.

I highly recommend both of these products and don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
easy-e said:

How about this. It's worth the money just for the 9 ball portion so just buy it. if you dont like it then ill buy it from you and sell it to a local friend.

No risk to you. Knowledge of what to look for in a rack and how to handle it is not cheating.

edit: the dvd that is.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
cubc said:
How about this. It's worth the money just for the 9 ball portion so just buy it. if you dont like it then ill buy it from you and sell it to a local friend.

No risk to you. Knowledge of what to look for in a rack and how to handle it is not cheating.

edit: the dvd that is.

Sounds good to me. I was not trying to call Joe a cheater, just wondering how much you can teach someone about how to rack. Sounds like some good stuff.

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
easy-e said:
Sounds good to me. I was not trying to call Joe a cheater, just wondering how much you can teach someone about how to rack. Sounds like some good stuff.

It's not ALL about how to rack honestly.. it's about how to break a rack and usually it's a rack from someone that knows nothing about it. It does make you pay attention and give the best racks possible though :)

One of my friends in league is a great player for being so young but this guy could not rack to save his life. Seriously he would die if he had to rack a good rack to survive death.

I showed him the video and now he knows how to rack properly (and does because he hated being called a shit racker when he really didnt know what was happening) and he also knows how to break all sorts of racks. His game increased and so did his rating from knowing the rack.

Turns out he was giving bad racks on accident because of how he took the wooden rack off the balls. It moved specific balls forward causing the slug rack even though the top 3 were tight. People would break, nothing would spread, they would complain even though they checked it and he had no clue what was happening either.

nbll01

Albrecht Custom Cues
Silver Member
Its money well spent especially the nineball racking secrets. I have literally had 1 nineball go in one of the back corner pockets out of probably 500 games. The stuff really works................Dave

mr8ball

I have had it for quite sometime now. It has won me quite a few games and really helped my on reading a rack. Money well spent. Thanks Joe for all you do for billiards, Doug

cmsmith9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe is an unbelievable player and has in depth knowledge of the game. I've seen him play and he is amazing. My thoughts on racking knowledge and pattern racking have nothing to do with him at all.

That kind of knowledge can also be used against your opponents. What you know to make sure you recieve a fair rack and the knowledge to know where to break from is huge. However, with that knowledge you also know, HOW NOT to make a ball....so you can rig the rack so your opponent can't make one. You can use this against great players as well as weak ones. You can make sure a weak player makes a ball on the break knowing they can't run out. But there will be less balls on the table for you to clear when you're up.

Christian

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Though you shouldnt watch the video to learn to sh*track people honestly. If someone intentionally does it to me I'll call them out on it too...

I've had someone even put the balls in the same order as joe tucker says AND still shit racks me like I cant figure out it's on purpose.

I figure at least if you're going to play dumb about doing it to not arrange the balls in a specific order every time. some people are rather amusing.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
It's a must-have. It doesn't tell you how to cheat, he merely helps you benefit from non-perfect racks. That's not cheating, that's knowwwwwledge.

In summary, HAVE to have it.

Dave