PDA

View Full Version : Not so great in Indiana

Melissa Herndon
03-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Hi guys

I wish I could say that I performed well in this last event...but the truth is I just wasn't there mentally. It's not that I wasn't prepared or anything...but it is amazing how other areas of your life can influence your mental game.

Something in my personal life was bothering me...and I wasn't tough enough to push through and play my best. Honestly, I tried. But I was experiencing such inner turmoil that I really could not get that killer instinct working.

In the past, whenever something affected my game, I learned from it and used that knowledge to prevent the same situation from happening. Hopefully, I will be able to do the same here. I realize that life isn't always smooth sailing...so I need to learn a way to not let other things get in the way of my success with pool.

As always, thanks for listening and thanks for the support!

Love - Melissa

Tbeaux
03-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Owww Melissa :rolleyes: ,

Don't go getting in a "glass half empty" frame of mind :( ! By my calculations you picked up 10 points and some of the girls ahead of you dropped some points! ;)
You'll do better next event! :)

Dadadada.......Don't worry.....Be Happy :)

Terry

Pjadedd
03-06-2005, 07:03 AM
Sorry to hear about your personal problems, Melissa. But, wow, if you weren't playing your best, it's even more impressive how close some of your matches were. I hope everything turns out well and good luck in future events.

PJ

Deanna Michelle
03-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Okay, Mel...point out the people, and I'll kick their... Oh, wait, this isn't a PM...

(:

Must edit self.

Ahem, try this again.

Hello Melissa!

You know how much I appreciate your sharing what's going on in the mind of a pool player, what can affect your game, etc. I wish you the best, as usual, and you know I'm here for you! Though I'm sure you have tons of other people ahead of me that are there for you, 'cause you ROCK! yeah! *slaps on war paint* But, again, I will kick some butt if needed. Pummel, trip, myteriously "misplace" someone. you know (:
(severe sarcasm contained in this, for anyone getting worried, lol)

In Peoria, I'll make sure your mind is cleared! I'll make you laugh anything bothering you, out! Haha.
Or, um, I'll give you a smilie sticker from Wal-mart?? lol.

Dea

Melissa Herndon
03-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Owww Melissa :rolleyes: ,

Don't go getting in a "glass half empty" frame of mind :( ! By my calculations you picked up 10 points and some of the girls ahead of you dropped some points! ;)
You'll do better next event! :)

Dadadada.......Don't worry.....Be Happy :)

Terry

Hi Terry!

Definitely not a "Glass half empty" kind of girl...but thanks for the encouragement! I was simply talking about what happened and giving insight as to how my mind works....or doesn't work in this case...LOL!

I hope it didn't come off like I was whining or making excuses...because it wasn't like that. Some people are mentally strong enough to ignore external influences and just play pool. I was saying that I am still struggling with learning that behavior...and hopefully this experience will help me toughen up! To quote someone famous "What doesn't kill us...only makes us stronger!"

All the best!

Melissa