How to start leagues with BCA or APA?

Hello everyone

We just opened up not too long and wonder how to go about hosting league work APA or BCA? We have all 9 footer with 4.25 pockets. Thank you

bpeacock

We just started a BCA league last fall. Call their office and they will be very helpful.
For APA, contact the League Operator listed on the website for your area. Look at all of the requirements for both carefully before you decide. As you have probably seen on this forum, there are pros and cons to both. BCA gives you more freedom to set your league up to suit your poolhall.
Hope this helps.

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should also look into starting a league with the USAPL. which has been set up to compete with the APA. They are a fairly new product from CueSports International, the parent of the BCA. Sounded like a fairly good deal for players with Fargorate hot races, payback for winnings and lots of chances for trips to Vegas where they share the venue with the BCA Championships. This is according to the aspiring league operator who explained it to me while trying to recruit captains.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Start your own league.
Even if you buy a franchise.
These league operators will end up holding you hostage if you let them in.
You'll be getting 3 bucks a player and they'll be asking for tap water while eating pbj's from home.

eg9327

Are you interested in an in-house (nontraveling) league for your pool hall? I have a web host that supports leagues with NO teams. All individual play. Everyone who shows up to play gets to play. No sit outs. Any number of players (6 or more) can play. Our league creates a casual social atmosphere where everyone can have a good time. Handicapping allows all players to score and be competitive. It is inexpensive for the players, and there are no fees paid by the league operator or the pool hall. Visit our website at www.alphapoolleague.com, or email me at Banjo1926@aol.com.
Richard

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should also look into starting a league with the USAPL. which has been set up to compete with the APA. They are a fairly new product from CueSports International, the parent of the BCA. Sounded like a fairly good deal for players with Fargorate hot races, payback for winnings and lots of chances for trips to Vegas where they share the venue with the BCA Championships. This is according to the aspiring league operator who explained it to me while trying to recruit captains.
Agree.

They've actually been around awhile now though. Close to 15 years now I think.

I've been playing with them for 5 years.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Diamond tables they use in Vegas have 4.75" pockets they call "league cut".
I have heard of the league cut version but never came across one.

I think the league cut pockets on a 9 foot table would be great for straight pool.. Loose enough for power shots when needed for breaking up the rack and tight enough to keep a person focused.

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We just played our weekly league match on the only Diamond in our area (7" table). Not sure, but I think the pockets are 4.5" as two balls fit, but they wedge and won't drop. The matches where my two 3s played had every game go over 10 innings, and half the games from the 4 playing went double digits too. Not only lots of misses, but hardly any lucky slop balls either.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The average APA players think 7's or 9's are gods. 🤣
OMG! Thank you for the laugh. They are not as you know. Mostly they are people that love playing pool and hate losing!

So they practice, they play better players than themselves, and you have to learn to
lose before you can learn to win!

That is the how it used to be done when I started playing in 1966.

Zerksies

OMG! Thank you for the laugh. They are not as you know. Mostly they are people that love playing pool and hate losing!

So they practice, they play better players than themselves, and you have to learn to
lose before you can learn to win!

That is the how it used to be done when I started playing in 1966.
I consider them the average pool player. I played in the APA decades ago I played in pool halls all the time and didn't know my speed to the outside world. I quickly capped out in the league.