PDA

View Full Version : One Pocket

1 Pocket Ghost
06-26-2008, 01:59 PM
I haven't been on the Canada forum before, so forgive me if this question has already been asked.....

I'm curious as to whether One Pocket is being played at all in Canada ? - eastern Canada, western Canada ?.....and if so, is it being played just a little or more than that ?......And if the great game of One Pocket is not being played up there yet, and you'all want to chip in and buy me a plane ticket and a place to stay, I'll come up there and give my northern brothers a One Pocket seminar......:eek: :)

supergreenman
06-26-2008, 05:04 PM
I haven't been on the Canada forum before, so forgive me if this question has already been asked.....

I'm curious as to whether One Pocket is being played at all in Canada ? - eastern Canada, western Canada ?.....and if so, is it being played just a little or more than that ?......And if the great game of One Pocket is not being played up there yet, and you'all want to chip in and buy me a plane ticket and a place to stay, I'll come up there and give my northern brothers a One Pocket seminar......:eek: :)

Yes sir, we play one hole here. It's not very big, but a lot of the more very serious players play the game on a regular basis.

I was trying to start a one pocket division for our league for summer, but I didn't get enough interest. Summer is a hard time to get players anyways. We've been cooped up all winter, it's hard to be in doors more than 1 or 2 nights a week.

srs314
06-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Ya it's not the most popular game here, most of our big tournaments are 9-Ball with a little 8-Ball but mostly at the league level.

Some of our players dable in it from time to time but mostly just for something different to play.

I love the game too and I wish it was bigger here!

DaveK
06-26-2008, 07:02 PM
I can't recall ever seeing one pocket being played around here.

Dave

Cameron Smith
06-26-2008, 07:41 PM
I can't recall ever seeing one pocket being played around here.

Dave

Same here,

Once in a very long while I will see someone playing 14.1. Never One Pocket. I wish there was more variety in the games played around here. I personally do not enjoy 9 ball at all. Start a 14.1, One Pocket or Rotation tournament and I'll be the first one to sign up.

johnnydub
07-01-2008, 11:01 AM
I have never seen anyone playing it around this area, I have to force my brother to play with me, and ive played a set or two with a hall manager once before.
I love the game but it seems no one around here has the patience for it

srs314
07-23-2008, 08:29 AM
How many people would play in a one pocket tournament if I held one? I would split it into two levels kind of like having both a Open and Amateur event.

Maybe the first couple hours we could match amateurs up with open players to practice and learn the game?

Let me know!!

D_Lewis
07-24-2008, 03:39 PM
How many people would play in a one pocket tournament if I held one? I would split it into two levels kind of like having both a Open and Amateur event.

Maybe the first couple hours we could match amateurs up with open players to practice and learn the game?

Let me know!!

As long as its not a break the bank cost, I'll play any game you can make up. Its supposed to be for fun, right?

Cameron Smith
07-24-2008, 08:07 PM

Let me know!!

Where would it be held?

I wouldn't travel very far for a one pocket tourney, but I would be a regular in weekly one pocket tournament if it was local to me.

srs314
07-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Dan,

Yes it would be a cheaper price for the amateur tournament like $25.

The pros would play in their own event and the entry would be between $50-$100.

srs314
07-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Where would it be held?

I wouldn't travel very far for a one pocket tourney, but I would be a regular in weekly one pocket tournament if it was local to me.

Cameron,

It would be in the Toronto area.

xpatcan1
07-25-2008, 07:33 AM

Let me know!!

i wana play right now!! when do we start??

Cuetips
07-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Let me know where and when, and I'll come
Walter

johnnydub
08-11-2008, 08:24 PM
i'm in as well

Danktrees
08-12-2008, 06:16 PM
i'm in for that too

1 Pocket Ghost
08-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Hey........I thought you Canadians were nice, polite people..:).....I'm the 'Yankee' that started this thread for you guys - I would have thought that one of you would have said thanks, or hello, or invited me up there, or sent me some beer, or something!.....:( :)

D_Lewis
08-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey........I thought you Canadians were nice, polite people..:).....I'm the 'Yankee' that started this thread for you guys - I would have thought that one of you would have said thanks, or hello, or invited me up there, or sent me some beer, or something!.....:( :)

Hi.... and you cant handle the beer!

Coming up for the tournament?

srs314
08-14-2008, 02:19 AM
You are always welcome to come up for a beer!

1 Pocket Ghost
08-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Hi.... and you cant handle the beer!

Coming up for the tournament?

You are always welcome to come up for a beer!

Thanks guys.......But unfortunately I'm about 12 hours from your area by car, so I don't know when I'll be making it up there.

1 Pocket Ghost
06-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Hello my northern brothers..:)...

I first posted up this thread 2 years ago :eek:, and I'm back 2 years later for an update...I'm wondering if One Pocket is being played up there more these days - has watching Alex P. and now John Morra playing the game at a high level sparked some more interest in the game up there?

- Ghost

1 Pocket Ghost
07-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Hello my northern brothers..:)...

I first posted up this thread 2 years ago :eek:, and I'm back 2 years later for an update...I'm wondering if One Pocket is being played up there more these days - has watching Alex P. and now John Morra playing the game at a high level sparked some more interest in the game up there?

- Ghost

Just wanted to say 'thanks' for all of the replies/answers (0) to my friendly post, after 8 days and 50-some views...:rolleyes:....you Canadians are sure a friendly, sociable bunch of guys, I'll have to come around this forum more often...:rolleyes:

djkx1
07-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Just wanted to say 'thanks' for all of the replies/answers (0) to my friendly post, after 8 days and 50-some views...:rolleyes:....you Canadians are sure a friendly, sociable bunch of guys, I'll have to come around this forum more often...:rolleyes:

I just saw this thread now and I certainly cant speak for Canadians in general but in the part of the country where I live (central), most of the pool players have never even heard of one pocket much less played the game. Alex Pagulayan, while he lived and played here, as well as John Morra and many other talented players live around Toronto which is about a 20ish hour drive from here.

I'm sure there are a few around here that play the game, but the vast majority of players play either bar box 8ball or play 9ball. There is basically nothing else to speak of when it comes to tournaments or leagues so thats what they play. No 14.1 or banks either, hardly any 10 ball for that matter. The 8ball league around here does quite well and has a lot of participation but for some reason that seems to be it.
After going to DCC and seeing the best banks and 1P players in person, not to mention some of the best straight pool players as well, I really wish people around here played the other games too. I've tried to get some guys to play other games but everyone seems to like what they know.

heit8
07-07-2010, 08:55 PM
No one really plays it around here either, but i did get a guy from my pool team addicted and now we play 1 hole and 10 ball the most, other than practising for our 8 ball league.
LOVE 1 hole truly wish more would play.

SpinDoctor
07-08-2010, 02:52 AM
We play some one hole in the Edmonton area, there are probably a dozen or so guys who play it regularly/well enough that they would be willing to gamble.

supergreenman
07-22-2010, 11:17 AM
We play some one hole in the Edmonton area, there are probably a dozen or so guys who play it regularly/well enough that they would be willing to gamble.

I rarely check in on this section, but I would concur with SpinDoctor says.

As for being friendly, if you ever make it up here the first beers on me.

seether
07-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Supergreenman is the one who certainley plays one pocket.I imagen it might be a fun game to learn.

SpinDoctor
07-25-2010, 02:19 PM
I rarely check in on this section, but I would concur with SpinDoctor says.

As for being friendly, if you ever make it up here the first beers on me.

Not sure if we have ever played one pocket against each other or not because I don't recognize your handle here but if you're ever looking to hit some balls feel free to shoot me a message.

SpinDoctor
07-25-2010, 02:21 PM

Thanks Ghost, we try to be a friendly bunch as a general rule. I actually enjoy reading some of your posts at the onepocket.org, some creative 3 railers there for sure. ;-)

seether
07-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Do you live in Edmonton?If you do i dont mine shooting a few balls on the table also,with you if you want.

SpinDoctor
07-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Do you live in Edmonton?If you do i dont mine shooting a few balls on the table also,with you if you want.

I'm always game for new action, shoot me a PM if you feel like playing. I haven't really been playing much lately but knock the dust off the cues occasionally.