PDA

View Full Version : Free live stream of the best young European player??

Roy Steffensen
08-11-2008, 05:56 AM
Artem Koshovyy, only like 17/18 years old is now playing against Dimitri Jungo, 8-ball, race to 8.

Artem is leading 5-2.

He is playing on table 3 http://www.regiowebtv.info/streamplayers/Pool/pooltest.html

In my opinion he is one of the best young players in Europe.

Last January he finished runner up in the 8-ball Battle of Scandinavia, which Niels Feijen won. Artem beat Marcus Chamat, Ralf Souquet (in the semi), Nick van den Berg + some more great players that weekend. I watched him beat Sandor Tot 9-5 in the European Championships 2 years ago, and he played perfect in that match. That was the year Sandor Tot was on fire, winning 2 out of 7 eurotours, and was nr 1 in Europe.

He has run more than 150 balls in 14-1, both with his left hand and his right hand. I think it is 185 with his right hand, and 169 twice with his left hand. Not sure about the numbers, but I believe I am pretty close to the facts here.

If you get a chance to watch him play, enjoy the show.

Roy Steffensen
08-11-2008, 06:02 AM
Some more info about his ability to play lefthanded. Every fourth week he practise with his left hand. He plays as good with his left hand as he does with his right hand.

When he was much younger his coach, Jorgen Sandman, made him practise with both hands. The reason for this was that both his parents were really low, and because of this they thougt that Artem would not be so tall either. So to give him a little advantage when being low, they forced him to practise with both hands.

Now he executes all kinds of shot with both hands.

During last European Championships I watched him running out a really different 8-ball rack, using 3 left hand shots and the rest right handed.

His steady pace around the table is great, and his rhytm and technique is great. He will for sure be one of the great players from Europe during the next 10 years.

Oh, he is from Ukraine.

vgodley1
08-11-2008, 06:16 AM
I have been watching some of this. Why don't they have / use racks when racking the balls? is this normal there?

Roy Steffensen
08-11-2008, 06:16 AM
As I said, he is from Ukraine. A real poor European country, and I think that is the reason why he didn't compete in the 14-1 division.

In the European Championships 2 years ago, Evgen Novosad (playing in the Junior division this year) he was in the single elimination of the Men 9-ball. (He was like 15 years old back then). Because of the bad economy of the Ukrainian Pool Federation all Ukrainian players had to leave before the European Championship ended, and young Evgen had to forfeit his match in the 9-ball division because they had to catch the train for the 35 hours trip back home.....

Evgen is almost as good as Artem.

Roy Steffensen
08-11-2008, 06:19 AM
I have been watching some of this. Why don't they have / use racks when racking the balls? is this normal there?

All the tables are tapped, which means that there are small "holes" in the cloth. Nothing that you will notice, even if a ball rolls over it, but when you are racking, the balls lay perfectly in these "holes", and it gives every player a perfect rack every time.

I don't know how to explain it better. I have seen Bob Jewett, BlackJack etc explain it pretty good. In lack of better English I say holes in the cloth, but it's not holes... Hope you understand what I mean :D

Roy Steffensen
08-11-2008, 06:22 AM
Artem beat Dimitri Jungo 8-3, finished off with another Break & Run.

vgodley1
08-11-2008, 06:23 AM
Thanks, I have never seen that before, but I do understand what you mean. It seems that a rack would be easier, but perfect racks every time is hard to argure with!

These guys play well!

Roy Steffensen
08-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Thanks, I have never seen that before, but I do understand what you mean. It seems that a rack would be easier, but perfect racks every time is hard to argure with!

These guys play well!

Yeah, it's real hard to argue against it..

There is a problem with it though, and you will see that in 9-ball. If you find the "sweet" spot you will get a ball + control the cueball and 1-ball on every break. Since every break is exactly the same, it's almost impossible to not get a shot on the 1-ball after the break..

Because of this EPBF came up with the 3-point rule on the break, to avoid softbreaks. This means that if you pocket 1 ball atleast 2 balls have to pass the headstring to make it a legal break. If 2 balls are pocketed on the break, 1 ball has to pass the headstring. If you fail to score 3 points on the break, your opponent will get the shot. It seems unfair to pocket 2 balls and give up your break because no balls passed the headstring, but atleast you won't see softbreaks in all the matches, and players running out the same pattern each time...

Don't know if they use this rule in the European Championship though, but it's been used for the Eurotours the last 2 years, and also in Mosconi Cup last year. It force players to break hard, which is good, imo.

Snapshot9
08-11-2008, 06:32 AM
indentions or divots in the cloth.

Colin Colenso
08-11-2008, 06:54 AM
That is a brilliant set up Roy, with 8 tables streaming live simultaneously. Good picture quality too on fullscreen.

Colin

Poolplaya9
08-11-2008, 06:59 AM
I love how they have cameras on 8 different tables at once. The streams are all perfectly smooth and bright and it's a nice sharp picture. They even have the players names and updated scores below. I wish somebody in the US would copy from them, this is great. My only complaint is that they are zoomed out way too far.

Roy Steffensen
08-11-2008, 07:06 AM
Another great thing about the setup is the live-score, rack by rack, from the other 45 tables. You can find the updates here www.europeanpoolchampioships.com/scoreboard.asp.

For more information about the European Championships, visit www.europeanpoolchampionships.com

Each table has a computer next to it, and after each rack the player has to press a button on the computer which update both the screen (viewable, wievable, whatever, for both players and spectators) and the score on internet + on the big screens which are put up inside and outside the arena.

They use this system also on the eurotours. Wish they would copy it and use it on the World Championships too...

Here's a picture of Nick van den Berg. Next to him is the computer, with the screen facing to the spectators. When Nick has for example won a game, he just press +1 on the small black box behind the computerscreen, and the score on both the screen and on the net will change immidiately.