LF Extension Bolt & Bumper

cuehobby

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Checking if someone is willing to just sell me the 3/8-16 weight bolt with a bumper that uses the 3/8-10 brass pin?
My location is FL
PM me
TIA

Attachments

• ext kit brass.jpg
    ext kit brass.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 42

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you already have a bumper?

That pin is a joint pin, not a weight.

If the end of your cue is tapped fairly deep for weight addition, you can use any steel 3/8" -16 socket set screw for adding weight. They come in lengths up to about 2" but are available in various lengths that can be stacked. Available in the specialty bolt drawers at any big box building supply store.

example, not necessarily recommendation: https://www.nutty.com/3-8-16-x-1-socket-set-screw-coarse-cup-point-alloy-steel-blk-ox/

dendweller

Do you already have a bumper?

That pin is a joint pin, not a weight.

If the end of your cue is tapped fairly deep for weight addition, you can use any steel 3/8" -16 socket set screw for adding weight. They come in lengths up to about 2" but are available in various lengths that can be stacked. Available in the specialty bolt drawers at any big box building supply store.

example, not necessarily recommendation: https://www.nutty.com/3-8-16-x-1-socket-set-screw-coarse-cup-point-alloy-steel-blk-ox/
I think he's just looking for another bumper to go with his extension. The bumper includes the aluminum bolt tapped for that qr pin with the rubber piece. The pin is a 3/8 10 quick release.
Cuefits sells stuff separately but I think all his are 5/16 14 qr. Unique sells the ones like he has, least I got one years ago that is like that.

cuehobby

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, I already have the extension. I just dont have the bumper with a built in 3/8-16 metal that screws into the cue; so I can use the extension.

chuckpilegis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you get a 3/8x10 pin to fit inside a 3/8x16 bolt? Dont seem like enough room. My Jacoby bumpers are 3/8x16 but the threads for their extension is much smaller.

dendweller

How do you get a 3/8x10 pin to fit inside a 3/8x16 bolt? Dont seem like enough room. My Jacoby bumpers are 3/8x16 but the threads for their extension is much smaller.
I believe because it's only 2 or 3 threads (qr) which is like a third of an inch, the rest is the pilot piece.
The extension itself has some bulk at the top that the rubber piece slips over.

The pic below is for 5/16 14 but that top part would fit 3/8 10 as well.

quickReleaseExtension.PNG

x Wild Bill x

Seeing as your annotated picture is from Prather, have you tried calling them to see if they will sell you just the bumper / plug insert? They sell the pins separately so I would think they would.

cuehobby

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Seeing as your annotated picture is from Prather, have you tried calling them to see if they will sell you just the bumper / plug insert? They sell the pins separately so I would think they would.
Thanks. Will give it a try.