PDA

View Full Version : How many players were at hese events this weekend.

MikeJanis
08-10-2008, 08:46 PM
How many participants were at each of these events this weekend ?

Thanks, Mj

Seminole Florida Pro Tour
Fast Eddie's
Goldsboro, NC
August 8 - 10, 2008
$9,000 added
39 Players

Jacoby Carolina Tour
Brown's Billiards
Raleigh, NC
August 9 - 10, 2008
919-878-9092
$1,000 added
um i think it was around 30 players or so

Fast Eddie's 9-Ball Tour
Fast Eddie's
Amarillo, TX
August 9 - 10, 2008
$1,750 added
Also a $350 added ladies event
42 players in Amarillo

Blaze 9-Ball Tour
Raxx Pool Room
West Hempstead, NY
August 9 - 10, 2008
516-538-9896
$2,000 added
45 Players

Tiger Bay Area Amateur
Strokers Billiards
Palm Harbor, FL
August 9, 2008
727-786-6683
$500 added

Canadian Women's Pool Tour
Jeff Bell WPBA 2008 Pac Coast Classic Qualifier
Dakota Sports Club and Billiards
Orillia, ON
August 9 - 10, 2008
705-325-5600
$1,000 added
Added: $1000.00 includes 2008 Pacific Coast Classic Qualifier in October 1-5, 2008 at Chinook Winds, Lincoln City, OR

Gateway Amateur Tour
Qualifier Event
Shooter?s Sports Bar
Centralia, IL
August 9, 2008
618-532-9931
handicapped 8-ball event

Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour
Mr Cues II
Atlanta, GA
August 9 - 10, 2008
770-454-7665
$2,500 added
Amateur Event, Entry $60
Races 7W/7L, winner breaks
$2500 guaranteed added
Start time: 12pm
82 Players Actually, 106 total participants including the mini's.

East Coast Pool Tour
Fats Pool Room
Ansonia, CT
August 9 - 10, 2008
203-734-7713
Entry $65 (+tour membership)
All Class Event (A-B-C-D), double elimination 10-ball event
For more info: Sal Bev (203)410-3890 or Brent Boemmels (203)525-9052 or Brentboemmels@yahoo.com
Tour Website: members.cox.net/ecpt/
14 Players

Above List Copied from: http://www.azbilliards.com/2000calendar.php

There were about 145 players at the AZ BCA 8-ball Championships this past weekend in Payson, Arizona.

And don't forget Mo River!

Danny Harriman didn't. :)

8/9/08
Mo River Pub & Pool - Columbia, MO
$25 8-Ball
35 players[/B

Theo's Colonial Inn in Union Missouri. [B]15 players,

[COLOR="Red"]20 Players at Shooters Olathe, KS Big table 9-Ball tournament Saturday Aug 9th.

50 players in Florence, SC.
Mike

The Tennessee event was held at J O B in nashville.Ausgust 8-9-10.They
had a [B]102 players

9balllvr
08-10-2008, 09:06 PM
the last two events are the same - it is obvious this came from the AZ calendar list as there were issues with a duplication for that tour.

branpureza
08-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Man, that Seminole Tournament sounded awesome! $9000 added with a super tough field packed full of champions... wish I could have made that one. I decided to stay closer to home and play in the Jacoby Tour tournament. If any of you guys have never played in a Jacoby tournament, you should do yourself a favor and come out and compete... Doug Ennis runs a great tournament and he's a super nice guy... usually a pretty tough field too.

MikeJanis
08-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Man, that Seminole Tournament sounded awesome! $9000 added with a super tough field packed full of champions... wish I could have made that one. I decided to stay closer to home and play in the Jacoby Tour tournament. If any of you guys have never played in a Jacoby tournament, you should do yourself a favor and come out and compete... Doug Ennis runs a great tournament and he's a super nice guy... usually a pretty tough field too.

Who won ? How many players ?

Usually we call each room or Td and sometimes AZ posts to keep track but our cell phone battery died today. Any help would be nice.

We are just trying to get a complete census.

If you have any other events to report please add them to.

And yes this is fron the AZ list of events this weekend. I tjough that may have been obvious that I jsut copied and paoted it.

Thanks,

Mj

branpureza
08-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Who won ? How many players ?

um i think it was around 30 players or so... i think mike fuller might have won but im not sure, i left when i got 3rd.

stuckart
08-10-2008, 10:58 PM
There were about 145 players at the AZ BCA 8-ball Championships this past weekend in Payson, Arizona.

tattoosbyjay
08-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Blaze 9-Ball Tour
Raxx Pool Room
West Hempstead, NY
August 9 - 10, 2008
516-538-9896
$2,000 added
we had 45 players and forst place was $1900

MikeJanis
08-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Blaze 9-Ball Tour
Raxx Pool Room
West Hempstead, NY
August 9 - 10, 2008
516-538-9896
$2,000 added
we had 45 players and forst place was $1900

Nice, was that with the calcutta $ to or just tournament.

What were the rest of the payouts ?

calcuttaman
08-11-2008, 06:39 AM
How many participants were at each of these events this weekend ?Are you just curious? Or do you track this somewhere on the web where we can look?

Seminole Pro Tour
08-11-2008, 07:00 AM
Hey Mike Whats up with you bolding and enlarging the player numbers for these tournaments? I figured I would ask before getting into the differences in our tournaments and the obvious reasons for disparity in the numbers. Thanks

Kevin

DeadPoked
08-11-2008, 07:10 AM
Yes, we all know that this country is saturated by regional pool tours and on the 2nd day God created the Viking tour and gave his only begotten son, Mike Janis, to run it. :deadhorse:

B_White
08-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Just another attempt to make the other tours look bad.

pool4u
08-11-2008, 12:00 PM
And don't forget Mo River!

Danny Harriman didn't. :)

8/9/08
Mo River Pub & Pool - Columbia, MO
$25 8-Ball
35 players. 1st: John Turpin, 2nd: Jamey Martin, 3rd: Hack, 4th: Bob Fergason, 5th-6th: Danny Harriman & Scotty Justice

You guys, this tournament is apparently the nuts. Ran right. Diamond tables. I've heard nothing but great things about it.

MikeJanis
08-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Hey Mike Whats up with you bolding and enlarging the player numbers for these tournaments? I figured I would ask before getting into the differences in our tournaments and the obvious reasons for disparity in the numbers. Thanks

Kevin

Kevin, the highlight is just to show the readers what I am looking for. The total # of players.

Why, I am trying to do a census of the # of players that participate each week in tour events.

This statistical analysis will help when approaching outside industry sponsors while trying to gain their participation in our sport.

MikeJanis
08-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Are you just curious? Or do you track this somewhere on the web where we can look?

Why, I am trying to do a census of the # of players that participate each week in tour events.

This statistical analysis will help when approaching outside industry sponsors while trying to gain their participation in our sport.

It is not available on the web, but I will post it somewhere when I am done. The eqaution is incomplete because I have not figured a way to track weekly events in local pool rooms/bars yet so basically I am starting at the top of the tournament chain with advertised events.

Mj

watchez
08-11-2008, 12:48 PM
I played in an 8 Ball tournament Saturday @ Theo's Colonial Inn in Union Missouri. 15 players, Calcutta had over $1,000 total. It also was ran right and a great tournament & good time.

pool4u
08-11-2008, 12:50 PM

I think it's a valid question. I for one was surprised to see how many big tournaments were scheduled on the same day.

pool4u
08-11-2008, 12:55 PM
More...

20 Players at Shooters Olathe, KS Big table 9-Ball tournament Saturday Aug 9th.

Mike Templeton
08-11-2008, 01:00 PM
50 players in Florence, SC. $1000 added no entry fee. Good calcutta also.

Mike

gamecocksfan81
08-11-2008, 01:10 PM
50 players in Florence, SC. $1000 added no entry fee. Good calcutta also.

Mike
Who won this tournament Mike? Thought about going but stayed in Swansea and played some poker.

cubc
08-11-2008, 01:17 PM
No entry fee?? I dont get it. What do you get if you win? just the calcutta and the part of the 1k added?

Mike Templeton
08-11-2008, 01:41 PM
I left before it was over, but I figure Josh Roberts, Jason Heyward, and Allen Mixon were the favorites. Roger Jeffcoat was still on the winner's side when I left as was Christy Norris. There were 12 left I think.

Right Chris, that was the payout, but there was a good calcutta.

It was a pretty good tournament and lots of action available.

Mike

MikeJanis
08-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Mike T. and cubC.

You guys should hook up and come to Marietta this weekend. You would probably make good road partners.

PS.. cubC. nice performance this weekend. Mj

Gage
08-11-2008, 04:22 PM
42 players in Amarillo

tigerseye
08-11-2008, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=MikeJanis]How many participants were at each of these events this weekend ?

Thanks, Mj

Seminole Florida Pro Tour
Fast Eddie's
Goldsboro, NC
August 8 - 10, 2008
$9,000 added
39 Players

Not just players but the top players in the Southeast.... Nowhere else in the entire southeast could you have seen or played against this caliber of pool players in a tourney.

MikeJanis
08-11-2008, 05:43 PM
42 players in Amarillo

Gage, is that a fluke or a Summertime effect or a misprint? That tour usually has double? that amount for participation.

They have good advertising, a strong following and run nice events with solid money and are in one of the largest regions for tournament activity based on participation.

Any clue why the lower turnout?

spoonie
08-12-2008, 01:34 AM
had a 102 players,great time was had by all......Josh O'neal went first in
cal. for around $475.00.I don'nt know the total or who won.I got put out
late sat. evening, left and went over to down-town to celebrate the
Titans Win..............

ironman
08-12-2008, 04:06 AM
Gage, is that a fluke or a Summertime effect or a misprint? That tour usually has double? that amount for participation.

They have good advertising, a strong following and run nice events with solid money and are in one of the largest regions for tournament activity based on participation.

Any clue why the lower turnout?

I think the summertime had a bit to do with it, but there was also a BCA Event in Odessa which cost us many and the fact that many are going to Vegas next week. The biggest contributors, IMO, are gas, motels, and the fact that Amarillo sits way out west in a big assed state.

Everyone takes a little hit now and then. We will bounce back hard in September in San Antonio.

MikeJanis
08-12-2008, 04:19 AM
had a 102 players,great time was had by all......Josh O'neal went first in
cal. for around $475.00.I don'nt know the total or who won.I got put out
late sat. evening, left and went over to down-town to celebrate the
Titans Win..............

I was wondering where all the TN players were this weekend. I forgot about that event. Nice Turnout! Actually it was an incredible turnout given the fact that the Titans were playing. Was it a league event or were only TN players allowed ? Any Added $ or giveaways ?

Mj

Stones
08-12-2008, 06:16 AM
To follow up on ironman's post about our event in Amarillo this last weekend. There was a BCA league event in Odessa and also a tournament in Houston held at the same time.

I talked with some of our regular participants that did not attend and the consensus was that it was just too far to drive to Amarillo along with last minute vacations and getting the kids ready for school. Amarillo is a nine hour drive from our home base of San Antonio, twelve hours from Houston and fourteen hours from McAllen. At $3.80 a gallon, it adds up pretty quick. Like ironman said, it's a big assed state. LOL

Mike, I think it?s a great idea to track the other tournament's statistics for future sponsorship purposes. I?ve decided to catch up on a little bookkeeping, but I need your help on a couple of your dated events.

If my statistics are correct, the Viking Tour moved into Texas in 2007 and had two events scheduled both in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. One on April 28-29 and the other on September 15-16, 2007. The event in September was scheduled, coincidentally, the same weekend as our event in San Antonio.

Our event statistics around or at the time of your events:

Fast Eddie's Olhausen 9 Ball Tour
April 14-15, 2007
Waco, Texas
88 Players

May 5-6, 2007
Culebra
San Antonio, Texas
86 Players

September 15-16, 2007
Embassy Oaks
San Antonio, Texas
118 Players
Included 13 players from the Dallas/Fort Worth area

The above statistics do not include the participants of the 10 ball ring games held the night before the main event.

Mike, if you could please list the number of participants to the Viking Tour events on April 28-29 and September 15-16, 2007 as I did not see any articles about these in the Viking Tour archives of the Tours &Tournaments section.

Also, if you don't mind, please list them in red bold face font as I wouldn't want any of the AZ forum members not to be able to read them at first glance. You understand, just for statistical purposes only.

Best of luck to you and your Tour,

Stones

MikeJanis
08-12-2008, 06:38 AM
To follow up on ironman's post about our event in Amarillo this last weekend. There was a BCA league event in Odessa and also a tournament in Houston held at the same time.

I talked with some of our regular participants that did not attend and the consensus was that it was just too far to drive to Amarillo along with last minute vacations and getting the kids ready for school. Amarillo is a nine hour drive from our home base of San Antonio, twelve hours from Houston and fourteen hours from McAllen. At $3.80 a gallon, it adds up pretty quick. Like ironman said, it's a big assed state. LOL

Mike, I think it?s a great idea to track the other tournament's statistics for future sponsorship purposes. I?ve decided to catch up on a little bookkeeping, but I need your help on a couple of your dated events.

If my statistics are correct, the Viking Tour moved into Texas in 2007 and had two events scheduled both in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. One on April 28-29 and the other on September 15-16, 2007. The event in September was scheduled, coincidentally, the same weekend as our event in San Antonio.

Our event statistics around or at the time of your events:

April 14-15, 2007
Waco, Texas
88 Players

May 5-6, 2007
Culebra
San Antonio, Texas
86 Players

September 15-16, 2007
Embassy Oaks
San Antonio, Texas
118 Players
Included 13 players from the Dallas/Fort Worth area

The above statistics do not include the participants of the 10 ball ring games held the night before the main event.

Mike, if you could please list the number of participants to the Viking Tour events on April 28-29 and September 15-16, 2007 as I did not see any articles about these in the Viking Tour archives of the Tours &Tournaments section.

Also, if you don't mind, please list them in red bold face font as I wouldn't want any of the AZ forum members not to be able to read them at first glance. You understand, just for statistical purposes only.

Best of luck to you and your Tour,

Stones

Our 1st event in TX had 94 players

2nd event had 80 players

Mj

Stones
08-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Mike,

First of all, let me say what you are doing for the sport of pool is great! You've built something to be very proud of but not at the expense of others around you.

Sometimes, things get lost in translation with the written word versus word of mouth.

My first reaction when I read your post was the same as Fla Pro Tour's. Why the red bold face font for the participation numbers other than an blatant attempt to shove the other tour's noses in it because you had a better weekend than most. That may not have been your intent but it came across that way. Just other shot at the micro and mini tours as you call us.

I'm pretty thick skinned but it just raised my hackles a bit so I thought I'd throw a few numbers back at you. I could ask you of the numbers you posted above from the two events in Texas, how many were free entries as I see free entries as a way to inflate and skew the figures that are given to present or future sponsors but, in all honesty, that is none of my business. I don't want to know.

Ironman and myself, TD's for the Fast Eddie's Tour, made the decision a long time ago stay out of the threads about other tours. Especially, if they were condesending or flaming in nature. All it does is bring the sport down in general. I stepped over that line because I thought this needed to be said.

Another decision we made early on was not to use the Main Forum to advertise our Tour through the use of posts and threads. We figured that's what the Tournament Annoucements section is for. Just to get the word out about our upcoming events. Like the NPR, TAR and other subforums, members will go there if they are interested. They don't need to see it on a daily basis in the Main forum. In my view, it's over exposure and over kill.

Mike Howerton has always been gracious enough to post our tour articles and schedule on the main page and in the Tours & Tournament section. Our tour would not be what it is today without AZBilliards.

Mike, remember, we're all in the same boat. We just paddle a little differently to get to the same place. We utilize the tools that are available to us in our own ways.

I do thank you for the kind words about our tour in your earlier post.

This post's intent is not to be sour grapes. Just to bring out a little constructive thought.

Stones

MikeJanis
08-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Mike,

First of all, let me say what you are doing for the sport of pool is great! You've built something to be very proud of but not at the expense of others around you.

Sometimes, things get lost in translation with the written word versus word of mouth.

My first reaction when I read your post was the same as Fla Pro Tour's. Why the red bold face font for the participation numbers other than an blatant attempt to shove the other tour's noses in it because you had a better weekend than most. That may not have been your intent but it came across that way. Just other shot at the micro and mini tours as you call us.

I'm pretty thick skinned but it just raised my hackles a bit so I thought I'd throw a few numbers back at you. I could ask you of the numbers you posted above from the two events in Texas, how many were free entries as I see free entries as a way to inflate and skew the figures that are given to present or future sponsors but, in all honesty, that is none of my business. I don't want to know.

Ironman and myself, TD's for the Fast Eddie's Tour, made the decision a long time ago stay out of the threads about other tours. Especially, if they were condesending or flaming in nature. All it does is bring the sport down in general. I stepped over that line because I thought this needed to be said.

Another decision we made early on was not to use the Main Forum to advertise our Tour through the use of posts and threads. We figured that's what the Tournament Annoucements section is for. Just to get the word out about our upcoming events. Like the NPR, TAR and other subforums, members will go there if they are interested. They don't need to see on a daily basis in the main forum. In my view, it's over exposure and over kill.

Mike Howerton has always been gracious enough to post our tour articles and schedule on the main page and in the Tours & Tournament section. Our tour would not be what it is today without AZBilliards.

Mike, remember, we're all in the same boat. We just paddle a little differently to get to the same place. We utilize the tools that are available to us in our own ways.

I do thank you for the kind words about our tour in your earlier post.

This post's intent is not to be sour grapes. Just to bring out a little constructive thought.

Stones

Stones, I now know how the thread came across and no my intent was not to rub it in. The #rs speak for themselves, Open #'rs are always different from Amateur #'s and league #rs pounce on all of us tours since they alsways seem to get the best. Discounted entries, free entries and paid entries are all the same to me in accumulating these stats. They simply reflect how many total players were brought into locations that were exposed to potential future sponsors. I wish there was also an exact formula to determine how many friends/fans/spectators each event also brought in. That would really pump the #rs up.

Right now the sats that I am trying to accumulate are based on raw tournament information. Many times I can not get these through results and it is even more difficult to get them from the rooms when calling after the events. I have no problem sharing the info gathered especially since thety are all in the first post of this thread. I just wish we could get stats on more events.

Maybe we could all get together and ask MH to give us a private thread so we can share information better and keep better stats on all events.

Good Luck with your tour,

Mj

Stones
08-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Stones, I now know how the thread came across and no my intent was not to rub it in. The #rs speak for themselves, Open #'rs are always different from Amateur #'s and league #rs pounce on all of us tours since they alsways seem to get the best. Discounted entries, free entries and paid entries are all the same to me in accumulating these stats. They simply reflect how many total players were brought into locations that were exposed to potential future sponsors. I wish there was also an exact formula to determine how many friends/fans/spectators each event also brought in. That would really pump the #rs up.

Right now the sats that I am trying to accumulate are based on raw tournament information. Many times I can not get these through results and it is even more difficult to get them from the rooms when calling after the events. I have no problem sharing the info gathered especially since thety are all in the first post of this thread. I just wish we could get stats on more events.

Maybe we could all get together and ask MH to give us a private thread so we can share information better and keep better stats on all events.

Good Luck with your tour,

Mj

Mike,

I bought a new video cam to take video of the semi's and final matches. Another benefit is to take video of the spectators. I find that walking through the crowd with the camera makes it look much more crowded and also, a more accurate head count than taking a video of the rail from across the room.

It's impressive to talk #'s to sponsors and then say "Wait a minute, let me show you video from our last event!

Now, if I can just figure out how to keep the camera from bouncing while I'm walking. Makes some people seasick to watch it. LOL

MikeJanis
08-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Mike,

I bought a new video cam to take video of the semi's and final matches. Another benefit is to take video of the spectators. I find that walking through the crowd with the camera makes it look much more crowded and also, a more accurate head count than taking a video of the rail from across the room.

It's impressive to talk #'s to sponsors and then say "Wait a minute, let me show you video from our last event!

Now, if I can just figure out how to keep the camera from bouncing while I'm walking. Makes some people seasick to watch it. LOL

They make a walking holder for video camers that acts as a shock absorber so you do not get that effect. Usually, costs more than a camera though but I bet you might find one cheap on sleezbay or craigslist.

Mj

cubc
08-12-2008, 10:30 AM
steadycam but yes they're expensive. Try this:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/steadycam/

MikeJanis
08-12-2008, 11:27 AM
steadycam but yes they're expensive. Try this:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/steadycam/

Nice find cubc, I'm ordering one today. Prebuilt of course.

Thanks for the link.

Mj

calcuttaman
08-12-2008, 12:42 PM

This statistical analysis will help when approaching outside industry sponsors while trying to gain their participation in our sport.Again I'm confused, how could this possibly help with outside industry sponsors?

Are you planning on using numbers from other tournaments besides the Viking Tour to promote the Viking Tour?

MikeJanis
08-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Again I'm confused, how could this possibly help with outside industry sponsors?

Are you planning on using numbers from other tournaments besides the Viking Tour to promote the Viking Tour?

Yes/No, we are using it for the ATS.

About The ATS

The ATS is an extremely vast concept for our sport. Its a new system that will lay the foundation for our sport to build upon for many following generations. This system allows all pool players, amateur, league, tournament and otherwise to advance through an exact system to achieve professional status in the ATS US Pro Tour. The complete system involves participation by many regional tours, leagues, independent tournament events, billiard room owners, pro-shop owners and the billiard industry. This system will have hundreds of events in the following years with millions of pool players being reached through our advertising structure. All of which can benefit your tour, tournament, league, pool room, pro-shop, billiard related business, your players and host locations if you wish to participate as a partner. The ATS launch date is January 1st, 2009

Mj