PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Allen videos?

macneilb
08-07-2008, 12:40 PM
hey guys, i was wondering if anyone here knew where to find any videos of Ronnie Allen...the older the better:cool:

jay helfert
08-07-2008, 12:57 PM
I have the DVD of Ronnie's match with Danny Diliberto from 1988. It was a $20,000 One Pocket Challenge match. Send me your e-mail for info.

stikapos
08-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Jay, I have the video, which I believe was edited. Is the DVD the full version ?

tim

p.s. Its one of the greatest matches of all time. Really.

ragbug74
08-07-2008, 01:02 PM
IMO, you should order a copy of this match from Jay. I have it and although Danny and Ronnie were both past their "prime" when this was played, both played some incredible one-hole and executed some amazing shots. The version Jay has is edited so you see shot after shot without the "thinking" time between shots.

BTW...Jay, did you ever run across the long, unedited version? I'd really like to get that version to see all the moving and thinking.

stikapos
08-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Past their prime ??? I have to respectfully disagree! Goodness, if I could only have a "past my prime" like them and play one hole like them in this match! OMG!

tim

jay helfert
08-07-2008, 01:07 PM
I do have the full length version of the match on DVD. It is nearly ten hours and will fit on five DVD's. I'm not sure what I would charge to make copies.

The edited DVD is nearly three hours long and has all the best shots and moves. I've cut out all the time between shots and racks. And some extended safety play is also left out. All the best offensive moves are on there.

Actually Ronnie and Danny played VERY well. It may be the last time Ronnie was fully on his game. For info on how to order, jayhelfert@yahoo.com

ragbug74
08-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Guys, the "past their prime" comment was in no way a shot at either player. Yes, I'd be a happy man with a game anywhere near what these gentlemen played. It is a great match full of great shots and well worth obtaining and watching.

mosconiac
08-07-2008, 02:20 PM
I bought a copy of Jay's DVD a year or so ago and it's worth every penny. It's neat to see how different the game is today. Some may say there were better "movers" back then, but these guys didn't forget to fire at their hole either!

Some shots of yesteryear are not possible with today's equipment. Here's an example of one that was used a couple of times in this match, but can't be made today...AFAIK anyway.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AUNM1PCAW2UUNM2Uasf2UEGn1UcHP3Uafh4Ubrj1kCAW2kS BG3qQWdModern_cloth_won't_let_you_come_in_"short"_enough_to_make_the_pocket...the_OB_will_slide_lon g_and_hit_the_end_rail_which_tends_to_leave_a_cros s-corner_for_your_opponent.&ZZ@

xianmacx
08-07-2008, 02:39 PM
no questions, get the unedited copy. 2 of the all time best talkers of the game. The verbal bickering is almost as good as the one pocket.