PDA

View Full Version : My Rewrite for Turn of the River Ending

cuechick
08-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Spoiler Alert:
I don't think this spoils the actual ending but read at your own risk!

Instead of parking in the big empty parking lot, Karly parks across the street. They go to the bus stop but they are more discrete about it. She goes to get the donuts and as she walks back we see her son give her an anxious look. She looks over into the shadows, where the truck is parked and a police car has pulled and is looking it over, and calling in the plates.

The bus pulls up blocking them from the truck and she hustles him on. As they sit we see from the window another police car pull up to the truck. The bus pulls away and she smiles at her son putting her arm around him. He relaxes and leans against her and eats his donut.

The bus turns a corner and rolls out of sight as watch the sun coming up and the detectives car pull up to the truck...

Fade to black...

!Smorgass Bored
08-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Spoiler Alert:
I don't think this spoils the actual ending but read at your own risk!

Instead of parking in the big empty parking lot, Karly parks across the street. They go to the bus stop but they are more discrete about it. She goes to get the donuts and as she walks back we see her son give her an anxious look. She looks over into the shadows, where the truck is parked and a police car has pulled and is looking it over, and calling in the plates.

The bus pulls up blocking them from the truck and she hustles him on. As they sit we see from the window another police car pull up to the truck. The bus pulls away and she smiles at her son putting her arm around him. He relaxes and leans against her and eats his donut.

The bus turns a corner and rolls out of sight as watch the sun coming up and the detectives car pull up to the truck..........

............and the bus driver is watching the Police cars surround the truck in his rearview mirror and loses control of the bus and the bus full of passengers plunges over Niagra Falls.

Doug Peckinpah
(and any donuts onboard the bus get all wet and soggy and unedible and stuff)

cuechick
08-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Pretty cute Doug....

If it really were my movie, I would not have had the scene with the kids Dad. I would have parked the truck at the airport a brochure to Mexico on the floor of it. Then take the a train back to Penn station and then head to Canada or maybe the South, which get cold. I think you can just as easily hide in the U.S. as outside it if you want!

frankncali
08-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Pretty cute Doug....

If it really were my movie, I would not have had the scene with the kids Dad. I would have parked the truck at the airport a brochure to Mexico on the floor of it. Then take the a train back to Penn station and then head to Canada or maybe the South, which get cold. I think you can just as easily hide in the U.S. as outside it if you want!

The scene with the kids Dad made no sense. They would have had a
good 8 hour head start and its not that far to Canada. I also found it a bit strange that the officers searched the kids room that much.

Could have been a better movie but it was alright.

TIMBER1
08-08-2008, 11:28 AM
I like the rewrite. Any comments on the very last scene of the movie. Where the kid walks in to the Pool room. I am still not sure what to make of it.

cuechick
08-08-2008, 11:45 AM
I like the rewrite. Any comments on the very last scene of the movie. Where the kid walks in to the Pool room. I am still not sure what to make of it.

Yeah I am not sure why that was put on to the end but I thought we were suppose to see how he had started this relationship with his Mom, who he head never had a relationship with until she sent him this first postcard...

TXsouthpaw
08-08-2008, 12:42 PM
in my last scene famke is naked on a pool table. that would be Awesome!

9 Ball Girl
08-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Yeah I am not sure why that was put on to the end but I thought we were suppose to see how he had started this relationship with his Mom, who he head never had a relationship with until she sent him this first postcard...Bingo! I interpreted like that too.

cuechick
08-09-2008, 05:53 AM
Bingo! I interpreted like that too.

I kind of got why the director flashed back but leaving us hanging with the truck just hitting the light pole? What is that suppose to mean, is she dead? Her wound did not seem that bad? At first I thought he had gotten a card from her from prison?

And how did he get the first postcard? None of it made any sense... :sorry:

!Smorgass Bored
08-09-2008, 07:22 AM
What is that suppose to mean, is she dead? Her wound did not seem that bad? At first I thought he had gotten a card from her from prison?

And how did he get the first postcard? None of it made any sense... :sorry:

Kinda like Darryl Peach winning the World 9 Ball Championship ?

Rod "Doug" Serling

hackerda
08-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Kinda like Darryl Peach winning the World 9 Ball Championship ?

Rod "Doug" Serling
LMFAO!!!!

So true!!!

Dean:D

Sweet Marissa
08-09-2008, 09:13 AM
I like unhappy endings, where the hero (or anti-hero, in this case) doesn't get away. However, with her just hitting the lightpole like that, I'm assuming she passed out from the gunshot wound and died. I assume it was the intention of the director to leave it up to the viewer's own interpretation.

The one thing that irks me, though, is that they even let her get into the truck without surrounding her. They just watch her try to drive away. Then, in that big ol' parking lot, she hits the only lightpole in the area. Wtf.

Pete
08-10-2008, 10:18 AM
I just watched it. I would say it was good, but that ending (the bad get away), I didn't like it. I agree that at first I thought it was a letter from mom in prison, but instead it was the beginning. I just don't like open endings like that.

All in All, I would say it was as good as any other pool movie that I have seen. It wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst. Sadly they didn't market it very well, and there should have been more real looking pool in it.

Pete