PDA

View Full Version : Who deserves the Nickname more???

JMS
08-09-2008, 12:02 AM
It just occurred to me that Thorsten Hohmen and Raj Hundal have the same nickname "HITMAN". Who gives out these nicknames anyways? Don't you think he could've been a little more original. He should've called himself the "Delicious Kid Hitman" since he's so conceited.

Ste
08-09-2008, 12:49 AM
It just occurred to me that Thorsten Hohmen and Raj Hundal have the same nickname "HITMAN". Who gives out these nicknames anyways? Don't you think he could've been a little more original. He should've called himself the "Delicious Kid Hitman" since he's so conceited.

I know he used it a while ago, but I didn't know Thorsten was still using that. He had some labelled shirts and cases etc but I thought it had been put to bed.

I don't know really.

rackmsuckr
08-10-2008, 04:03 PM

Are you talking about Thorsten??? I have been around Thorsten a bit because of the IPT and I NEVER got the impression that he was conceited! In fact, just the opposite, that he was very humble and he gave thanks to all that helped him get where he is. :shrug:

JimS
08-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Who gives out these nicknames anyways?.

I believe that the BCA has a committee who's function it is to devise nicknames. Travis Trotter is the chairman, or so I heard.

JMS
08-10-2008, 04:23 PM
No not Thorsten. Thorsten is one of the nicest guys that I've meet in pool. Ranks right up there with John Schmidt and Tony Robles. I'm talking about Rag Hundal.

Black-Balled
08-11-2008, 06:16 AM
No not Thorsten. Thorsten is one of the nicest guys that I've meet in pool. Ranks right up there with John Schmidt and Tony Robles. I'm talking about Rag Hundal.
I think 'Rag' is the perfect moniker for Raj. Much better than 'total a-hole' or 'whatta baby'. Though they are both completely accurate.

Snapshot9
08-11-2008, 06:28 AM
Raj 'On the Rag' Hundal would be better. And someone take that silly black scarf off of his head.

Roy Steffensen
08-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Raj "Ghandi" Hundal, since he has just started to represent India instead of Great Britain :)

yoyodude9000
08-11-2008, 07:20 AM
I think Hohmann fits the bill better.

I like "Rags" for Hundahl. That thing is pretty silly, but I guess it works for him. Might be a big fashion statement in the UK?

Roy Steffensen
08-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Actually he claims that he uses it because of his religion.

Fuji-whopper
08-11-2008, 07:34 AM
I think Hohmann fits the bill better.

I like "Rags" for Hundahl. That thing is pretty silly, but I guess it works for him. Might be a big fashion statement in the UK?

It's a religious do-rag, we went to clubs in NY that wouldn't let him in for it and he got mad saying it was discrimination or something to that effect.

Black-Balled
08-11-2008, 07:57 AM
It's a religious do-rag, we went to clubs in NY that wouldn't let him in for it and he got mad saying it was discrimination or something to that effect.
Noooo! I don't believe it!:slap: :lol:

hemicudas
08-11-2008, 07:57 AM
That handle should belong to the person with the most heart/gamble, which is Harold "Hitman" MacAbee.

CrownCityCorey
08-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Raj 'On the Rag' Hundal would be better. And someone take that silly black scarf off of his head.

I think this is offensive. As I understand it, the scarf is worn for religious purposes.

TXsouthpaw
08-11-2008, 02:52 PM
I think 'Rag' is the perfect moniker for Raj. Much better than 'total a-hole' or 'whatta baby'. Though they are both completely accurate.

I like Raj "total a-hole" Hundal. :D :D

He does come off as an ahole. Nicknames should have some sort of truth to them.

Snapshot9
08-11-2008, 03:31 PM
I think this is offensive. As I understand it, the scarf is worn for religious purposes.

Has anyone ever heard of him going to church? Even once a year? You can say a lot of things, but it's whether you DO THEM that counts.

JMS
08-11-2008, 03:49 PM
When I was at Valley Forge this year he was hitting on my girlfriend. I was about to layeth the smackdown on his do-rag and set his pet chinchila free. Just for the record I don't think its for his religion cause I wear the same thing and I'm not Hindu. It's for his waves. He's trying to make his opponents seasick!!!

ceebee
08-11-2008, 04:04 PM
maybe it's not religion... maybe it's cause he's starting to bald or maybe he's already bald....??

CrownCityCorey
08-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Has anyone ever heard of him going to church? Even once a year? You can say a lot of things, but it's whether you DO THEM that counts.

When I was at Valley Forge this year he was hitting on my girlfriend. I was about to layeth the smackdown on his do-rag and set his pet chinchila free. Just for the record I don't think its for his religion cause I wear the same thing and I'm not Hindu. It's for his waves. He's trying to make his opponents seasick!!!

I am not defending Raj's character. I know him well enough to see what people may or may not like about him. I like the guy.

But, it really is none of anyone's business whether or not someone practices their faith wholeheartedly or half-assed.

Someone may wear a Yamika to hold their hair down, but if they told me it's for religious reasons, then who am I to question, criticize, or joke about it?

Just my $0.02.

P.S. I used to wear something like that (bandana) back when I rode sportbikes, but it was because the damn helmet would always jack up my hair. LOL!

Black-Balled
08-12-2008, 10:07 AM

Damn, JMS!! THis is the funniest thing I have read on here in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time, and I read it all.

jimmy-leggs
08-12-2008, 10:21 AM
How about Raj "I'm too good for pool" Hundal.