Mission: Impossible TV Episode about Pool, Season 7 Episode 1: 'Break!' 1972

GentlemanJames

Caught a cool episode of Mission: Impossible last night from 1972, entitled: 'Break!'.

In short, the team uses a computer program and a remote controlled cue ball, to turn Jim Phelps into a world-class level pool player. It's quite a hoot to watch!

Also stars Robert (Wild Wild West) Conrad and Robert (Chester from SOAP) Mandan as guest stars. Much of the play is conducted on a pristine vintage Gold Crown. It's really funny to see which actors have actually handled a cue before and which have obviously not - as some of the actors actually demonstrate they have a 'stroke'; and others, very obviously not.

Best scenes are with Greg Morris secretly in the mobile computer van, talking to Phelps at the table, over his hidden ear-piece; and saying things like: "8-5 combination in the Corner Pocket, setting you up for the 9 in the side. I'll control the English from here..." LOL!!!

Loved it! - GJ

GentlemanJames

Found it at

Edit: Actually, this video is one of those cropped videos where they just crop out the center of the screen.

I probably caught the broadcast episode on MeTV or possible H&I; they are about the ONLY channels we watch in our home these days. - GJ

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Caught a cool episode of Mission: Impossible last night from 1972, entitled: 'Break!'.

In short, the team uses a computer program and a remote controlled cue ball, to turn Jim Phelps into a world-class level pool player. It's quite a hoot to watch!

Also stars Robert (Wild Wild West) Conrad and Robert (Chester from SOAP) Mandan as guest stars. Much of the play is conducted on a pristine vintage Gold Crown. It's really funny to see which actors have actually handled a cue before and which have obviously not - as some of the actors actually demonstrate they have a 'stroke'; and others, very obviously not.

Best scenes are with Greg Morris secretly in the mobile computer van, talking to Phelps at the table, over his hidden ear-piece; and saying things like: "8-5 combination in the Corner Pocket, setting you up for the 9 in the side. I'll control the English from here..." LOL!!!

Loved it! - GJ
They usually give it away that they aren’t familiar with pool….who the hell plays an ‘8-5 combo’?