PDA

View Full Version : WebCam

Muxy
03-04-2005, 02:23 PM
I was wondering what kind of software do i need, i am thinking of setting up a webcam for the front table at my pool hall, or have thougth about it to record myself. Is there software so i can host and broadcast it to the internet I am sure there is because i have seen some pool halls do it.

TheFish
03-04-2005, 11:57 PM
If you buy the logitech webcams, mot of them come with software that automatically sets your cam up as a broadcaster so you can continuously have a live feed from your pool hall to the internet. THey use their own servers to host your camera's images. You can do it without a logitech cam, but for simplicity's sake, i suggest you go and purchase their brand, and make sure their software bundle includes somethign that permits that. I am not sure if its standard with all their cams, but i am quite sure its standard with their more expensive cams:)

Regards.

jazzn4444
03-05-2005, 01:50 AM
I was wondering what kind of software do i need, i am thinking of setting up a webcam for the front table at my pool hall, or have thougth about it to record myself. Is there software so i can host and broadcast it to the internet I am sure there is because i have seen some pool halls do it.

which pool halls have a webcam set up? we were thinking of putting one in near me and I wanted to see some examples.

Muxy
03-05-2005, 07:50 AM
One guy posted four feeds to hius pool hall, i cant remember he just opened it up a couple months ago. I might for now just bring my cheap webcam, aand just record myself.