PDA

View Full Version : Cue Wax: Butchers vs. Johnson's

stikapos
08-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Bought Johnsons wax as I could find Butchers. Not bad, but quite a bit of residue after application. Really not bad, though. Just picked up some Butchers bowling alley wax. Really took off the chaulk from the shaft and after a bit of rubbing, it really set up without stickiness. I would recommend.

tim

bluepepper
08-09-2008, 10:26 PM
I bought the Butcher's Bowling wax after someone suggested it here, and I recently stopped using it. It makes it nice and shiny, but in any humidity I find that it gets unusably sticky. I'm going to start using 1600 grit sand paper or something similar.

thomba02
08-09-2008, 10:32 PM
i think when applying said wax, you really need to build up some friction when rubbing it on. or else put it on with a lathe.

bluepepper
08-09-2008, 10:37 PM
I did build up the friction. I almost burnt my hand from the heat. It feels nice until you're in a high humidity 75 degree plus room and you start to sweat.

thomba02
08-09-2008, 10:41 PM
yea...the only wax i put on my cue is the wax from the wax paper for regular kitchen use. and i only use that on my linen wrap...nothing else.
for my shafts, i use the Q-clean products.

JimS
08-10-2008, 06:14 AM
Karseal Q Wax is far superior to either of the floor waxes. I'm not selling anything.. just passing on a good find.

http://www.poolndarts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/Catalog.SearchProcess.cfm