PDA

View Full Version : Fury Midwest Amatuer 9-Ball Tour

wayne hancock
03-03-2005, 11:52 PM
Help:

My friend and I would like to play at Kalamazoo in April but want to be sure that we are allowed to play...

Have sent email to SnookerSandy and left message at the phone # given and have yet to have any reply.

We are based in Toronto, Ontario - so it is a long drive (close to 8 hour)..

We do not want to drive that far and because they don't know our speed...they don't allow us to play...

We are doing this for a get-a-way weekend...there has been a lot of snow this year...by the first of April...we hope the good weather is on the way...and this is our way to welcome spring...

Does anyone know another way to get a hold of these people....

thanks.....Wayne in Toronto

vapoolplayer
03-04-2005, 01:57 AM
Help:

My friend and I would like to play at Kalamazoo in April but want to be sure that we are allowed to play...

Have sent email to SnookerSandy and left message at the phone # given and have yet to have any reply.

We do not want to drive that far and because they don't know our speed...they don't allow us to play...

We are doing this for a get-a-way weekend...there has been a lot of snow this year...by the first of April...we hope the good weather is on the way...and this is our way to welcome spring...

if you're not on the bca pro list they'll probably let you play. you can also contact kay, she owns the fury tour. her email address is on the fury tour website, i don't remember the url right off hand. if you need it let me know and i'll find it for you.

thanks

VAP

StormHotRod300
03-04-2005, 04:09 AM
Wayne,

I have talked to Sandy personally about who they let in and who they dont.

Sandy told me they wont let guys like Jason KirkWood play or Rick Schoder, or Juan Garcia. I think for the Fury Tour, they limit the players to the ones rated at the A level. Try Emailing Sandy again, i know when i emailed her, she got right back with me the same nite. But she might also be out on the road.

Also if your interested, Wayne, the pool hall i goto in April is also holding a Open 9ball tournament, on 7ft tables. But then you also hafta deal with Jason, and Juan too. The last time it was held it was 50$, race to 9winner side and 7 on the 1 loss side. They do a calcutta too. Normally starts about noon.

dave

poolbiz420
03-04-2005, 06:27 AM
Hi wayne, I've been playing on the tour, and it's still up in the air who Sandy lets in. If you go to www.furytour.com it'll give you the criteria you have to meet to play. The only bad thing for you guys is it'll cost you $80 for the tournament. ($40 Tour card, $40 Tournament). There has been 35 players at the first on and 45 at the second so the turn out has been good. Hope you can make down.

KBP
03-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Help:

Well guys you got my attention:
This is Kay, owner of the Amateur 9-Ball tour you are writing about. First i would like to thank you for your inquiry about our events. We seem to be growing by leaps and bounds. I just need more honest tournament directors all over the US and (maybe ) Canada too. The criteria is that no pros or top tour regional players be allowed. If you are on the BCA list then we can discuss your eligilibilty. We use the BCA list as a guide line but we also look at the individuals too. Sometimes its the luck of the draw or the roll of the balls that places you places. If you have more question you can call me toll free at 877-328-7449 or email me at kbp_amateur9-ball@gate.net. I will also contact Sandy and let her know that we are checking you to see if you can play or not. Send or call me with your name and we can get back to each other and figure out where you belong. Again thanks for the inquiry and I will look forward to hearing from you.
Kay Higgins

wayne hancock
03-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Thx for all who answered our inquiry...

To Valpoolplayer - found the info you mentioned...Kay has also answered - we are not on the pro list...(wish I was dream on)..

To StormHotRod300 - did we get Sandy's email addy correct..will try again...as we are mainly snooker players...the 7 footers don't really interest us...thx..the event at your local is the kind of event we are trying to get away from...

To PoolBiz420 - look forward to meeting you...am sure that we will learn from you...

To Kay....will email you...and try Sandy again...we think our speed is about a B level....

Once again thanks very much for all you help and suggestions....

Wayne in Toronto...

wayne hancock
03-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Hi:

Have talked with Kay (btw...a real nice lady)..and we were ok'd to play in Kalamazoo...

Haven't heard from Sandy but thats ok...will see her on April 2nd....

Once again...thx...for all the help...

poolbiz420...look forward to our meeting...

bye for now...Wayne in Toronto