FS: 6 Point Ebony On Ebony Rick Howard Cue With Lizard Wrap - Near Mint to Mint Cond.

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0
I'm looking to sell a 6 point RICK HOWARD cue, which is in near mint to mint condition. The forearm is Macassar Ebony and sports 3 long and 3 short razor-sharp Macassar Ebony points. Each of the points has a single red veneer. The butt sleeve is also Macassar Ebony. The cue sports SW style rings in the butt sleeve and on either side of the flat-faced phenolic joint, which has a 3/8-11 screw. The wrap is black Lizard. This Howard is 57.75 inches long. It weighs 19.1 oz. with one shaft and 18.9 oz. with the other. The shaft diameters are 12.55 mm. and 12.33 mm. Both shafts have a very slight taper roll in the middle, but both shafts roll at least 96-97% perfectly straight. The very slight taper roll does not effect the playability of the cue whatsoever. If you are looking for a great playing cue for under $950.00, this Howard is for you. My price is $935.00 or best offer (payment terms to be agreed upon) delivered by USPS Express Mail to any point in the Continental U.S. with full insurance. Sorry, no trades accepted on this one.

buttsleeveandshaftrings.jpg

1longpoint.jpg

entireforearmwith2pointsandshaft-1.jpg

tipsof2points.jpg

entireforearmwith2pointsand2tipsrev.jpg

buttand2shafts.jpg

buttand2shaftsreverse.jpg

1longand1shortpoint.jpg

entireforearmwith1pointand2tips.jpg

Last edited:

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0
masonh said:
looks like Gaboon Ebony instead of Macassar and a 3/8-10 pin.

I'm pretty sure that it is Macassar Ebony. It is not as dark as Gaboon. In any event, it is a gorgeous ebony cue.

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Looks like Macassar over here. And the pin also looks like an 11 tpi, just not flat bottomed like the ever popular SW. But pictures can be deceiving...

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0
half fast bankr said:
Looks like Macassar over here. And the pin also looks like an 11 tpi, just not flat bottomed like the ever popular SW. But pictures can be deceiving...

You are very observant. The pin is indented and not flat bottomed like a SW cue.

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
This is one sweet cue and was my personal player for a long time. I can tell everyone that I had a lot more in the cue than what Mike is asking. It is a real Lizard wrap and the refinish was done by Travis Nicklich (Blackcreek Cues) . Many consider Travis's finish to be the best in the busisness and this cue is no exception.

I thought the shafts were bigger than that. I have the measurements as 12.72 and 12.58 Mike you might wanna check it again.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
Georges cue is an ebony 6 pointer with a maple nose. I had the exact same cue for a while, in fact it used to be Ricks personal playing cue. you can see a picture of it on Ricks website www.macecues.com its the one in the top right of the custom cue gallery.

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0
lenoxmjs said:
This is one sweet cue and was my personal player for a long time. I can tell everyone that I had a lot more in the cue than what Mike is asking. It is a real Lizard wrap and the refinish was done by Travis Nicklich (Blackcreek Cues) . Many consider Travis's finish to be the best in the busisness and this cue is no exception.

I thought the shafts were bigger than that. I have the measurements as 12.72 and 12.58 Mike you might wanna check it again.

Matt:

I measured the shaft diameters at the exact point where the ferrules meet the shaft wood. I will do it again in the early morning and post only if my measurements are off, which I doubt. I usually measure each shaft at least 5 times before I arrive at a number. Best regards.

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0
lenoxmjs said:
It is possible they have changed since the cue left my possession I guess.

Yes, that is possible. One thing that has not changed since this cue left your possession, it is INCREDIBLE!!!

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I was just

I left a note for a person talking about the Meucci to custom transition.

I cannot think of a better cue than this one. Ricks cues are the most player cue out there for reasonable dollars.

Ken