PDA

View Full Version : If you are going to move a Happy Birthday thread to NPR then here is a list to follow

watchez
08-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Just wondering if you are going to move a Happy Birthday thread to NPR then here is a list to follow
To All Who Are Concerned ! by Wheat Cues telling us about his personal crisis

problem with az pm box by ace911 I think there are 52 threads about this

Congrat's to Tara and Jeff by akaTrigger Congrats on the engagement

Funny pic/gif thread... by dfweyer yep, pretty funny

Spammed in my PM by balabusha make that 53 threads about this

can't find unread PM? by half fast bankr up to 54

lookin for Mr. Wilson by pulzcul can you guess the subject. #55

PM popped up, but no PM by island drive #56

I have a pm and I cant see it?? by jamisonneu shocker, #57

Private Messages - Question by jdb ditto, #58

Southpaw? You Alive?? by d_lewis yes, he is alive.

Happy Birthday Hal Houle (it rhymes with Pool) by smorgass bored hmmmmm

Fungus...................... by pinocchio #59, title almost through me off

Pm Box by johnnyt #60 and straight to the point

So, what determines if one thread gets moved to the NPR and others stay in the Main Forum?

By the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE ROGAN :happy-birthday: :happy-birthday: :happy-birthday:

BVal
08-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Man this is NPR LOL!!! j/k

I see your point. :)

BVal

watchez
08-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Man this is NPR LOL!!! j/k

I see your point. :)

BVal

Thanks for reminding me-

Yes, after you have completed the above list please add this thread to NPR as well.

Roy Steffensen
08-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Happy B-day J. Rogan :D

!Smorgass Bored
08-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Happy B-day J. Rogan :D

Who is J. Rogan ?
And, what's his aiming system ?

Doug
(Happy Birthday to everybody...... imo )

Roy Steffensen
08-11-2008, 04:53 PM
I don't know.

I had never heard of him before someone on here wrote something like "Oh my god, are you THE Joe Rogan?" after one of his posts. So I googled him, but I couldn't see that he was a World Champion, so I figured they were just some old friend from high school or something ;)

watchez: really weird birthday-thread you've got going here :D

GoldRush cues
08-11-2008, 05:04 PM
joe rogan. host of fear factor, stand up comic, annnnddd, U.F.C. COMINTATOR!! seriously funny guy!!

DeadPoked
08-11-2008, 05:20 PM
It's absolutely retarded that this thread was moved to NPR. The majority of this forum never even go into the NPR section. Happy Birthday threads have always been an accepted tradition here on AZ and it should stay that way.

This moving threads to NPR nonsense needs to stop.

Cuebacca
08-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Why was only this one birthday thread moved? I have to think that some member complained about it, otherwise it would have stayed on the Main Forum like all the other birthday threads.

Anyway, Happy Birthday Joe! and welcome to the forums, Carlos? :confused: LOL. :)

watchez
08-11-2008, 05:53 PM
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=109192

Here is the original thread to Mr. Rogan. I hope he sees it in NPR so he can read the posters giving their best to him on his birthday.

Mike Templeton
08-12-2008, 10:12 AM
I agree Watchez. Of all the Birthday threads, this is the first I have ever heard of being moved....

Did you pi$$ somebody off????:D

Mike

watchez
08-12-2008, 11:39 AM
I agree Watchez. Of all the Birthday threads, this is the first I have ever heard of being moved....

Did you pi$$ somebody off????:D

Mike

Pi$$ somebody off - well probably for life. You would think that a moderator would be impartial in each instance but there seem to be different rules for different folks. I could add to the list of chores that I provided at the top of this thread just on threads initiated today in the Main Forum but I think I have made my point. I did talk to AZHousePro about this and he had no explanation. I think he probably has better things to do and probably has enough battles to try to win with his moderator. I would think that the moderator would have better things to do as well then to move a Happy Birthday Thread.

To anyone that missed it, make sure you wish Joe Rogan a Happy Belated Birthday.

To those that gave me positive rep, thank you as well.

akaTrigger
08-12-2008, 01:05 PM
I actually was wondering where to put the Tara and Jeff thread, but then remembered all the Birthday threads and figured it was okay. Then I saw the Joe Birthday thread in NPR late yesterday and said an internal. "uh oh." LOL

Happy Birthday Joe! :thumbup:

watchez
08-12-2008, 03:25 PM
I actually was wondering where to put the Tara and Jeff thread, but then remembered all the Birthday threads and figured it was okay. Then I saw the Joe Birthday thread in NPR late yesterday and said an internal. "uh oh." LOL

Happy Birthday Joe! :thumbup:
Don't get me wrong - I don't think there was anything wrong with the Tara/Jeff thread in the Main Forum. I actually read that thread and have no idea who they are. Sound like great people. I was simply comparing the movement of my thread compared to others.

Happy Birthday/Engagement/Good News threads are going to have a short term life compared to most. They are going to run their course in 1-2 days and then fall down into the traffic. But if you want to get a quick, pleasant message out to someone, I think that the Main Forum is a fine place to do so.

Maybe they should have a Birthday/Well Wishers forum. Or maybe people could choose not to read the Birthday wish for the day and by the next day never have to see it again anyways.