PDA

View Full Version : Dominic Jentsch, the 16-year kid from Germany, playing LIVE right now

Roy Steffensen
08-08-2008, 04:17 AM
http://www.regiowebtv.info/streamplayers/Pool/pooltest.html table nr 6

the 16-year old German wonderboy is now playing live on tv-table nr 4 at the European Pool Championship. It's straight pool race to 100, in the youth division.

Thought it could be interesting for all of us who haven't seen him play yet...

Blackjack
08-08-2008, 04:28 AM
http://www.regiowebtv.info/streamplayers/Pool/pooltest.html table nr 6

the 16-year old German wonderboy is now playing live on tv-table nr 4 at the European Pool Championship. It's straight pool race to 100, in the youth division.

Thought it could be interesting for all of us who haven't seen him play yet...

It looks like he's pulling away and turning on the afterburners. DeWit was able to clear away that first rack but he missed that break ball. He may not shoot again.

Dominic is very strong physically and mentally, and he runs good patterns. I'm looking forward to watching this kid a lot. He's a champion!

Roy Steffensen
08-08-2008, 04:30 AM
It's such a joy to watch him play. Nice steady pace.

Roy Steffensen
08-08-2008, 04:31 AM
Score should be 27-16 now. They don't seem to update on this table...

Blackjack
08-08-2008, 04:36 AM
Score should be 27-16 now. They don't seem to update on this table...

Yes - I know what you mean. Dominic ran around 30 - DeWit has the open table. Both players are very good. DeWit looks very nervous - but he seems to be settling down and concentrating very well. This will be a good match.

Roy Steffensen
08-08-2008, 04:36 AM
He got a unlucky roll and was forced to shoot a ball he didn't want, and he missed.

Score 31-16, with the Dutchman on the table.

Blackjack: what do you think about the tournament? All diciplines, 700 players, broadcasting live on internet, etc.. What is needed to do it like this in US? (The only thing EC need is big pricemoney....)

Ste
08-08-2008, 04:37 AM
Hope he plays better than his first round match yesterday.
I lost money on that one :(

JimS
08-08-2008, 04:44 AM
The scratch was ...... silly. Thanks for the link and info. The music seems awfully loud! I was surprised they even had it on and don't understand why they would. Who, what demographic, wants it?

Ste
08-08-2008, 04:49 AM
He got a unlucky roll and was forced to shoot a ball he didn't want, and he missed.

Blackjack: what do you think about the tournament? All diciplines, 700 players, broadcasting live on internet, etc.. What is needed to do it like this in US? (The only thing EC need is big pricemoney....)

Roy - The EC needs a lot of things (albeit small)... but lets just start with MONEY, before we go into big money. Remember there's no prize money here.

Roy Steffensen
08-08-2008, 04:51 AM
Roy - The EC needs a lot of things (albeit small)... but lets just start with MONEY, before we go into big money. Remember there's no prize money here.

I know. But it's still better organized than any other tournaments I have ever been to, including World Championship.

It's perfect for spectators to watch the action, both in the arena and on the web.

Blackjack
08-08-2008, 04:52 AM

What would it take to have something like this in the US?

Put some money into the prize fund - and we need to start developing well rounded players. Over here everything is 9 ball or 10 ball. 14.1 is making a resurgence, and that can only help the younger players like Landon, Justin Bergman, and others.

The European and Asian players are strong in every discipline - and speaking of discipline - the European players train like athletes - I mean look at Dominic, Thorsten, and Niels.

Thorsten has made a good move to go back to the training regimen that brought him a lot of success in the past. For a while he was little distracted, but his recent training program has gotten him back into shape physically and mentally.

FWIW, I saw Marcus Chamat walk by the camera before. He looked as if he was exhausted. Too much traveling I guess.

I am pulling for Ralf and Niels to win the 14.1 - that would be an awesome final! Ralf is my friend, but my favorite player to watch is Niels. Power and precision combined with strength. Niels has always finished strong in this tournament - and I think this will be his warm up for the World Championship.

Roy Steffensen
08-08-2008, 04:59 AM
What would it take to have something like this in the US?

Put some money into the prize fund - and we need to start developing well rounded players. Over here everything is 9 ball or 10 ball. 14.1 is making a resurgence, and that can only help the younger players like Landon, Justin Bergman, and others.

The European and Asian players are strong in every discipline - and speaking of discipline - the European players train like athletes - I mean look at Dominic, Thorsten, and Niels.

Thorsten has made a good move to go back to the training regimen that brought him a lot of success in the past. For a while he was little distracted, but his recent training program has gotten him back into shape physically and mentally.

FWIW, I saw Marcus Chamat walk by the camera before. He looked as if he was exhausted. Too much traveling I guess.

I am pulling for Ralf and Niels to win the 14.1 - that would be an awesome final! Ralf is my friend, but my favorite player to watch is Niels. Power and precision combined with strength. Niels has always finished strong in this tournament - and I think this will be his warm up for the World Championship.

Last year I watched Thorsten Hohmann play Niels Feijen. I think it was in the quarterfinal.

Hohmann opened, Feijen was so focused when he was running balls. Everyone knew that Hohmann had like 3 100+ runs earlier in the tournament, and knew that if Feijen missed Thorsten would start run balls.

In a race to 125 Feijen scratched when he had made 115 balls, so the score was 114-0. Everyone in the audience went dead quiet and watch Hohmann starting on his run. This was the match that should have been the final, and everyone knew it, including the players. It was so tense out there.

Hohmann did, unfortunately for him, scratch at 55 something, and Feijen cleared the table for the win.

Feijen proceed to become European Straight Pool Champion for the 4th time during the last 6 years. AMAZING.

No doubt that Feijen and Hohmann are the best 14-1 players in Europe. It was fantastic to watch them play last year, and I hope they put up a great show this year too.

Ralf is not far behind from those two, neither is Ortmann or Mika.

Watch out for Norwegian Vegar Kristiansen, who has a high run of 267 ;)

Blackjack
08-08-2008, 05:08 AM
Mika is playing very strong right now.

Niels is my pick to win - every year he gets stronger. I am currently working on some commentary of his 130 ball at DCC and he is just a pleasure to watch. There is so much to learn from watching him pick the balls apart.

If Thorsten settles down and gets into a groove, he is also dangerous.

I watched Ralf's match yesterday afternoon - he was incredible as always (don't tell him I said that). lol

If anybody is able to keep me updated on the score for Marcus Juva's match with Dimitri Jungo (on table 5) - I was hoping to see that match, but no coverage of Table 5 -

Go Markus!

Fast Lenny
08-08-2008, 05:10 AM
This is awesome seeing pool being broadcast like this,I have seen so far besides the states it broadcast from the Phillippines and also Japan,I hope it catches on so we have something if not several to choose from everyday! :thumbup:

Roy Steffensen
08-08-2008, 05:11 AM

Niels is my pick to win - every year he gets stronger. I am currently working on some commentary of his 130 ball at DCC and he is just a pleasure to watch. There is so much to learn from watching him pick the balls apart.

I watched Ralf's match yesterday afternoon - he was incredible as always (don't tell him I said that). lol

If anybody is able to keep me updated on the score for Marcus Juva's match with Dimitri Jungo (on table 5) - I was hoping to see that match, but no coverage of Table 5 -

Go Markus!

http://www.europeanpoolchampionships.com/scoreboard.asp

13 - -2. Dimitri in the lead.

Have you watched Niels 259 run on his website? The only reason he missed was because he started to chat with people when they were racking the balls. He didn't focus 100 % anymore...

Roy Steffensen
08-08-2008, 05:13 AM
Btw, if you get a chance to watch German Thomas Luttich play, take your time and do so.

He is 18/19 years old, and he plays fantastic pool. He has a great rhytm, pace and is one of my favourite's to watch. He has the potential of becoming the next big thing from Germany.

Ste
08-08-2008, 05:14 AM

Go Markus!

I'll try and update on the other thread - but keep checking back on the webcams, they're having some network lag issues on the internal network (not the streaming feed). Table 5 webcam will come back.

Fast Lenny
08-08-2008, 05:15 AM
I think I just saw a guy rack the balls without a rack,unless I just need to go to bed as its past 5am. :confused:

Roy Steffensen
08-08-2008, 05:16 AM
hehe, FL, the tables are tapped so the balls are complety frozen to eachoher. Small dents in the cloth, and balls are placed perfect. Perfect rack everytime, and it goes real quick to rack.

Blackjack
08-08-2008, 05:17 AM
Thanks Ste!

I just looked over the brackets and I didn't see Jasmin's name anywhere.

She isn't playing this year?

Wow.

Roy Steffensen
08-08-2008, 05:18 AM
Jasmin is playing the women's division. Seeded first in the 14-1 division...

Jasmin's profile. Can be found on www.europeanpoolchampionships.com, in the menu, meet the players

http://www.europeanpoolchampionships.com/playerprofile.asp?playerid=142

Blackjack
08-08-2008, 05:20 AM
Jasmin is playing the women's division. Seeded first in the 14-1 division...

I just found it, thanks!

Good win for Dominic!

100-33

Strong!

Fast Lenny
08-08-2008, 05:23 AM
hehe, FL, the tables are tapped so the balls are complety frozen to eachoher. Small dents in the cloth, and balls are placed perfect. Perfect rack everytime, and it goes real quick to rack.
Very cool,I just was making sure I wasnt seeing things as I know I should be sleeping and give my brain and body some rest,lol. :)

onepocket1
08-08-2008, 05:28 AM
He has great fundamentals- very solid!
Thank You for the information on this tournament.
Ken

Ste
08-08-2008, 05:35 AM
He has great fundamentals- very solid!
Thank You for the information on this tournament.
Ken

Hi OP,

We have two threads on this... Roy and I are posting to both (I think), unless Roy is watching the Olympics opening ceremony ;)

lol

Blackjack
08-08-2008, 05:38 AM
There is a nailbiter on Table 1 between Kinga Stawarz and Darya Sirotina.

A good 14.1 safety battle!

Ste
08-08-2008, 05:43 AM
There is a nailbiter on Table 1 between Kinga Stawarz and Darya Sirotina.

A good 14.1 safety battle!

Have you got table 5 back yet ?

JimS
08-08-2008, 06:55 AM
What is the time difference between here and there? Here being CDT.

Roy Steffensen
08-08-2008, 07:03 AM
Right now the time is 16:00 in Europe.

The matches that were supposed to start at 1530 will start as soon as the draw for the single elimination has been done.