PDA

View Full Version : Road Player ID...

Zims Rack
08-10-2008, 06:22 AM
A few nights ago this guy was playing at a couple local bars in Pocahontas, Illinois!

Description:
* 5' tall
* black hair slicked back, shoulder length with slight curl in the back
* major need of dental work
* app. 50 years old
* tatoo on the outside of his hand, not sure which hand or what the tatoo is
* has some sort of medical apparatus, kind of like an adult diaper
* claims to won at Nationals a couple times back in the 80's-early 90's
* "Iceman" was what others called him in his day, according to him.
* traveled alone

Trying to find out if anyone has heard of this guy, he played fantastic, where he's from?

Zim

randyg
08-10-2008, 06:35 AM
Sounds like Marty from the KC area....SPF=randyg

Zims Rack
08-10-2008, 06:37 AM
Pocahontas is a little town of less than 900 people w/3 bars, not pool rooms and is a little less than 1 hour from St. Louis. Not sure what brought him here, but he was here Friday night according to some friends, I actually didn't meet him.

Marty ??

Thanks,
Zim

!Smorgass Bored
08-10-2008, 06:41 AM
A few nights ago this guy was playing at a couple local bars in Pocahontas, Illinois!

Description:
* app. 50 years old
* traveled alone

Trying to find out if anyone has heard of this guy, he played fantastic, where he's from?

Zim

"The Iceman", that's an easy one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7wIsK08JEY&feature=related

Doug
(Betty Everett, better known for the "Shoop-Shoop" song died shortly after this performance with Jerry "The Iceman" Butler) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amBvAeQ1pZU&feature=related

Alive
Jerry "The Iceman" Butler
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date of Birth:12/08/1939
Current Age:68

Scott Lee
08-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Well, obviously, if it was Pocahontas, it has to be JOHN SMITH!:p BTW, the only Iceman was, and is, Larry Hubbard, co-founder of the APA. Mika doesn't count!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Zim

jay helfert
08-10-2008, 08:27 AM

Description:
* 5' tall
* app. 50 years old
* traveled alone

Zim

That's Santos in his diaper disguise! :grin:

1on1pooltournys
08-10-2008, 11:12 AM

Description:
* 5' tall
* app. 50 years old
* traveled alone

Zim

Maybe he was hoping to play Gretchen Wilson some?

perspicaz
08-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Pocahontas is a little town of less than 900 people w/3 bars, not pool rooms and is a little less than 1 hour from St. Louis. Not sure what brought him here, but he was here Friday night according to some friends, I actually didn't meet him.

Marty ??

Thanks,
Zim

Sorry but being a foreigner I had to ask... is that "pocahontas" town named after the cartoon movie/character? :idea:

pool4u
08-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Marty? Do you mean Marty Rogers? I've wondered how he's been doing. He's the reason I got into pool.

Darn him! :)

Nostroke
08-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Sorry but being a foreigner I had to ask... is that "pocahontas" town named after the cartoon movie/character? :idea:

Pocahontas was a real person from way back.

perspicaz
08-10-2008, 01:45 PM

Thanks. I expected something like that although I was curious. In wikipedia says she was a Native American from the 16th century that married an English man.

!Smorgass Bored
08-10-2008, 01:56 PM

So was Bambi.

Doug
( she was a pole dancer at Naked Delights ) :)

Scott Lee
08-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Actually, it was the 17th century. Pocahontas hooked up with John Smith, who was the leader of the Jamestown settlement...the first foreign settlement in VA (circa 1607).

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

In wikipedia says she was a Native American from the 16th century that married an English man.

Fatboy
08-10-2008, 02:42 PM
"The Iceman", that's an easy one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7wIsK08JEY&feature=related

Doug
(Betty Everett, better known for the "Shoop-Shoop" song died shortly after this performance with Jerry "The Iceman" Butler) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amBvAeQ1pZU&feature=related

Alive
Jerry "The Iceman" Butler
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date of Birth:12/08/1939
Current Age:68

thanks Smorg for that insightful post :thumbup:

seriously I hope you well today, i'm concerned about you!

alstl
08-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Sounds like Marty from the KC area....SPF=randyg

If it's Marty from Omaha we have a real story.

iowa_player
08-10-2008, 05:21 PM

Description:
* 5' tall
* app. 50 years old
* traveled alone

Zim

I may have found a picture . Is this him ? :D

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p94/iowa_player/teeth.jpg

Pinocchio
08-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Actually Larry You've probably seen them together but this is Jake the Drake, the Icemans steakhorse am tush hog..........Honest mistake on your part I'm so sure.................................
Pinocchio

Nostroke
08-10-2008, 06:32 PM

Description:
* 5' tall
* traveled alone

Zim

5 feet even and he is not a filipino? I would think just based on that he'd be ID'd by now.

Im guessing the Diaper was actually one of those lovely Colostomy Bags.

Zims Rack
08-10-2008, 06:58 PM
5 feet even and he is not a filipino? I would think just based on that he'd be ID'd by now.

Im guessing the Diaper was actually one of those lovely Colostomy Bags.
Danny Deiters played him and he's 6', he said he was about a foot shorter than him, 5'! Yes, a Colostomy Bag, he even showed a few of the guys there and told him he's got medical problems!
I thought that his size, teeth and the colostomy bag would ID him pretty easily!

Pocahontas, Illinois is named after the Native American named Pocahontas, daughter of Powhaton, the Chief of the tribe and she did hook up John Smith! The whole town is Native American themed! Wikiup Motel, Powhaton Restraurant, etc. Gretchen Wilson claims this as her home and she did use to sing karaoke in the bars around here.

Thanks,
Zim