PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Wanted on best way to rack 9-ball

InTheCloudzzz
08-08-2008, 05:10 PM
whats the best rack on the market for a clean, tight rack?????????

Snapshot9
08-08-2008, 05:34 PM
The oversized Diamond rack.

okinawa77
08-08-2008, 07:26 PM
I am in Japan right now, and there is one pool hall I go to.

They don't use a rack because it will wear on the cloth.

They have clear donut stickers. The kind used for paper holes that often get torn or worn when in 3 ring binders.

It works great. I have noticed a perfect 9 ball rack, every time.

And it's quick and easy.

RRfireblade
08-08-2008, 07:35 PM
IMO, it has little to do with the rack and everything to do with breaking in the table right when the cloth is new.

BWTadpole
08-08-2008, 07:49 PM
I like the Delta-13 Rack in this situation. As long as the table won't let the balls roll off, this rack will make sure they're tight.

That is, as long as we're talking about old-fashioned, non-Sardo Tightracks.

Nostroke
08-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Just dont buy this one from Joe Neilsen.

Congratulations! You committed to buy the following item:

ABS Triangle Rack - Unbreakable !!!
Sale price: $12.95
Quantity: 1
Subtotal: US $12.95
Shipping and handling: Calculate Shipping
Sales tax: (none)
View item | Go to My eBay

Get Your Item

Pay Now
Click to confirm shipping, get total price and arrange payment.

Details for Item number: 280134933334

It costs like 21/22.00 with tax/shipping but it sucks so bad that it cant make a frozen rack.It appears to be some badly shaped painted (with a brush) wood or plastic. It does not resemble the rack pictured.

If i sent it back I guess i would get only the $12.95 back. Even if i got the 22.00 back. it's just not worth the hassle of finding a box tape etc

I would never buy anything site unseen for more than a hundred or so on the internet but i figure how wrong can i go on a one piece "ABS" rack from the most reputable guy around for $20?.

Anyway unless you are saving huge, Id buy one from a pool room with the understanding that you can trial rack a few with a new(er) set of balls. One of the more common problems is the 2 -3 position balls do not freeze to one another. Anyway thats what im gonna do. would hate to get burned twice. Im looking for that POS now so i can show it at Turning Stone to the jerk :smile: who recommended i buy it from Joe.