PDA

View Full Version : Instroke case problem...anyone else?

CueHunter
03-05-2005, 08:05 AM
This baffled me for a week or two but I finally figured it out. I have a 2 x 4 Instroke case. I always keep my playing shaft and my break cue shaft in the front 2 shaft slots and the back two for my extra playing shaft and jump shaft. I started to notice that my playing cue had some scratches or small dents. Too deep to sand out so i used a wet cloth and ironed them out smooth. A few days later...they were back! Did it again...back again. So i put that shaft in the back and started playing with my extra shaft...few days later...scratches and dents....in the same damn spot as the other shaft. Something one of the shaft sleeves is doing this. I believe it is a rivet that has poked through and when the shaft bounces around...voila...problem found not solved. Does Instroke stand behind their product? It is about a year old so I am guessing not. Anyone have this happen? Thanks.

NOSAJ03
03-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Ive never heard this happen to anyone with an instroke case but Ive heard of it happen with the cheap knockoffs. John Barton the former owner of Instroke used to post on these boards but I havent seen him in a while. Stand up guy and willing to help anyone with a case problem. His website is cuecaserepair.com Get in touch with him and he'll help out.

cuejoey
03-05-2005, 09:13 AM
This baffled me for a week or two but I finally figured it out. I have a 2 x 4 Instroke case. I always keep my playing shaft and my break cue shaft in the front 2 shaft slots and the back two for my extra playing shaft and jump shaft. I started to notice that my playing cue had some scratches or small dents. Too deep to sand out so i used a wet cloth and ironed them out smooth. A few days later...they were back! Did it again...back again. So i put that shaft in the back and started playing with my extra shaft...few days later...scratches and dents....in the same damn spot as the other shaft. Something one of the shaft sleeves is doing this. I believe it is a rivet that has poked through and when the shaft bounces around...voila...problem found not solved. Does Instroke stand behind their product? It is about a year old so I am guessing not. Anyone have this happen? Thanks.
i agree with the other poster