PDA

View Full Version : "Little Al" Romero's Work?

SiRacer
03-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Hi, has anyone gotten repair work such as new wraps, fixes on their cues from "Little Al" Romero at Hardtimes? I would like to get a new Irish Linen Wrap on my cue and get rid of a few dings and scratches. I would like to support the local cue maker instead of sending it out and I know he makes great sneaky petes, but would like to get any input that i can thanks.

T411
03-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Hi, has anyone gotten repair work such as new wraps, fixes on their cues from "Little Al" Romero at Hardtimes? I would like to get a new Irish Linen Wrap on my cue and get rid of a few dings and scratches. I would like to support the local cue maker instead of sending it out and I know he makes great sneaky petes, but would like to get any input that i can thanks.

Many pro players stop in and get work done on their cues from him.

SiRacer
03-07-2005, 10:52 AM
yeah i talked to some locals and they like it so ill get it done from him thanks

PoolBum
03-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Well, I hate to knock the local guy, but I have to be honest in my report. Although I've heard others say Al does good work, my experience was a bad one. I asked him to put a new Moori tip on my cue, and when I got it back the ferrule had been cracked. I took a good look at it, then went back upstairs to ask about it. He said at first that it wasn't a crack, just glue. Then, as I looked at it carefully and he realized it was a crack, he claimed he didn't do it and that was that. A very bad experience.

SiRacer
03-07-2005, 05:09 PM
ive had my moori tips put on by him a few times and he has done a great job on them for me, tip was on perfect, ferrule was cleaned couldnt be happier, i was more curious about more serious work like wraps and refinishing, but thanks for the input