PDA

View Full Version : Current Scores in Million Dollar 9-Ball

allen_jr
08-09-2008, 10:35 AM
The inaugural $1,000,000 9-Ball Shootout is now being played!

You can follow the action and get up-to-date scoring info at:
theactionreport.com (http://www.theactionreport.com)

Although the initial year received less entries than anticipated, we are proud to present some of the best players in the world among our initial 12 players!

These are the players with their scores as of round 1, Session 4 - after 100 Games:

64 wins - 21 Break & Runs
Dennis Orcollo
The 2008 Qatar 9 Ball Open Champion
Backed by Bugsy Promotions

55 wins - 20 Break & Runs
Francisco Bustamante
1998 Player of the Year
Backed by Puyat Sports
Bear Custom Cues

54 wins - 26 Break & Runs
Shane Van Boening
The 2007 US Open 9-Ball Champion
Backed by BCA Pool League

54 wins - 25 Break & Runs
Corey Deuel
2001 US Open 9-Ball Champion
Backed by Capones Billiards and the Seminole Tribe of Florida

53 wins - 21 Break & Runs
Johnny Archer "The Scorpion"
The 1990's Player of the Decade
Backed by Scorpion Cues

52 wins - 23 Break & Runs
Dennis Hatch "The Hatchet Man"
The Winner of The 2006 Players Championship
Backed by Mike Galyassy Custom Cues

52 wins - 13 Break & Runs
Tony "T-Rex" Chohan
Reigning US Open One Pocket Champion
Backed by Miniteman Press and The Action Report

51 wins - 16 Break & Runs
Marlon "Marvelous" Manalo
$100,000 Texas Hold-em Poker 9-Ball Champion

50 wins - 10 Break & Runs
Stevie Moore
The 2007 Derby City Bank Champion
Backed by "Rack-n-Roll" Billiards of Sarnia, Ontario

49 wins - 13 Break & Runs
Daryl Peach
The Reigning world 9-Ball Champion
Backed by Predator Cues

40 wins - 7 Break & Runs
Matt Krah
The 2007 Blaze Tour Player of the Year
Backed by OB Cues

26 wins - 2 Break & Runs
Evan Broxmeyer "The Running Man"
Regular on the Joss Tour voted the most improved player of 2006 and 2007
Backed by Fairfield Properties from Long Island, NY

These 12 players will be playing our unique format. Beginning Thursday at 1pm (Session 1), the players will pair up and play each other 25 games. Not a race to 13, not a race to 25, they will just play 25 games, rotate break. Then, at 7 pm, they will re-convene and be paired up based on the Session 1 scores. The top 2 scorerers will play each other, 3rd will play 4th, and so on... Then, on Friday at 1 pm they will meet and do this again, and again at 7pm. They will do this Saturday as well. By the end of play Saturday night, all players will have played 150 games each. At this point, the bottom 8 players will be eliminated and the top 4 players will return Sunday to battle it out for the title... Sunday's play will be Single Elimination races to 13... Come down and watch!

Scott Lee
08-09-2008, 10:46 AM
allen_jr...Why not have the final four play round-robin for the $$$? That's a much better determination of who's the best player, than single-elimination semi-final and final matches, imo.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

the top 4 players will return Sunday to battle it out for the title... Sunday's play will be Single Elimination races to 13... Come down and watch!

Black-Balled
08-09-2008, 10:49 AM
YEah! Now is the time to make format decisions!!

jasonlaus
08-09-2008, 10:57 AM
allen_jr...Why not have the final four play round-robin for the $$$? That's a much better determination of who's the best player, than single-elimination semi-final and final matches, imo.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
Great idea.

allen_jr
08-09-2008, 11:08 AM

Agreed, but we announced it this way so it has to stay for now... next year that will probably happen....

dabarbr
08-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Agreed, but we announced it this way so it has to stay for now... next year that will probably happen....
Poll the players and if they all agree then the change could be made without any problems.

iusedtoberich
08-09-2008, 11:32 AM
I was at the event and watched Fridays play. Great play by all.

Allen I have a question. I read your earlier post a few days ago and the one in this thread which explains how the matches are determined after each round. 1st plays 2nd, 3rd plays 4th, etc. At the event yesterday I asked what happens if the standings remain the same after several events. One person said the same people can't play each other twice. Can you confirm this? If so, does the player than play the next person in line?

Can you also post the individual results of each round in addition to the total standings. I did not see this information online here, at the action report website, or at the event itself

I think this would be good to know so we can see who has played each other and therefore we can follow along better.

Thanks for putting on the event.

allen_jr
08-09-2008, 01:55 PM
I was at the event and watched Fridays play. Great play by all.

Allen I have a question. I read your earlier post a few days ago and the one in this thread which explains how the matches are determined after each round. 1st plays 2nd, 3rd plays 4th, etc. At the event yesterday I asked what happens if the standings remain the same after several events. One person said the same people can't play each other twice. Can you confirm this? If so, does the player than play the next person in line?

Yes, if there is a conflict, the play order moves down the line to the next competitor that they have not played yet... I think you kind of asked 2 questions here though... If there is a tie score, then we use the Break and Runs as a tiebreaker. If the player is tied for both, then we will look and see if they have played each other earlier, if they have, then whoever won that individual match will be considered leader. If they have not played each other before, then they would have a short race match to establish a leader...

Can you also post the individual results of each round in addition to the total standings. I did not see this information online here, at the action report website, or at the event itself I think this would be good to know so we can see who has played each other and therefore we can follow along better.

Good idea, just did it, you can see it here:
www.milliondollar9ball.com (http://www.milliondollar9ball.com)

Thanks for putting on the event.

You're welcome, hope you and everyone else enjoy it!

Harley316
08-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Does anyone know the score in the Hatch/Orcullo match?

allen_jr
08-09-2008, 07:58 PM
leaderboard and Session scores are available at:
www.milliondollar9ball.com (http://www.milliondollar9ball.com)

and great coverage and more at:
www.theactionreport.com (http://www.theactionreport.com)

thanks everyone, talk to you tomorrow!

smashmouth
08-09-2008, 08:16 PM
collusion?

sorry, gotta throw it out there