PDA

View Full Version : boy's night out with joe c, tony z, 8-ball rat & koop

guycrunch
08-08-2008, 04:23 AM
had a great time last night at country club in chelmsford. beside the regulars, myself, joe callaluca, and tony zinzola, we met up with mark raymond (8-ball rat), dave koopman (koop), and dave's friend paul. we all had a great night of pool, drinks, and talking about and looking at cues. and it was great seeing mark again and meeting koop and paul. thanx all for a nice night out.

guy

HIRUN526
08-08-2008, 05:10 AM
Hello Guy,

Sounds like you boys are livin high on the hog.....fancy pool cues,shooting pool,cocktails.......

It appears you failed to send out additional invitations.

Scott

guycrunch
08-08-2008, 05:19 AM
Hello Guy,

Sounds like you boys are livin high on the hog.....fancy pool cues,shooting pool,cocktails.......

It appears you failed to send out additional invitations.

Scott

scott, i'm 5 minutes from the pool hall, you have an open invitation anytime you are up in this part of the country to stop in. but you have to bring the gambler cue (my favorite gambler cue) as well as a few more to look at. if not, we'll settle for next march at valley forge, i can't wait.

guy

ScottR
08-08-2008, 06:36 AM
Koop told me he was hooking up with 8-ball Rat. Didn't know the party was going to be that big.

Sounds like a great time.

p.s. Watch that Koop. He's a sandbagger. :grin:

Koop
08-08-2008, 06:47 AM
Koop told me he was hooking up with 8-ball Rat. Didn't know the party was going to be that big.

Sounds like a great time.

p.s. Watch that Koop. He's a sandbagger. :grin:

Shhhh :grin:

Great time guys and we will have to it again sometime. Beer and pool, how can you go wrong?

8-ball Rat
08-08-2008, 06:58 AM
Had a blast. It was great to see Guy and Joe C again. It was a real pleasure to meet Koop, Paul, and Tony, too.

Hope we can do it again real soon. THAT is what pool is all about for me.....a ton of fun.

Thanks to all who came out!!

Steve Ellis
08-08-2008, 07:16 AM
Let me know next time you have a get together, my work week condo is only 25 minutes from Country Club in NH. Joe knows my email.
Would have loved to have shown off my new Barnhart, Joe C saw it Wednesday night.
Also would have like to meet Tony Z.

Koop's friend Paul? Not Paul B?

Koop
08-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Let me know next time you have a get together, my work week condo is only 25 minutes from Country Club in NH. Joe knows my email.
Would have loved to have shown off my new Barnhart, Joe C saw it Wednesday night.
Also would have like to meet Tony Z.

Koop's friend Paul? Not Paul B?

No, Paul R from my team. Next time we will definitely let you know.

Koop
08-08-2008, 07:21 AM
Had a blast. It was great to see Guy and Joe C again. It was a real pleasure to meet Koop, Paul, and Tony, too.

Hope we can do it again real soon. THAT is what pool is all about for me.....a ton of fun.

Thanks to all who came out!!

I will definitely let you know if it looks like we can get together again before you head out.

Had a blast man and it was great to meet you.

8-ball Rat
08-08-2008, 07:35 AM
I will definitely let you know if it looks like we can get together again before you head out.

Had a blast man and it was great to meet you.
Likewise, sir. Next time, I'll need the 5 from ya!! ;)

By all means...let me know if you're available sometime before next Friday. Give Paul my regards. I'll take the 5 from him, too!!

Koop
08-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Likewise, sir. Next time, I'll need the 5 from ya!! ;)

By all means...let me know if you're available sometime before next Friday. Give Paul my regards. I'll take the 5 from him, too!!

Oh sure, and Scott called me a sandbagger...LOL

guycrunch
08-08-2008, 07:41 AM
maybe next thursday night???????

guy

Koop
08-08-2008, 08:06 AM

guy

Hmmm, maybe. I'll see what I can do to get back up there.

stikapos
08-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Mark, what happened ? Did you take a left turn at Stafford ? Seriously, you should have let me know you were up here.

tim

Steve Ellis
08-08-2008, 08:55 AM

guy

I'm game.
Steve. <== Maybe he'll work at home next Friday!

Rodney
08-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Well, I was supposed to go, but I bailed, and settled for an LARGE hot fudge sunday:sorry: . If you all get together again, let me know, as I can usually make it.

Rodney

Koop
08-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Well, I was supposed to go, but I bailed, and settled for an LARGE hot fudge sunday:sorry: . If you all get together again, let me know, as I can usually make it.

Rodney

Let's shoot for next Thursday. It's fun and plenty of tables to play on.

Steve Ellis
08-08-2008, 11:32 AM
... It's fun and plenty of tables to play on.

Not to mention I won't be on call for work, woohoo. I had to bail out on league Wednesday.

Which side do you go on, the bar side or the other? Right or left when you come up the stairs? What time would this be happening?

guycrunch
08-08-2008, 11:39 AM
it's the room with the bar to the left at the top of the stairs. joe's been out deep sea fishing all day, wait till he comes home tonite and reads this thread. there is a great 9-ball tournament there going on at the same time for anyone who is interested, $20 entry fee and double elimination with some good players. the tourney starts at 7:00 but we can show up anytime if you don't play in that.

guy

8-ball Rat
08-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Next Thursday.....I'm IN!!! Great way to seal up the trip here, I think.

Come one, come all. The more, the merrier, in my opinion.

Mark, what happened ? Did you take a left turn at Stafford ? Seriously, you should have let me know you were up here.

tim

Tim - my apologies, sir. Come on out to Country Club on Thursday!! Sounds like a couple guys will be there!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

thepavlos, Chenz, others in MA....are you listening??!??!!??!! Thursday night a CC USA in Chelmsford....come on down/up/over!!!

George
08-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Next Thursday.....I'm IN!!! Great way to seal up the trip here, I think.

Come one, come all. The more, the merrier, in my opinion.

Tim - my apologies, sir. Come on out to Country Club on Thursday!! Sounds like a couple guys will be there!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

thepavlos, Chenz, others in MA....are you listening??!??!!??!! Thursday night a CC USA in Chelmsford....come on down/up/over!!!
I might make the ride up for this.....:grin:

Rodney
08-08-2008, 04:27 PM
I can definately make it. Look forward to meeting all of you.

Rodney

Koop
08-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Well, I am now no longer a definite. My buddy just called and invited me to the Sox game on Thursday night. Not positive yet but if I can't make it have a blast everyone.

pbat2751
08-08-2008, 06:16 PM
I'll be there on Thursday since all you a-holes lost my number. lol

I can donate just as well as the next hack.

P.S.

Koop pass along my number to the other Paul if he want to go. Last I knew he lives around the corner from my work.

Koop
08-08-2008, 06:30 PM
I'll be there on Thursday since all you a-holes lost my number. lol

I can donate just as well as the next hack.

P.S.

Koop pass along my number to the other Paul if he want to go. Last I knew he lives around the corner from my work.

PM your number and I will get it to him. Lost my phone a while back and I am still trying to get peoples numbers in the new one.

8-ball Rat
08-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Well, I am now no longer a definite. My buddy just called and invited me to the Sox game on Thursday night. Not positive yet but if I can't make it have a blast everyone.
Koop --- Unacceptable!!! You can watch the Sox lose on TV at the poolroom. No need to see it first hand!!! :) :)

Bump to the top, ya'll. This has all the makings of a great meeting. Sounds like it's gonna be a great time, and a chance to meet up with quite a few AZBers outside of the internet realm.

Koop
08-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Koop --- Unacceptable!!! You can watch the Sox lose on TV at the poolroom. No need to see it first hand!!! :) :)

Bump to the top, ya'll. This has all the makings of a great meeting. Sounds like it's gonna be a great time, and a chance to meet up with quite a few AZBers outside of the internet realm.

LOL, good point. I haven't fully committed yet but the odds of me showing are less than 50% :(

8-ball Rat
08-09-2008, 04:34 PM
LOL, good point. I haven't fully committed yet but the odds of me showing are less than 50% :(
Only slightly stronger than the odds of the Sox winning that game you wanna go to..... ;)

Rodney
08-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Is everyone playing in the tourny? If so, then I'll play too, but the last time I played was with Koop in Providence, so I'm a bye:( .

8-ball Rat
08-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Is everyone playing in the tourny? If so, then I'll play too, but the last time I played was with Koop in Providence, so I'm a bye:( .
I'm not playing the tourney...I'm just there to knock 'em around with the AZB crew.

guycrunch
08-09-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm not playing the tourney...I'm just there to knock 'em around with the AZB crew.

i'm not playing the tourney either. i think some of the tourney regulars will be at turningstone. any more local az-ers want to meet up this thursday?

guy

catscradle
08-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Probably no tournament for me as well.

spw62
08-10-2008, 05:10 AM
:welcome: had a great time last night at country club in chelmsford. beside the regulars, myself, joe callaluca, and tony zinzola, we met up with mark raymond (8-ball rat), dave koopman (koop), and dave's friend paul. we all had a great night of pool, drinks, and talking about and looking at cues. and it was great seeing mark again and meeting koop and paul. thanx all for a nice night out.

guy
Thanks for stopping in guys it was great to see you all.
I hope you guys can make it in again soon and mabe even play in the tournament. Joe Callaluca got in on the tournament action and WoW he not only makes a great Cue he knows how to use it to, Nice Shooting Joe:thumbup:

Thursday Night 9 Ball
$100 Added Tournament
Tournament starts at 7:00 PM
Free Practice 6:00 PM
$20.00 Entry Fee

Double Elimination
* Race to 5 - ("A" Players) Top Players
* Race to 4 - (Lower Ranked Players)

Every Week the house will add $100. cash Based on 32 Players, Tell all your friends to Meet you at Country Club Billiards on Thursday Night @ 7pm
SPECTATORS WELCOME

COUNTRY CLUB BILLIARDS
67 Parkhurst rd
Chelmsford Ma,01824
978-934-9700

pbat2751
08-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Probably no tournament for me as well.

Sounds like a plan

nasc
08-12-2008, 07:01 AM
Do you guys mind if I crash the party?
Glen

Steve Ellis
08-12-2008, 07:16 AM
Do you guys mind if I crash the party?
Glen
Well, it isn't my party, but I say of course not. Who's party is it anyway? :smile:

guycrunch
08-12-2008, 07:16 AM
the more the merrier, bring your friends!! see you there glen.

guy

Koop
08-12-2008, 07:39 AM
Ok dammit, I finally get some tickets to the Sox game and see what I miss :frown:

Mark, it was great to meet you buddy and sorry I won't be able to make it.

To everyone else: We should try to do this maybe once a month. It sounds like we can get a good group and maybe start up our own mini-Az tournaments? Nothing crazy, keep it fun, but something to make it worth while. I don't mind donating.

I'd say I would play in the regular tourament but I highly doubt I could get there in time.

Just a thought and wish I could join you guys.

Regards,
Koop

Steve Ellis
08-12-2008, 08:04 AM

To everyone else: We should try to do this maybe once a month. It sounds like we can get a good group and maybe start up our own mini-Az tournaments? Nothing crazy, keep it fun, but something to make it worth while. I don't mind donating...

Regards,
Koop

Koop, Don't let this go to your head :smile:, but GREAT idea. Thursday is the perfect night for me.

Cornerman
08-12-2008, 08:07 AM

guy
Sigh..... Thursdays are always bad for me. But, maybe. What's the tournament like on Thursday? What time?

Fred <~~~ anti social

BTW, you guys need to check this thread: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=109157

Koop
08-12-2008, 08:13 AM
Koop, Don't let this go to your head :smile:, but GREAT idea. Thursday is the perfect night for me.

Nah, I have too many people who keep me in check buddy :wink:

But I do think it would be great.

Steve Ellis
08-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Sigh..... Thursdays are always bad for me. But, maybe. What's the tournament like on Thursday? What time?

Fred <~~~ anti social

BTW, you guys need to check this thread: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=109157
Fred,
I've never played in, but people who have tell me the talent is pretty sporty. A couple of people who play on the Joss Tour I believe. See the post above, it starts at 7:00 with free table time starting at 6:00.
Hookup with Jim and come along.
Steve.

guycrunch
08-12-2008, 10:03 AM
i believe some of the tournament regulars will be at turning stone this week. fred, it would be great to have you come on thursday.

guy

8-ball Rat
08-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Ok dammit, I finally get some tickets to the Sox game and see what I miss :frown:

Mark, it was great to meet you buddy and sorry I won't be able to make it.

To everyone else: We should try to do this maybe once a month. It sounds like we can get a good group and maybe start up our own mini-Az tournaments? Nothing crazy, keep it fun, but something to make it worth while. I don't mind donating.

I'd say I would play in the regular tourament but I highly doubt I could get there in time.

Just a thought and wish I could join you guys.

Regards,
Koop
That's a shame, Koop....although I'm not 100% sure I can make it now, either. I'd love to...but I got a couple things in the works right now, and Thursday night might not be possible, anymore.

If there's any way I can go...even for just a few minutes to do the "grip and grin" with all the AZB types...I sure will. Won't know, for sure, until that day, though.

8-ball Rat
08-14-2008, 06:10 AM
BUMP IT UP!!!

I will be there tonight...and looking forward to seeing the "regulars" again...and meeting a few more AZB types.

How about we try to use this thread and get a solid "head count" of those coming out to CC USA.

So far...I know that guy, joe_c, and I will be there. Who else is a definite???

pbat2751
08-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Cats and myself will be there

8-ball Rat
08-14-2008, 06:54 AM
Somebody bring a camera!!!

Tony Zinzola
08-14-2008, 07:24 AM
I don't think I will be there. My wife has some sort of Java conference tonight (maybe that's her code for a date), so I have to watch our daughter.

She said she should be home around 9. If she's home by then, maybe I'll drive up. If she's not home before 10, I won't bother.

Cornerman
08-14-2008, 07:27 AM
BUMP IT UP!!!

I will be there tonight...and looking forward to seeing the "regulars" again...and meeting a few more AZB types.

How about we try to use this thread and get a solid "head count" of those coming out to CC USA.

So far...I know that guy, joe_c, and I will be there. Who else is a definite???
I can't make it. I actually can, but I'd have to blow off other people. So, if you guys try to make it a regular thing, I'll be sure to come up to future ones. Maybe I'll carpool with Rodney.

Fred

guycrunch
08-14-2008, 11:39 AM
I don't think I will be there. My wife has some sort of Java conference tonight (maybe that's her code for a date), so I have to watch our daughter.

She said she should be home around 9. If she's home by then, maybe I'll drive up. If she's not home before 10, I won't bother.

do you want me to bring the haley???

guy

Tony Zinzola
08-14-2008, 12:34 PM
If you're going to give it to me, then sure. I'll make sure I make it.

catscradle
08-14-2008, 01:54 PM
I can't make it. I actually can, but I'd have to blow off other people. So, if you guys try to make it a regular thing, I'll be sure to come up to future ones. Maybe I'll carpool with Rodney.

Fred

Damn geeks.:) Java isn't a language anyway, c++ is a language. :rolleyes:

Steve. <== Programming for 30++ years, no more conferences for me.

Tony Zinzola
08-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Not looking good for me. I just got off the phone with my wife and asked what time her meeting was over and she said she thinks 8:30. It's 45 minutes to an hour from here and it's 30-40 minutes for me to get to Chelmsford. She'll be in Burlington. Maybe I'll send her.

Rodney
08-14-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm a definate, I'll make it a pit stop on my way to the beach! I should be there by 7.

Fred, we can definately work something out on carpooling.

Rodney

guycrunch
08-14-2008, 09:32 PM
we had a great night, here's a mug shot:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/guycrunch/cues/IMG_4810.jpg

left to right:
8-ball rat, guycrunch, nasc, rodney, catscradle, pbat2751, joe c

guy

pbat2751
08-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Damn you actually got a picture of me smiling.

Thanks again for the great time, the generosity of Country Club USA, and us late stragglers owe those who left before us a beer or two.

Koop
08-15-2008, 06:35 AM
Well, the Sox game was fun but I wish I could have made it. Although you'd have one more ugly mug in that picture :D

Let's seriously try to do this once a month. I'll be there for the next one.

Koop

8-ball Rat
08-15-2008, 07:00 AM
It was fun, Koop...a shame you missed it. I was expecting to see your buddy Paul out there last night, too. Guess you Sox fans travel in packs, huh??? Hey...at least you missed it for a winning game.

I had a blast....and you just can't beat the deal they gave us on the tables. Some food, solid play, and a lot of laughs (my Jimmy Superfly break being one of the focal points....I swear, I don't usually send the CB flying 4 feet off the table...much less that many times in one night!!!).

Thanks to all that made it out. I had a great time, and it was a real pleasure to see/meet some great AZB guys.

Rodney - any time you want some pointers, just let me know!! :D :D :rolleyes:

Mark

Koop
08-15-2008, 07:02 AM
It was fun, Koop...a shame you missed it. I was expecting to see your buddy Paul out there last night, too. Guess you Sox fans travel in packs, huh??? Hey...at least you missed it for a winning game.

Yeah, a good Sox game but I really did want to go meet up with everyone.

Rodney - any time you want some pointers, just let me know!! :D :D :rolleyes:
Mark

LOL, Just talk aiming systems with Rodney if you want to throw him off :D

nasc
08-15-2008, 10:45 AM
It was great to meet old friends and make new ones.I had a great time but I am going to have to practice more to play "u-guys" speed. Hope to meet up again.

Glen

spw62
08-15-2008, 11:13 AM
:thumbup: Joe C Takes 4th Place in thursday Night Tournament!

Thursday Night 9 Ball $100 Added Tournament

Due to the larger turnout at this event we had to move the start time:

Tournament will start at 6:30 PM
Free Practice 5:30 PM
$20.00 Entry Fee

Double Elimination
* Race to 5 - ("A" Players) Top Players
* Race to 4 - (Lower Ranked Players)

Every Week the house will add $100. cash Based on 32 Players, Tell all your friends to Meet you at Country Club on Thursday Night.
SPECTATORS WELCOME

COUNTRY CLUB BILLIARDS
67 Parkhurst rd
Chelmsford Ma,01824
978-934-9700

--
Sat & Sun Special From 10am till 6pm for $12.00 per person.
We have 46 9ft Brunswick Gold Crown Tables.
Simonis 860. Cloth is Back On All Tournament Tables.

www.Myspace.com/countryclubusa

KMRUNOUT
08-15-2008, 12:05 PM
This is a great tournament. I recommend it to anyone in the area. I was actually there last night but didn't get a chance to meet everyone. I'm more of a lurker here anyway.

Too bad about the $100 added--I will be in Vegas with my team. I want the money!

I'll be back next Thurs. Everyone in this thread should check out the tourney.

KMRUNOUT (Kerry M)

Rodney
08-16-2008, 07:08 PM
It was nice to see some of you again, and to meet the rest of you. Next time I should be able to stay longer.

I left at 9:40, and had what should have been an hour and 20 min. drive. Well, I sat parked on 495 for an hour, for construction, and then the police stopped traffic, to let some trailers containing??? go ahead of everyone. There must have been 30 cruisers. So any way, my drive turned into 2hrs, 40 minutes. WTF!!!! I should have stayed longer.

Mark, I'm calling my eye doctor on monday, after I get glasses?, then you can give me some pointers!:grin:

8-ball Rat
08-17-2008, 09:22 AM
It was nice to see some of you again, and to meet the rest of you. Next time I should be able to stay longer.

I left at 9:40, and had what should have been an hour and 20 min. drive. Well, I sat parked on 495 for an hour, for construction, and then the police stopped traffic, to let some trailers containing??? go ahead of everyone. There must have been 30 cruisers. So any way, my drive turned into 2hrs, 40 minutes. WTF!!!! I should have stayed longer.

Mark, I'm calling my eye doctor on monday, after I get glasses?, then you can give me some pointers!:grin:
Rodney,

Why ya gotta pick on the guy with glasses? That some kind of "four eyes" joke?? ;)

It was good to meet ya...and thanks for the SEVERE lesson on the tables.

Sorry to hear about your long commute up north...but that was a sign you should've turned around and headed back to CC for a bit longer. You'll know better for next time.

Rodney
08-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Rodney,

Why ya gotta pick on the guy with glasses? That some kind of "four eyes" joke?? ;)

It was good to meet ya...and thanks for the SEVERE lesson on the tables.

Sorry to hear about your long commute up north...but that was a sign you should've turned around and headed back to CC for a bit longer. You'll know better for next time.

If I gotta pick on someone, it might as well be "four eyed freaks":grin:

Besides, you all see better than me!:mad: :angry: :mad:

Rodney
08-17-2008, 07:35 PM
LOL, Just talk aiming systems with Rodney if you want to throw him off :D

Hey, you weren't supposed to let out my secret, damn kryptonite!

Michael Webb
08-17-2008, 08:13 PM
So that's where all the bad boys hang, when they get permission to go out.

Pete
08-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Hey guys,

When are you guys planning on doing this again. I missed out last time and would like to meet some of the guys who'se posts I read...

Pete

Koop
08-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Hey guys,

When are you guys planning on doing this again. I missed out last time and would like to meet some of the guys who'se posts I read...

Pete

No clue man but hopefully soon. I'll do my best to make it next time.

Regards,
Koop

Dave in Boston
08-25-2008, 08:07 AM

And why dont you go Mr Webb hhmmm what your PO wont let you out of RI?????

KMRUNOUT
08-25-2008, 08:18 AM
I didn't really get a chance to meet any of you last time, but I will be going to the tournament this Thursday if anyone else feels like showing up!

KMRUNOUT

Michael Webb
08-25-2008, 01:49 PM

Would you like to define that post.

Tank138
08-25-2008, 02:51 PM

Hey Mike at least you won't get pinched for a DUI you do not drink.Some people in Boston do not realize the distance & time from RI to Chelmsford ,Ma .
Why go out & play when you can be making cues for paying customers.
To my knowledge you NEVER had a PO.

Michael Webb
08-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey Mike at least you won't get pinched for a DUI you do not drink.Some people in Boston do not realize the distance & time from RI to Chelmsford ,Ma .

I don't hold it against Dave, He's under the "P" power, I thought he was above that.

Koop
08-25-2008, 06:53 PM
WTF...

This thread is for a bunch guys who want to get together and play pool. Not so some can come make veiled references with no obvious want or need to join the discussion or group for some pool time.

Dave, why don't you come up and join us? It's fun and it's a great group of guys. Some, excluding Rodney ;) , can even play a little.

Mr. Wilson
08-25-2008, 08:41 PM

That earned you a warning.

Rodney
08-25-2008, 08:49 PM
WTF...

This thread is for a bunch guys who want to get together and play pool. Not so some can come make veiled references with no obvious want or need to join the discussion or group for some pool time.

Dave, why don't you come up and join us? It's fun and it's a great group of guys. Some, excluding Rodney ;) , can even play a little.

You just leave your aiming system at home, and I might find my game. The mere thought of it..........:confused::confused:

spw62
08-26-2008, 05:04 AM
Hey Mike I hope you can make it some week, Its been a long time.

Steve

ScottR
08-26-2008, 05:23 AM
we had a great night, here's a mug shot:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/guycrunch/cues/IMG_4810.jpg

left to right:
8-ball rat, guycrunch, nasc, rodney, catscradle, pbat2751, joe c

guy
You obviously need facial hair to crash the party. So, how did pbat sneak in???? :D

Koop
08-26-2008, 06:35 AM
You obviously need facial hair to crash the party. So, how did pbat sneak in???? :D

Or me for that matter :D

Koop
08-26-2008, 06:36 AM
You just leave your aiming system at home, and I might find my game. The mere thought of it..........:confused::confused:

Oh yeah...I know how to beat Rodney now...I'm relentless you know :p

Dave in Boston
08-26-2008, 07:04 AM

WHO THE F%$K are you to talk shit about me. YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ME, so take your 56 font and your childish comments and keep them to yourself.

It was a JOKE get over it.

Dave in Boston
08-26-2008, 07:06 AM
Would you like to define that post.

It was a joke Mike plain and simple more a reference to you not traveling anymore.

And yes I know your very busy and I have come to you often and I have traveled to you knowing this.

But once again it was a joke.

Dave in Boston
08-26-2008, 07:08 AM
WTF...

Yes Koop I agree with you this thread was about getting together and playing pool nothing more.

I was planning on comming up its a great tournament and I havent seen uncle steve in a while. I have been there in the past and played in the tournament thought it was a good tough field.

Koop
08-26-2008, 07:22 AM
I was planning on comming up its a great tournament and I havent seen uncle steve in a while. I have been there in the past and played in the tournament thought it was a good tough field.

That it is. A lot of A players, probably too good for my speed but we are looking to get our own mini-AZ tournaments going with just the guys.

Pete
08-26-2008, 07:24 AM
That it is. A lot of A players, probably too good for my speed but we are looking to get our own mini-AZ tournaments going with just the guys.

Koop,

Are you guys going this Thursday? And if so, can you show me that aiming system of yours:thumbup: ?

Pete

Koop
08-26-2008, 07:26 AM
Koop,

Are you guys going this Thursday? And if so, can you show me that aiming system of yours:thumbup: ?

Pete

Hi Pete,

I don't think I can make it this Thursday with Labor Day coming and probably a weekend away with the family. I'd like to see it come back together within the next couple of weeks though.
Sure, I'd be happy to show you what I know. You'll definitely kick Rodney's ass with it too :D

Pete
08-26-2008, 08:11 AM
Hi Pete,

I don't think I can make it this Thursday with Labor Day coming and probably a weekend away with the family. I'd like to see it come back together within the next couple of weeks though.
Sure, I'd be happy to show you what I know. You'll definitely kick Rodney's ass with it too :D

Thanks Koop,

I look forward to kicking anyone ass (I need lots of help:o )...

pete

Koop
08-26-2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks Koop,

I look forward to kicking anyone ass (I need lots of help:o )...

pete

Trust me man, there are going to be plenty of good players who can help. I am obviously joking around with Rodney. If he gets in stroke I don't have a prayer.

Koop - trying to keep Rodney away from pool :D

Dave in Boston
08-26-2008, 08:18 AM

Well let me know.

I know you guys were talking about 1hole also, its not my game and I have barely played it but would love ot give it a try.

Koop
08-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Well let me know.

I know you guys were talking about 1hole also, its not my game and I have barely played it but would love ot give it a try.

Will do. I only played it once but it is addicting.

Rodney
08-26-2008, 09:02 AM
Hi Pete,

Geeze, now everyone's gonna rob me. Guess I'll sell my cue. Anyone interested in a christmas tree?LOL

pbat2751
08-26-2008, 10:01 AM

5 o'clock shadow:thumbup:

Rodney
08-26-2008, 11:06 AM
5 o'clock shadow:thumbup:

Your not allowed back without atleast a goatee!:grin:

Tank138
08-26-2008, 01:58 PM
WHO THE F%$K are you to talk shit about me. YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ME, so take your 56 font and your childish comments and keep them to yourself.

What's wrong Dave can't you take a joke ???
Your right I do not know you but many of my friends do ,they all say the same thing about you - nuff said.

Get over it !!!!!!!!

Dave in Boston
08-26-2008, 03:23 PM
What's wrong Dave can't you take a joke ???
Your right I do not know you but many of my friends do ,they all say the same thing about you - nuff said.

Get over it !!!!!!!!

Well once again this post of topic from the thread.

Joke ha ha ha ok but it sounded more like an attack but ok I will take it as a joke, but the second line there doesnt seem like a joke.

No you dont know me and I dont know you. I dont attack people or make comments about people unless they make the first comment.

And what am I getting over your personal insults? not really sure what I am supposed to be getting over? Except maybe once again the personal assualt on someone you dont even know.

SO unless you can personally attest to something or can name names or remarks or something substantial to say your veiled remarks are childish and uncalled for.

If you have something to say about me say it dont conceal them, be a man and come right out and say it

Mr. Wilson
08-26-2008, 04:25 PM
How about me?

Your reputation as a trouble maker has reached me from far and wide.
I won't mince words, so walk a straight and narrow here on AZB or the welcome will get worn out quickly.

If you hae any questions regarding the rules, please speak up, as I don't want there to be any confusion.

Well once again this post of topic from the thread.

Joke ha ha ha ok but it sounded more like an attack but ok I will take it as a joke, but the second line there doesnt seem like a joke.

No you dont know me and I dont know you. I dont attack people or make comments about people unless they make the first comment.

And what am I getting over your personal insults? not really sure what I am supposed to be getting over? Except maybe once again the personal assualt on someone you dont even know.

SO unless you can personally attest to something or can name names or remarks or something substantial to say your veiled remarks are childish and uncalled for.

If you have something to say about me say it dont conceal them, be a man and come right out and say it

Dave in Boston
08-26-2008, 04:59 PM
How about me?

Your reputation as a trouble maker has reached me from far and wide.
I won't mince words, so walk a straight and narrow here on AZB or the welcome will get worn out quickly.

If you hae any questions regarding the rules, please speak up, as I don't want there to be any confusion.

Well once again I dont think this is the appropriate thread for this and dont believe a moderator should also be making remarks like this.

I also do not know your just like Tank123. Both are making personal comments without actually saying anything. What ever my reputation is and glad to hear I am so well known but I also dont believe I have said anything within these forums that would require a warning or even remarks.

So if you would like to personally attack me go right ahead I believe in freedom of speach but dont sit there and make veiled comments and threats.

I have done nothing wrong on this site and dont deserve the remarks

Mr. Wilson
08-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Right, so we agree......you have no questions nor confusion where I'm coming from.

Mr. Wilson
08-26-2008, 05:32 PM

Re-read the rules.

Dave in Boston
08-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Re-read the rules.

Why I do appoligize for the f bomb you should also re-read the rules.

Both you and tank concerning ad hominem

An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument to the man", "argument against the man") consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the person making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim. The process of proving or disproving the claim is thereby subverted, and the argumentum ad hominem works to change the subject.

It is most commonly used to refer specifically to the ad hominem as abusive, sexist, racist, or argumentum ad personam, which consists of criticizing or attacking the person who proposed the argument (personal attack) in an attempt to discredit the argument. It is also used when an opponent is unable to find fault with an argument, yet for various reasons, the opponent disagrees with it.

Mr. Wilson
08-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Again, you either missed the point or are being deliberate in wishing to cross swords with me.

I can assure you that I have command of the English language. Papers to prove it also.

Now, if you want to continue this path...I know a shortcut.

Wanna take it?

KMRUNOUT
08-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Mr. Wilson and Dave of Boston,

While I'm dying to see how this turns out, I would love to ask you both to come to Country Club USA in Chelmsford for a fine tournament on Thursday. It really is a nice night out :)

Hope to see you there,

KMRUNOUT

Dave in Boston
08-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Mr. Wilson and Dave of Boston,

While I'm dying to see how this turns out, I would love to ask you both to come to Country Club USA in Chelmsford for a fine tournament on Thursday. It really is a nice night out :)

Hope to see you there,

KMRUNOUT

KM

I have been there and will be again its a great tournament and a very nice room. I am not sure if I can make this weekend but will be sometime in the next few weeks

hope to see you there

Dave in Boston
08-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Again, you either missed the point or are being deliberate in wishing to cross swords with me.

I can assure you that I have command of the English language. Papers to prove it also.

Now, if you want to continue this path...I know a shortcut.

Wanna take it?

MR Wilson

I did miss the point you were trying to make and no I am not being smart

But I do believe I that I have the right to respond and defend myself when personall remarks and comments are made against me.

You yourself say you know my reputation but that reputation has nothing to do with this forum good or bad. So insinuating I have a bad reputation known far and wide I believe is personal attack.

Yes the post was inappropriate and I did appologize for dropping the f bomb. But telling me I cant respond to comments and remarks aimed at my person just isnt right.

nasc
08-26-2008, 07:59 PM
You yourself say you know my reputation but that reputation has nothing to do with this forum good or bad. So insinuating I have a bad reputation known far and wide I believe is personal attack.

If the shoe fits.........

pbat2751
08-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Dave I feel bad for you....

Do yourself a favor and just let it go.

nasc
08-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Do yourself a favor and just let it go.[/QUOTE]

What he said "let it go".
Glen

nasc
08-26-2008, 09:08 PM
So when is the next meet up? I am in.

Glen

Mr. Wilson
08-27-2008, 02:26 AM
MR Wilson

I did miss the point you were trying to make and no I am not being smart

But I do believe I that I have the right to respond and defend myself when personall remarks and comments are made against me.

Yes the post was inappropriate and I did appologize for dropping the f bomb. But telling me I cant respond to comments and remarks aimed at my person just isnt right.

Ok, I'll elaborate further.

You were given your first warning for the "joke" you made "insinuating" that Mike Webb was unable to attend because a P.O. wouldn't allow him.

That comment made enough people angry that they felt inclined to shed some light on you by emailing me with heads up info.

Upon revisiting the thread, here you are, waist deep in it again and instructed to re read the rules.

Add to that your generally combative tone and here we are.

This isn't a huge community. If you want to be here, stop rocking the boat and attacking people.

Rodney
08-27-2008, 04:07 AM
So when is the next meet up? I am in.

Glen

This weeks no good for me, maybe in a week or two.

Rodney

Koop
08-27-2008, 05:59 AM
This weeks no good for me, maybe in a week or two.

Rodney

2 weeks would be perfect for me but I can try to make if that doesn't work for everyone else.

Chenz
08-27-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm planning on coming in 2 weeks, thursday the 11th. Sorry I missed the last one but look forward to meeting more of the area AZ'ers. Hopefully more can come on that date. Vin

Koop
08-27-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm planning on coming in 2 weeks, thursday the 11th. Sorry I missed the last one but look forward to meeting more of the area AZ'ers. Hopefully more can come on that date. Vin

Hey Chenz,

We met at Valley Forge last year. Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

Regards,
Koop

Dave in Boston
08-27-2008, 10:21 AM

Vinny

Make sure you bring that Gina cue with you. I am dying to see it

Chenz
08-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Hey Chenz,

We met at Valley Forge last year. Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

Regards,
Koop

Sounds good, I've heard good things about the room but have yet to check it out. Talk soon, Vinny

Chenz
08-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Vinny

Make sure you bring that Gina cue with you. I am dying to see it

Dave, will do...only we won't be playing "cue for cue" this time!!

Dave in Boston
08-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Dave, will do...only we won't be playing "cue for cue" this time!!

Well we will have to come up with something else then lol

guycrunch
08-31-2008, 12:14 PM
well, let's try and make it thursday september 11th. we can make it a small tournament maybe if everyone wants. who can make it????

guy

nasc
08-31-2008, 05:47 PM
well, let's try and make it thursday september 11th. we can make it a small tournament maybe if everyone wants. who can make it????

guy

I'm in.

Glen

Rodney
09-01-2008, 04:47 AM

guy

I'm in for the 11th too, but I'm not sure about playing in a tourny. We'll see.

Rodney

Koop
09-01-2008, 06:57 AM
I just realized I have class on Thursday night until 9:30PM :(

Unless it gets moved to Wednesday nights I am probably out. Sorry guys.

Zippy371
09-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Hey guys--my name is Jason, I am a good freind of guys. I play regularly in the Thur. night Toun. along with Kerry. It's a great format with it being double elimination for just $20. Yes it is a pretty strong field, but thats how you get better. Also I have been going to CC since it opened and if any of you are in the area and want to check it out I would be happy to meet you there and shoot some racks. Just pm me and introduce yourself. As far as I can see it, if you are friends with Guy you must be OK.

Hope to meet you all-
Jason Hutchins

nasc
09-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Koop,
Skip the class. Make it up.
Glen

Koop
09-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Koop,
Skip the class. Make it up.
Glen

LOL, I was thinking I would go in and leave early. At least that way I don't miss my work. Good call Glen.

nasc
09-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Is this a go or nogo? Who's going to be there?
I hope it's on.
Glen

Koop
09-04-2008, 05:49 PM
I hope it's on.
Glen

It's a go for me a week from tonight.

See you then.
Koop

catscradle
09-04-2008, 06:06 PM
It's a go for me a week from tonight.

See you then.
Koop
it is probably a go for me, but since I'm working now (9:00 PM) and I worked the long weekend, I wouldn't bet on it 'til I'm there.
Steve.

Rodney
09-04-2008, 07:03 PM
I hope it's on.
Glen

I will be there also. I'm not sure what time, depends on if, when, and where I'm working:( . Hopefully 7pm or earlier.

Rodney

KMRUNOUT
09-05-2008, 01:38 AM
I try to go every Thursday. I stunk up a storm tonight, so I need to redeem myself next week. I brought my radar gun with me and we had some fun seeing how fast we all break. If you see Jamie around the room, have him break a rack for you. Monster Break!!! He was tops at 28 mph.

In case any of you don't know me I'm Kerry McAuliffe.

KMRUNOUT

catscradle
09-05-2008, 04:13 AM
I try to go every Thursday. I stunk up a storm tonight, so I need to redeem myself next week. I brought my radar gun with me and we had some fun seeing how fast we all break. If you see Jamie around the room, have him break a rack for you. Monster Break!!! He was tops at 28 mph.

In case any of you don't know me I'm Kerry McAuliffe.

KMRUNOUT
Kerry, how did you guys do in Vegas?

Chenz
09-05-2008, 06:22 AM
I hope it's on.
Glen
Count me in, ... maybe I can show off my racking skills!!:D

Koop
09-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Count me in, ... maybe I can show off my racking skills!!:D

There is no doubt...I can outrack you. Is there a contest for that? :D

nasc
09-09-2008, 05:19 PM
A couple of members who lurk here may show up. Can we have a show of hands please.

Glen

thepavlos
09-09-2008, 05:22 PM
I may be going, what are the details again.
Thanks
paul

catscradle
09-10-2008, 05:31 AM
A couple of members who lurk here may show up. Can we have a show of hands please.

Glen
Still up in the air, depends upon work. I'll attempt to make it.

guycrunch
09-10-2008, 05:33 AM
joe c and i will be there and probably tony zinzola as well.

guy

Koop
09-10-2008, 06:43 AM
There is a 99% chance I will be there. I guess that 1% is if my car start won't start :D

See you guys tomorrow night.

Rodney
09-10-2008, 05:15 PM
I'll definately be there too.

Koop
09-10-2008, 06:20 PM
I'll definately be there too.

AIMING SYSTEMS....CTE....AIMING SYSTEMS

Koop - just trying to get in Rodney's head :D

Rodney
09-10-2008, 07:15 PM
AIMING SYSTEMS....CTE....AIMING SYSTEMS

Koop - just trying to get in Rodney's head :D

Great, now I'm afraid to go to bed. Guess I'll see Freddie tonight!LOL

Koop
09-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Great, now I'm afraid to go to bed. Guess I'll see Freddie tonight!LOL

See, I knew it worked.

AIMING SYSTEMS...AIMING SYSTEMS

nasc
10-02-2008, 09:14 PM
OK, lets set up another date.
Glen

Koop
10-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Ok guys, not sure how long it's been but we have to be nearing the month mark for another shooting session.

Koop - thinking maybe next Thursday, Oct 16.

guycrunch
10-07-2008, 03:53 PM
i'm in. i'll talk to joe, tony, and maybe i can get the ghost of badabing to show up.

guy

badabing
10-07-2008, 04:11 PM
no can do on the 16th, you should know better Guy!!!!!

guycrunch
10-07-2008, 04:34 PM
what better anniversary present to give your wife than to let her have a night off from you. sorry, i would have remembered saturday.

guy

Rodney
10-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Most likely I can make it on any Thursday. So count me in.

Koop
10-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Totally up to you guys. I can make it on the 16th but not the 23rd.

Just let me know.

Koop

P.S. Where is that Mark guy who started all this :D

Rodney
10-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Anyone going this Thursday?

Koop
10-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Anyone going this Thursday?

I'm gonna try like hell to make it. I should know for sure tomorrow.

nasc
10-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Anyone for this Thursday?
Glen

Rodney
10-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Anyone for this Thursday?
Glen

I should be able to make it. I just got a rush job for Thursday, and I can't leave until it's finished.

So I'd say about an 80% chance of making it.

nasc
11-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Anyone up for this thursday?
Glen

iLLwiLL
11-11-2008, 05:31 PM
had a great time last night at country club in chelmsford. beside the regulars, myself, joe callaluca, and tony zinzola, we met up with mark raymond (8-ball rat), dave koopman (koop), and dave's friend paul. we all had a great night of pool, drinks, and talking about and looking at cues. and it was great seeing mark again and meeting koop and paul. thanx all for a nice night out.

guy

theres a pool hall in chelmsford, ma??? i grew up in that town and lived there for about 15 years. only place i ever played was at the "bronze racquet" in the ond courthouse gym (now a golds i think?).

sorry to quote something from so long ago, but my jaw dropped when i saw that :eek:

~Will.

Pete
05-05-2009, 07:03 AM
Hey guys,

It was great to meet everyone and hang out for a while. I wanted to apologize for pulling the Houdini on you. My friend Ed AKA Doctor Death saw me and we did have plans on meeting up. I did intend on popping back over but when I looked, you guys returned the Houdini on me, and I couldn’t find you guys.

Look forward to seeing you guys again sometime.

See you later…

Pete

Black-Balled
05-05-2009, 07:31 AM
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/definition+of/sausage+party:wink:

catscradle
05-05-2009, 07:31 AM
Hey guys,

It was great to meet everyone and hang out for a while. I wanted to apologize for pulling the Houdini on you. My friend Ed AKA Doctor Death saw me and we did have plans on meeting up. I did intend on popping back over but when I looked, you guys returned the Houdini on me, and I couldn’t find you guys.

Look forward to seeing you guys again sometime.

See you later…

Pete
It was time to go Pete, we all had obligations for the evening.