PDA

View Full Version : Viking Tour Last Weekend Georgia

Johnnyt
03-01-2005, 05:28 PM
:confused: Anyone know why Helena Thornfeldt & Monica Webb never made it back Sun.? They both had won their matches Sat. Thanks.
Johnnyt

GeraldG
03-01-2005, 10:10 PM
:confused: Anyone know why Helena Thornfeldt & Monica Webb never made it back Sun.? They both had won their matches Sat. Thanks.
Johnnyt

They were out real late and said something about the hotel not giving them a wakeup call?

cueman
03-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Johnnyt
Best guess is the fact they were still playing the tournament after midnight and had to be back at 10am.

Johnnyt
03-01-2005, 10:41 PM
OK. TY both. Johnnyt

Drake
03-03-2005, 05:48 AM
I was the last one playing on Saturday night and finished around 2 AM. Monica was playing a couple of sets with the one of the guys from my hometown around 330 when I left......Helena had already left. I was very disappointed when neither of them showed up to play in the tourny at all on Sunday. Another guy from my hometown had bought Monica in the Calcutta....How do you think he feels?? I was looking forward to seeing David Broxson playing Helena. But my real question is.....How do you get to the final 16 on the winners side of a 127 player tourny and then just forfeit out....When you make a living by playing pool?? I can understand if you are in action with somebody where you can win more than the tourny winner or a family emergency comes up.

On a side note, This was my first Viking Tourny I've ever been to or played in.....Mike Janis does a very professional job and it was one of the best tournaments I've ever played in. It helps that I finished 13th to 16th....LOL. I could see where Mike could have a dominating National Tour.